NFL Power Rankings post Thursday Night Football Standings

bdutton

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2864698-nfl-power-rankings-week-13-post-thursday-night-football-standings-review

They still list Buffalo as a second tier power:

Tier 2 

9. Buffalo Bills (9-3)

10. Houston Texans (7-4) 

11. Dallas Cowboys (6-6)

12. Tennessee Titans (6-5)

13. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5)

14. Los Angeles Rams (6-5) 

15. Philadelphia Eagles (5-6) 

16. Cleveland Browns (5-6) 

Some kind words for the big win in Dallas:

The Buffalo Bills arrived on the national stage and throttled the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Now 9-3, the AFC East club deserves a little more respect in the power rankings.

After the Cowboys' first scoring drive, the offense went flat, following up with two drives that ended with punts and a pair of possessions that resulted in turnovers before a missed field goal with time expiring in the first half.

Perhaps the sum of the Cowboys' talented parts doesn't measure up to what they look like on paper.

Quarterback Dak Prescott leads the league in passing yards (3,788), three-time Pro Bowler Amari Cooper has put together some big games and Ezekiel Elliott is one of the best running backs in the league behind a solid offensive line, but all this amounts to a 6-6 record.

<snip>

The Bills earned their second win over a club with a winning record Thursday—arguably their most impressive victory. Buffalo's third-ranked scoring defense slowed down Dallas' No. 6 offense in points and forced two turnovers.

More importantly, quarterback Josh Allen made shrewd decisions with the football but still played with flair, recovering a fumble to convert on a fourth-down attempt. The Bills also added trickery to their offensive attack, designing a pass play that set up wideout John Brown for an open touchdown-throw to running back Devin Singletary.

For the second time this season, the Bills have put together three consecutive wins. They'll host the Ravens for a must-see matchup in Week 14. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

beat the ravens or pats and that 2nd tier smutz goes away

lose to the squealers and/or the jets with losses to Pats and Ravens and  of course they belong in the 2nd tier

I do agree with your sentiment that the Bills seem to have to do so much more than any other team to get a higher ranking but in the end it will sort itself out when the Bills win the Superbowl this year (something I never though I would even contemplate at all year but I love to dream).

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

beat the ravens or pats and that 2nd tier smutz goes away

lose to the squealers and/or the jets with losses to Pats and Ravens and  of course they belong in the 2nd tier

I do agree with your sentiment that the Bills seem to have to do so much more than any other team to get a higher ranking but in the end it will sort itself out when the Bills win the Superbowl this year (something I never though I would even contemplate at all year but I love to dream).

About the only team I think we should be ranked higher than at this time is Minnesota.  They are a paper tiger IMO.  The only 'quality' team they have beaten is Philadelphia and they squeaked past Dallas.

February 3rd, 2020: 

NFL Power Rankings - Post SB LIV 

10. Buffalo Bills 

Yes, the Bills won the Superbowl last night by defeating the Seattle Seahawks 77-0, and while that is quite an accomplishment, and no small feat, the question still remains: Who have the bills really beaten this year? They had a very easy schedule throughout the regular season, and even in the playoffs they didn't play anyone all that amazing during their three straight road wins. Josh Allen has really flourished as a dual threat QB, running the ball and making incredible plays, but as I've said since before the bills drafted him, I'm just not sure if the accuracy is there. His 104% completion percentage in the playoffs and Superbowl is just a reminder of what everyone knows- you can't fix accuracy. I expect this Bills team to continue to win next year, but I'm hesitant to move them higher in this power ranking. Maybe when they've played some elite NFL competition, or when they move to a city I can find on a map. There's always next year. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills need to just run the motherfathering table.  We're talking regular season through the Super Bowl.  Beat'em all.  Bunch of jerk-faces.  banghead.gif

Edited by Peace Frog

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

February 3rd, 2020: 

NFL Power Rankings - Post SB LIV 

10. Buffalo Bills 

Yes, the Bills won the Superbowl last night by defeating the Seattle Seahawks 77-0, and while that is quite an accomplishment, and no small feat, the question still remains: Who have the bills really beaten this year? They had a very easy schedule throughout the regular season, and even in the playoffs they didn't play anyone all that amazing during their three straight road wins. Josh Allen has really flourished as a dual threat QB, running the ball and making incredible plays, but as I've said since before the bills drafted him, I'm just not sure if the accuracy is there. His 104% completion percentage in the playoffs and Superbowl is just a reminder of what everyone knows- you can't fix accuracy. I expect this Bills team to continue to win next year, but I'm hesitant to move them higher in this power ranking. Maybe when they've played some elite NFL competition, or when they move to a city I can find on a map. There's always next year. 

freaking hilarious

• Awesome! (+1) 1