This Sunday's AFC games may HELP the Bills!

Stallions

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I think it’s better for us if Pittsburgh wins, since then that all but guarantees we’ll have a better record than Cleveland (which is good since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker over us).

I doubt Cleveland catches us at 9 wins.

3 hours ago, Stallions said:

I don't worry about the Bills in the Play-Offs after Thursday's performance.  Three key AFC games may eliminate some pretenders for the final play-off spot.

1.  Cleveland at Pittsburgh.  If the Browns win the Steelers have 6 loses.  I don't see them doing much more with undrafted Hodges at QB.

2.  Tennessee at Indianapolis.  They both have 6-5 records.  We beat Tennessee so it would be nice if they won this game.

3.  Oakland at Kansas City.  I'm hoping for a KC win at home.  Let them clinch the AFC West and watch the Raiders (6-5) fall off the chart.

excellent observations and yes all those outcomes would be welcome.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Even if Browns lose, they could still go 9-7 and the Bills could lose rest of the way and finish 9-7...At that point, Cleveland still owns the tie breaker unless there are multiple teams involved with the same record.

right, which is why I said “all but guarantees”... since CLE would have to win their last 4 AND we’d have to lose our last 4 in order for the tiebreaker to even matter... an extremely unlikely scenario 

3 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

Don’t forget about Houston beating the flue-riddled Patriots.  I know it’s a long-shot, but winning the division would be awesome with a home game and a bye. 

Another reason I want them to win is the Texans are a good postseason matchup for us so I hope they take the division as the four seed.  I like our chances against O'Brien and no JJ Watt or Tytus Howard.

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Doesn't Cleveland still have Baltimore left? That one more loss would help as well

At Arizona is no cakewalk either.  Plus, the Bengals (now with Andy Dalton) will be playing their Superbowl against them trying not to go 0-16.

29 minutes ago, iinii said:

Yes. But who really cares? Win or go home

is this not a place to speculate on tie-breakers, playoff scenarios, etc...for the Bills? Cool you could have just skipped over the thread but thanks for the input ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

With regards to?  As of December 1, prior to any of the Sunday games being played, Miami is at a less than 1% chance of post season play.

Draft pick wise.  The Dolphins have the Steelers #1 pick for Fitzpatrick.  Every Steelers win makes that pick later in the 1st round.

It looked originally like it might be a top 10 pick - I would love to see Pittsburgh get enough wins to be late teens or even - as long as Buffalo beats them - low twenties as the 6th seed. 

The same goes for Houston - hate the team, but would love for them to get in and push that pick further back also.

Instead of what at one point looked like potentially 3 picks in the top 15 - if Pittsburgh and Houston can be in the 20’s it hurts who the Dolphins can draft.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I think it’s better for us if Pittsburgh wins, since then that all but guarantees we’ll have a better record than Cleveland (which is good since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker over us).

Browns still play Baltimore too.  I think they’ll lost at least 1 more.  

9 hours ago, Stallions said:

I don't worry about the Bills in the Play-Offs after Thursday's performance.  Three key AFC games may eliminate some pretenders for the final play-off spot.

1.  Cleveland at Pittsburgh.  If the Browns win the Steelers have 6 loses.  I don't see them doing much more with undrafted Hodges at QB.

2.  Tennessee at Indianapolis.  They both have 6-5 records.  We beat Tennessee so it would be nice if they won this game.

3.  Oakland at Kansas City.  I'm hoping for a KC win at home.  Let them clinch the AFC West and watch the Raiders (6-5) fall off the chart.

I want the Cleveland Douchebags to lose!! Need the Texans and SF to win

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I agree with this.  Also, the Bills seemed to wake the Browns up.  Cleveland still has both Bengals games on schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

If I could pick a first round opponent it would be the Colts.  The Bills offense looked pretty comfy playing in a dome.

I agree, I think they are the team of the current potentials we match up with the best. There is nothing about them that scares me. All the others, have concerns: Houston--Watkins, KC--their offense, Tenn--revenge, Oakland--the long trip west.

I think the Colts are the best match-up for us.

Edited by CSBill

10 hours ago, Stallions said:

you forgot the San Fran/Balt game. San Fran wins and we then beat Balt the following week, there is a chance we could gain the #1 seeding.

?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Process said:

Would also prefer the Patriots as the 1 seed, would rather play them in round 2 over the Ravens. Another reason to root for ne.

There is no scenario that would lead me to root for the pats*. Not today, not tomorrow, not gonna happen.

• Like (+1) 1