This Sunday's AFC games may HELP the Bills!

Stallions

Some people are too worried about tie breakers and not who we want to play in the first round and the most important qualifier, who has more wins.  It won't matter if Cleveland gets to 9 wins when we have 10 so let them win.

I'd rather figure out scenarios to see who goes where assuming we get 1 win -somewhere- rather than having to specifically beat the Steelers.

We are no longer in years past where we have to stress over long shot tiebreaker scenarios where other teams have to help us get in.  No floods of $17 charity donations this year.

I would also rather see Cleveland lose.   They have won three in a row.   If they win today, you suddenly have  a 6-6 team with a 4 game winning streak, two upcoming games against Cincinnati and a tie breaker over Buffalo.

Pittsburgh would be 7-5 if they win, but we still play them and I like the odds of winning that.   Earlier in the year, I would have counted a game in Pittsburgh as a loss, but I do not see either Rudolph or Hodges being able to do very much against the Bills Defense.

Pittsburgh beating Cleveland and then losing to Buffalo is a scenario that would officially guarantee that Buffalo finishes ahead of both.

Edited by dgrochester55

2 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

Also, routing for the Ravens today, sounds odd, but really don't want the Pats with the # 1 seed.  Does this make sense?

Then you should be rooting for both the Ravens and Pats to lose so we can go for the top seed.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

True but I don't see them beating the Ravens twice, even if the second game is in Cleveland's house. The Brownies will have at least one more loss.

I see the browns winning out. They’re hitting a stride and seem to have the ravens number. They’re the only team in the mix that concerns me since we got the titans tie breaker. 

Bills will be alright for the playoffs no matter what happens today. I want to see the Steelers and the Chiefs lose as always because ***** both those teams.

Throw in a Ravens-Niners slobber knocker + a Texans win tonight for a GREAT Sunday.

I don’t really care what happens in the Cle/Pit game.  If the Browns win it will look nice seeing both clubs sitting on 6 wins and well back of Buffalo. I mean Cleveland would still have to vault over Tennessee which destroyed them head to head earlier this season.  And I don’t think they are going undefeated the rest of the way.

3 hours ago, jeffalb3 said:

Would not mind seeing Titans win the division and bills playing them, so Bills mafia could have a part 2 take over in Nashville. 

My stomach STILL isn't right after Part 1; I'm staying home and rooting from here. That was a bleepshow like none other.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jeffalb3 said:

Would not mind seeing Titans win the division and bills playing them, so Bills mafia could have a part 2 take over in Nashville. 

Ryan Tannehill's star turn

Since stepping in as the Titans' QB1 in Week 7, Tannehill is posting career highs as a starter in win percentage (.800), completion percentage (71.01%), yards per attempt (9.25), touchdown-to-interception ratio (10:3) and passer rating (114.9).

Most importantly, No. 17 has been the spark plug to an offense that's averaged 13.1 more points per game and 93.9 more total yards per game under his direction while also posting the highest red-zone percentage (92.9) in the league during that span entering Week 13.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001081837/article/ryan-tannehills-star-turn-ravens-retro-attack-browns-rebirth

18 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

For those thinking about winning the division - even if the Bills went on a tear - can we have the tiebreaker against the Pats?

you know, i always thought two team tie for the division went

1) Head to head( we would be tied)

2) Division record( we would be tied)

then i thought it went to conference record, but no it goes

3) record against common opponents...think we lose this one ...Pats have wins over Eagles and Browns, we would have one over Ravens...maybe i am missing something

4) Conference record

so we need to end with 3 losses, and Pats with 4...so Pats need to lose 3 in a row looks like for us to get the division

I'm staying over-optimistic and hoping we can win the East.  If Houston upsets NE that would be huge.

If we could find a way to beat Baltimore, it becomes entirely possible we beat NE.

If we win out we should take the East because an NFC loss to Philly vs hopeful NE loss to Houston.

I'd rather see Cleveland beat Pgh because Stillers may throw in the towel.

Josh Allen took a step forward reading the D against Dallas and that also fuels my optimism

3 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I'm staying over-optimistic and hoping we can win the East.  If Houston upsets NE that would be huge.

If we could find a way to beat Baltimore, it becomes entirely possible we beat NE.

If we win out we should take the East because an NFC loss to Philly vs hopeful NE loss to Houston.

as i posted above..common games comes in 3rd in tiebreakers between two clubs within the same division

from the NFL website

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

• Like (+1) 2

For the most part the comments here have been good but it doesn't really matter how a team played in the first part of the year. The Bills are a much improved team than they were at the beginning of the year even though they started out 3-1. What matters is how a team is finishing to get into the playoffs. The Browns beat the Ravens earlier but would one expect a repeat over a team that wasn't playing very well when that game occurred?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

We are going to be the 5 seed it's almost a certainty. At this point are rooting interests should be based on who we want to be the 4 seed. My choice is the colts. With that, go indi kc and ne.

Yep.  Indianapolis is the softest first-round matchup for us by a pretty healthy margin IMO.  It would take a fortunate alignment of the stars to make that happen, but it's worth hoping for.

4 hours ago, jeffalb3 said:

CBS would show replays of homerun throwback 37 times during the game.  I don't think I could maintain my sanity.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SNICE said:

There is no scenario that would lead me to root for the pats*. Not today, not tomorrow, not gonna happen.

If a Patriots regular season win gives us a better shot at winning a playoff game you wouldn't want them to win? Seems silly.

Obviously if we had a realistic shot at the division it would be different, but we dont.