How good are Tannenhill and the Titans ?

Teddy KGB

17 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Tannehill is way better than Mariota. 

Mariota was a system QB under Chip at Oregon. I'm surprised he has done this well as a pro. 

Chip recruited him but only coached him in 2012. Helfrich was HC in 2013 and 2014. Same system and I too was surprised he was drafted so high. BTW that Oregon system is really more about the zone read running game than it is about passing game.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

I think Miami sucks and Tannenhill is good 

Miami definitely sucks. If his entire career was against the Bills and how he performed against, he wouldn’t be playing right now. Good Tannenhill rarely surfaced against the Bills.  

Edited by KellyToTasker

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Historically. But he’s 4-1 as a starter and having a career year not on the Dolphins. Could be coincidence but might not be either.

He's looked good for stretches of games in the past.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I think Miami sucks and Tannenhill is good 

That definitely looks to be the case so far. He has been playing very well. Has better coaching in Tenn than he has had his whole career. So I'm not surprised he is playing a lot better there than he was in Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tanny was never bad! He's an example of how teams grow tired of average/respectable quarterbacking since that no longer wins anyone a Super Bowl or even makes a big playoff run (Nick Foles Eagles run notwithstanding). He was kind of Tyrod Taylor-ish, Kyle Orton-esque in a different way, maybe a Marcus Mariota with more staying power ...

I think Tannehill is a decent NFL QB.  He's competent, and if he's given good support, he can give a reasonable impersonation of a top tier QB at times.  He's also a good leader.  The Titans' philosophy of a strong defense and running offense suits him perfectly by taking a lot of the pressure off him.  The Titans have always been a pretty good team, but they could never get better than mediocre with Mariota providing uninspiring leadership along with uninspiring QBing. 

Edited by SoTier

Tannehill is a good QB. He is accurate and doesn’t turn the ball over much. He doesn’t dominate the game, but he won’t lose many games via turnovers. It’s much the same formula we used the first 9 games. That said when the team needs big plays & big throws Tannehill can do that but hasn’t done so consistently where he scares you. Is that good enough to win the AFC South? Sure. Is it good enough to beat the Ravens or Patriots? Maybe one of them, but I don’t see him pulling a Nick Foles & running the table. I believe the Titans will be the #6 Wild Card team & the Colts or Texans win the division. 

Edited by Dr.Sack

11 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tannehill is a good QB. He is accurate and doesn’t turn the ball over much. He doesn’t dominate the game, but he won’t lose many games via turnovers. It’s much the same formula we used the first 9 games. That said when the team needs big plays & big throws Tannehill can do that but hasn’t done so consistently where he scares you. Is that good enough to win the AFC South? Sure. Is it good enough to beat the Ravens or Patriots? Maybe one of them, but I don’t see him pulling a Nick Foles & running the table. I believe the Titans will be the #6 Wild Card team & the Colts or Texans win the division. 

Then we could only meet them in the AFC title game at New Era.....sounds like a plan to me!

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I kind of want Henry to replace Gore next season. The idea of relentlessly hammering teams with him and Singletary makes me something something. 

Wet dream.  Is he a FA?  I'm usually against spending money on FA running backs, but maybe he won't demand a big contract

• Haha (+1) 1