Freddie Kitchens wore a "Pittsburgh Started It" t-shirt

StHustle

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It takes two to escalate a situation but being slammed to the ground about a second after you throw it on a garbage time screen pass would piss me off too.  Was Rudolph just supposed to lay on the ground and take it?  

Even if Rudolph started it (which he didn't), there's no reason in hell to swing a helmet at another man's head.  In a bar fight you're getting jail time if you hit a guy with a broken bottle.=

We completely agree on this.

There is no question who started this. It's ridiculous and embarrassing that a coach would wear a shirt like that because it was such an egregious act that the last thing a leader should ever do is something that would belittle that truth. In the end, I'm exceedingly glad that this isn't my team and my team's coach, but I hope they don't fire him because my sense is he's not a very good coach. The Mayfield, Darnold, Allen this will go on on for years, and if Mayfield can get hogtied by Kitchens while Darnold is hogtied to Gase, then all I'm missing is Brady*s retirement for the trifecta to watch the Bills be relevant for a long time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's not wrong.

He's not wrong, but the head coach needs to set the tone for his team.

And that tone has to be:

-Doesn't matter who started it now

-Put your feelings about it aside (or hold them inside), play a clean, hard game - we can't afford to lose anyone else

He can not say these things to his team and set that tone while he's wearing that "Pittsburgh started it" t-shirt posing with fans.

He can't, it simply would not resonate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He's not wrong.

Nope...He is dead wrong.  Inciting public on something that could have dastardly gone wrong is NOT What a Head Coach, the leader of a team will do. 

It also show how INSINCERE was their apology to the Steelers and Rudolph. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's not wrong, but the head coach needs to set the tone for his team.

And that tone has to be:

-Doesn't matter who started it now

-Put your feelings about it aside (or hold them inside), play a clean, hard game - we can't afford to lose anyone else

He can not say these things to his team and set that tone while he's wearing that "Pittsburgh started it" t-shirt posing with fans.

He can't, it simply would not resonate.

This is absolutely correct, except that he's wrong. Garrett started it with the late hit and slam.

k

He did t kick him in the groin... He was trying to get Garrett off him. Stupid tweeters say stupid stuff.

Anyone who agrees with this tweeter let me know so I can put you on ignore, and save myself the time to ever reading anything from people like Tyler dumbass.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is absolutely correct, except that he's wrong. Garrett started it with the late hit and slam.

Late hits happen, dude.  The QB has to be the one who keeps his cool, not the one who escalates.

You can say why was Garret going for the takedown on the last play of the game, but then you gotta say why was Pittsburgh throwing on the last play of the game?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Late hits happen, dude.  The QB has to be the one who keeps his cool, not the one who escalates.

You can say why was Garret going for the takedown on the last play of the game, but then you gotta say why was Pittsburgh throwing on the last play of the game?

Pulling a Helmet off the head is a Personal Foul and a 15 yard Penalty...

Hitting a defenseless player with a Helmet right on the crown of the head can be a criminal assault that can send you to jail.  

The only thing that matters is that hit to the head...Rudolph could have died or at the minimum had a skull injury...The NFL as a game could have been completely shut down.

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Late hits happen all the time.

Yet you rarely (if ever) see the QB have a full-out child-like temper tantrum by attempting to rip the offending defensive player's helmet off his head. Instead, you'll see them try to sell the late hi to the ref for a flag because they know in the end it's just a football play and not a blatant personal attack against his manhood and what not.

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Hitting a defenseless player with a Helmet right on the crown of the head can be a criminal assault that can send you to jail.  

The only thing that matters is that hit to the head...Rudolph could have died or at the minimum had a skull injury...The NFL as a game could have been completely shut down.

Kitchens' dumb t-shirt said "Steelers started it".

It did not say "Garrett did the right thing" or "Hitting a player on the head with a helmet is perfectly safe".

