What are our offensive and defensive game plans to beat Baltimore?

So just watched the Ravens vs the Chargers in the wild card round that pretty much shut down the Ravens.  They went with seven DB's playing extra safeties and so far this year they have not faced the same defense again weird on this so called copycat league why no team would try this again.  Article below brings it up.  I like the idea of using Neal who is a good tackler in as a middle safety to go with Poyer and Hyde this puts Milano and Edmunds on the edge or can move Edmunds around as the Chargers moved Ingram around to blitz thru gaps.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/theres-a-blueprint-for-stopping-lamar-jackson-but-teams-arent-using-it/

Edited by ILBillsfan

39 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

So just watched the Ravens vs the Chargers in the wild card round that pretty much shut down the Ravens.  They went with seven DB's playing extra safeties and so far this year they have not faced the same defense again weird on this so called copycat league why no team would try this again.  Article below brings it up.  I like the idea of using Neal who is a good tackle in as a middle safety to go with Poyer and Hyde this puts Milano and Edmunds on the edge or can move Edmunds around as the Chargers moved Ingram around to blitz thru gaps.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/theres-a-blueprint-for-stopping-lamar-jackson-but-teams-arent-using-it/

Sounds great!!!

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

For the first time this season, I hope they will the toss and take the ball.  The Ravens are fast starters and take you out of your gameplan early. We need to slow that down. 

I disagree with this.  The Bills are not fast starters.  They seem to get better as the game goes along.  If we take the ball first and only get a first down or even two or none... it will do nothing to help but put the Ravens in better field position for their first drive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

For the first time this season, I hope they will the toss and take the ball.  The Ravens are fast starters and take you out of your gameplan early. We need to slow that down. 

I agree with scott7975 the benefits fo the double dip far out weigh taking the ball first.  Been a few discussion in the media about how well the Bills adjust after the opening drive as well.  The Cowboys game would be a perfect example the scored on the opening drive and it never phased the Bills.  That first drive is very script after that let the in game adjustments take over and I think the Bills have done a great job all year adjusting.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I agree with scott7975 the benefits fo the double dip far out weigh taking the ball first.  Been a few discussion in the media about how well the Bills adjust after the opening drive as well.  The Cowboys game would be a perfect example the scored on the opening drive and it never phased the Bills.  That first drive is very script after that let the in game adjustments take over and I think the Bills have done a great job all year adjusting.

Giants too.

McDermott is similar to Belichick in the way that they do a LOT of observational probing on defense in the early game. It can make the 2nd half execution much sharper.

• Like (+1) 1