This Sunday's AFC games may HELP the Bills!

Stallions

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

I agree, I think they are the team of the current potentials we match up the best with. There is nothing about them that scares me. All the others, have concerns: Houston--Watkins, KC--their offense, Tenn--revenge, Oakland--the long trip west.

I think the Colts are the best match-up for us.

I think our best matchup would be the Titans. Yes, it’s a revenge game, but Tammyhill probably still has nightmares about Bills defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, theRalph said:

As said above, they require no help. But a tie would be best, keeping both at least 2.5 games back. Hodges has replaced Rudolph and he’s better. Hopefully they beat the snot out of each other, in any event. 

Hehe - absolutely true - checking this morning, a CLE-PITT tie adds another 4% to the Bills chances - up to 97%

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Don’t they have to play Baltimore again?

Yeah, but they can certainly win that. They smoked them in Baltimore. The Browns have plenty of talent. They were just an undisciplined mess for a while. I’d like them to get to 7 losses so that they can’t tie us. I don’t fear Pittsburgh and Hodges at all.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, but they can certainly win that. They smoked them in Baltimore. The Browns have plenty of talent. They were just an undisciplined mess for a while. I’d like them to get to 7 losses so that they can’t tie us. I don’t fear Pittsburgh and Hodges at all.

I disagree. I think Baltimore will steamroll them next time and bear in mind that Cleveland will be missing their best player (Garrett). Baltimore is clicking on all cylinders now.

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

is this not a place to speculate on tie-breakers, playoff scenarios, etc...for the Bills? Cool you could have just skipped over the thread but thanks for the input ?

Sorry your skin is so thin. I fully expect them to make the playoffs. I am a firm believer in making your own way, which the Bills are doing rather well at at the moment, thank you very much. At the beginning of the season I predicted we would have a record similar to what we have now. The only slip up so far in my prognostication is splitting with the NFC least. We have bested that by one now. So to conclude; if you don’t care for other’s opinions don’t go to an open forum message board. Thanks. On to Baltimore. 

57 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I disagree. I think Baltimore will steamroll them next time and bear in mind that Cleveland will be missing their best player (Garrett). Baltimore is clicking on all cylinders now.

I’m not saying that they will win but there isn’t a definite loss on their schedule. I think we get to 10 at this point no matter what. If they do too we both go and we go as the 6 seed. It may not matter but we’d go on the road if we ever played them (and may have to go to KC round 1). I don’t think any other WC contender can get to the 5 seed.

The flip side is Cleveland may be the only other WC team that can win a playoff game. It wouldn’t be the worst thing ever if they went in and knocked off KC. I don’t hate the idea of them getting in at all as long as we are the 5 seed. 

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

Even if Browns lose, they could still go 9-7 and the Bills could lose rest of the way and finish 9-7...At that point, Cleveland still owns the tie breaker unless there are multiple teams involved with the same record.

Houston has choked on all big games.

Cleveland over Pittsburgh

Tennessee over Indy

KC over Oakland,

That will allow only Tennessee to go to 7 wins...Everyone else will be at 6 wins...that keeps the distance at 3 games.   The Browns still will have to play Baltimore,

This is where I'm leaning.  Although Cleveland already did beat Baltimore in Baltimore.  I think the Ravens are playing at a much higher level now.

Not sure this is the right place, but sticking it here anyway. After the Bills provided a good bounty at +250 on Thursday , got some goofin around money for todays games.

so, 1/3 unit on 4 team money line parley

Bengals

Skins

49ers

Steelers

82-1

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not correct. If the one bills win comes against the Steelers,they'd beat out all those teams with 10.

The teams I listed have 5 games left to play and have 6 wins, right?  

Edited by artmalibu

3 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

The teams I listed have 5 games left to play and have 6 wins, right?  

Correct. Titans and colts play each other, however, and the bills play the Steelers. So if the bills beat the Steelers, they're 10-6 with a tiebreaker over the Titans AND the Steelers.

So again, assuming the bills only win 1 and it comes against the Steelers, they're in.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Correct. Titans and colts play each other, however, and the bills play the Steelers. So if the bills beat the Steelers, they're 10-6 with a tiebreaker over the Titans.

So again, assuming the bills only win 1 and it comes against the Steelers, they're in.

So, either the colts/titans and the raiders could win out and have 11 wins, right?