This Sunday's AFC games may HELP the Bills!

Stallions

I don't worry about the Bills in the Play-Offs after Thursday's performance.  Three key AFC games may eliminate some pretenders for the final play-off spot.

1.  Cleveland at Pittsburgh.  If the Browns win the Steelers have 6 loses.  I don't see them doing much more with undrafted Hodges at QB.

2.  Tennessee at Indianapolis.  They both have 6-5 records.  We beat Tennessee so it would be nice if they won this game.

3.  Oakland at Kansas City.  I'm hoping for a KC win at home.  Let them clinch the AFC West and watch the Raiders (6-5) fall off the chart.

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I think it’s better for us if Pittsburgh wins, since then that all but guarantees we’ll have a better record than Cleveland (which is good since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker over us).

Just now, Warcodered said:

I'd rather the Steelers win and then we beat them.

This is how I lean as well. That Cleveland schedule is SO easy. They can run the table. We’d like another loss for them.

• Like (+1) 4

You always want the teams you have the tiebreaker over to win (within reason), and you always want the team with the tiebreaker over you to lose.  Thus, Pit > Cle, and Ten > Ind.  Obviously we want the Chiefs to stomp the Raiders.

It's amazing how important the head-to-head tiebreaker is thanks to the small number of games in a season.  Getting in the playoffs like we did in 2017 (over two teams who beat us h2h) is an incredibly unlikely scenario, so that Cleveland loss could come back to bite us in a huge way should the worst happen with our remaining schedule.  Luckily none of the other wild card contenders have more than 6 wins right now so just 1 more win for the Bills should ensure a playoff berth.

32 minutes ago, Stallions said:

I don't worry about the Bills in the Play-Offs after Thursday's performance.  Three key AFC games may eliminate some pretenders for the final play-off spot.

1.  Cleveland at Pittsburgh.  If the Browns win the Steelers have 6 loses.  I don't see them doing much more with undrafted Hodges at QB.

2.  Tennessee at Indianapolis.  They both have 6-5 records.  We beat Tennessee so it would be nice if they won this game.

3.  Oakland at Kansas City.  I'm hoping for a KC win at home.  Let them clinch the AFC West and watch the Raiders (6-5) fall off the chart.

None of those matter... The Bills don't need anyone's help this time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I think it’s better for us if Pittsburgh wins, since then that all but guarantees we’ll have a better record than Cleveland (which is good since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker over us).

Even if Browns lose, they could still go 9-7 and the Bills could lose rest of the way and finish 9-7...At that point, Cleveland still owns the tie breaker unless there are multiple teams involved with the same record.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

And we want the Patriots to lose to Houston. Hopefully they beat up Brady in the process. 

Houston has choked on all big games.

41 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Cleveland over Pittsburgh

Tennessee over Indy

KC over Oakland,

That will allow only Tennessee to go to 7 wins...Everyone else will be at 6 wins...that keeps the distance at 3 games.   The Browns still will have to play Baltimore,

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Stallions said:

I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the resurgence of this rivalry. Gruden and Reid basically started on the same coaching staff... should be fun to watch over the next few years. 

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is how I lean as well. That Cleveland schedule is SO easy. They can run the table. We’d like another loss for them.

True but I don't see them beating the Ravens twice, even if the second game is in Cleveland's house. The Brownies will have at least one more loss.

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

True but I don't see them beating the Ravens twice, even if the second game is in Cleveland's house. The Brownies will have at least one more loss.

If the Browns win out, they will be the HOTTEST team going into the playoffs with 7 Straight wins...No one will want to face them. 

A Brows vs Houston match up will be wonderful for the NFL....So much offensive output could be had with those QBs and WRs running on a race track in Houston,

52 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Don’t forget about Houston beating the flue-riddled Patriots.  I know it’s a long-shot, but winning the division would be awesome with a home game and a bye. 

I would love for this to happen! But I don't see Belicheat being out coach by Bill O'Brien 

38 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the Browns win out, they will be the HOTTEST team going into the playoffs with 7 Straight wins...No one will want to face them. 

A Brows vs Houston match up will be wonderful for the NFL....So much offensive output could be had with those QBs and WRs running on a race track in Houston,

Despite their easy schedule, they won't win out, IMO. They are still inconsistent and minus Myles Garrett. And the in-over-his-head Freddie Kitchens is still their coach.They will slip up at least once.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

We are going to be the 5 seed it's almost a certainty. At this point are rooting interests should be based on who we want to be the 4 seed. My choice is the colts. With that, go indi kc and ne

Would also prefer the Patriots as the 1 seed, would rather play them in round 2 over the Ravens. Another reason to root for ne.

After this weeks Cleveland@Pittsburgh matchup both those teams play Baltimore and @Arizona.

Cleveland plays the Bengals twice in addition to Baltimore and Arizona.

Pittsburgh plays @Jets and home against the Bills in addition to Baltimore and Arizona.

So I guess we root for Pittsburgh to beat Cleveland assuming Bills can beat Pittsburgh when we play them...