What are our offensive and defensive game plans to beat Baltimore?

OK, thought it would be fun to throw in some stats stuff here.

JA passing charts off NFL advanced stats from last 2 weeks:

image.thumb.png.965966546895648dccb9392fed032bd0.png

I love to see these, because of all the passes being completed behind and near the LOS, and to the right side of the field.  He just didn't have those last year.

I think that deep incompletion down the R side vs the Cowboys was a PI

LJax charts for the last 2 weeks (click to embiggen).  The Rams game makes me queasy to look at.  For Gawd sake, McD, keep him out of the redzone and if he is in the redzone, cover the pass!  The passing attempts and completions are actually about the same, but last week Allen got more yards out of it.

image.thumb.png.06c40cfb0eb669523c2969ccd9f108d8.png

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/week-14-ravens-at-bills-preview-prediction/

Buffalo has a solid running game with a pair of running backs Devin Singletary (553 yards) and Frank Gore (552)

Who'd have thought it was that even?? 

with that I say

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way

Born to be wild

If we win the coin toss, we need to keep the ball and go on offense. We need to keep the ball out of the Ravens Offenses hands and have long, sustained drives.

This IMHO is the first part of the recipe for success.
Next up, one or two of our LB's shadowing their QB which will also limit the running game. For him to throw whenever possible.

Edited by Returntoglory
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

If we win the coin toss, we need to keep the ball and go on offense. We need to keep the ball out of the Ravens Offenses hands and have long, sustained drives.

Next up, one or two of our LB's shadowing their QB which will also limit the running game. For him to throw whenever possible.

I don't mind if we let Lamar run wild, the key is stopping Ingram and his TEs in the passing game. Yet we also have to milk the clock and score as much as we can as I don't want to be in a shootout as that's not our style.

Baltimore deserves our respect because of what they have done so far this year, but let's get real here...................

stop acting like the Bills are the 89 Broncos going up against the 89 Niners in the SB.

The Bills have very good players on both sides of the ball and I can almost guarantee while they respect the Ravens, they ABSOLUTELY have no fear of them whatsoever, as most Bills fans seem to have.

The Bills just need to play their game and let the chips fall where they may. Which means if they have shots at big plays, you take em. You don't worry about long sustained drives if you can take the big play.

Again, the Ravens deserve our respect, not our fear.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

No, you defer

• Like (+1) 2

I would never take the ball first if given the opportunity.  Double dipping just has way too many benefits.

Losing by 17 and score at end of half and first possession in third and that lead is slashed.

leading Bir tied ... score at the end of the half and come out and score you can potentially bury a team.

gettung the ball first does nothing for you in regards to what the double dip can do.

never take the ball firat

Edited by ILBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2