Stick to the topic.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001081962/article/freddie-kitchens-knows-shirt-was-not-a-good-look

So to add to other descriptions, Kitchens is a fool?

"The Browns issued a statement to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Kitchens' daughters presented him with the shirt on Friday, which was his birthday, as a joke and that the coach wore it while with his family to see a movie. Kitchens did not intend for anyone to see it and realizes it's not a good look. "

(emphasis mine)

If you don't intend anyone to see something you're wearing, DON"T WEAR IT IN PUBLIC as a visible layer.   If you don't intend for anyone to see something you're wearing but you do wear it in public as a visible layer, please alert law enforcement that your second neuron is missing and ask for a search-and-rescue team because something between your ears is just NOT firing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001081962/article/freddie-kitchens-knows-shirt-was-not-a-good-look

So to add to other descriptions, Kitchens is a fool?

"The Browns issued a statement to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Kitchens' daughters presented him with the shirt on Friday, which was his birthday, as a joke and that the coach wore it while with his family to see a movie. Kitchens did not intend for anyone to see it and realizes it's not a good look. "

(emphasis mine)

If you don't intend anyone to see something you're wearing, DON"T WEAR IT IN PUBLIC as a visible layer.   If you don't intend for anyone to see something you're wearing but you do wear it in public as a visible layer, please alert law enforcement that your second neuron is missing and ask for a search-and-rescue team because something between your ears is just NOT firing.

There is NO LEADING FROM THE FRONT for this HC.  That is why that team is in disarray.  We missed a golden opportunity to win against them by shooting ourselves in the foot

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I would have to say that the NFL disagrees with you, and I guess the various defensive players I've heard speak on the subject disagree also.

Certainly the helmet blow to the head is the aspect that went beyond what we've previously seen.   Certainly it could be considered for criminal assault charges.

But it's not the only thing that matters, in the view of the NFL, or they wouldn't have fined Rudolph and suspended Pouncey

It's not the only thing that matters in the view of the players.  All the defensive players I've heard on the subject felt Rudolph bore some blame for trying to pull Garrett's helmet off and then for continuing after him when his teammates were already there separating them.

But this is off the topic of Kitchen's shirt, which is clearly 1) asinine and 2) inappropriate for the HC to wear.

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Late hits happen all the time.

Yet you rarely (if ever) see the QB have a full-out child-like temper tantrum by attempting to rip the offending defensive player's helmet off his head. Instead, you'll see them try to sell the late hi to the ref for a flag because they know in the end it's just a football play and not a blatant personal attack against his manhood and what not.

Kitchens' dumb t-shirt said "Steelers started it".

It did not say "Garrett did the right thing" or "Hitting a player on the head with a helmet is perfectly safe".

Stick to the topic.

When's the last time a QB was to blame when someone hit him? You're not that dumb, this is just a troll job. 

10 hours ago, StHustle said:

More evidence this guy is out of his league. An NFL HC simply can't make such pathetic decisions.

Apparently his daughters bought it for him as a joke but him deciding to wear it in public, even taking pictures with fans wearing it was a total bone headed move. The makers of the shirt got ahold of the pic and used it for an advertising post ??‍♂️

How embarrassing for the Browns organization.

https://es.pn/2LnTnX1

kitchens-pittsburgh-started-it.jpg

well its on now, gonna have to record it now !

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would have to say that the NFL disagrees with you, and I guess the various defensive players I've heard speak on the subject disagree also.

Certainly the helmet blow to the head is the aspect that went beyond what we've previously seen.   Certainly it could be considered for criminal assault charges.

But it's not the only thing that matters, in the view of the NFL, or they wouldn't have fined Rudolph and suspended Pouncey

It's not the only thing that matters in the view of the players.  All the defensive players I've heard on the subject felt Rudolph bore some blame for trying to pull Garrett's helmet off and then for continuing after him when his teammates were already there separating them.

But this is off the topic of Kitchen's shirt, which is clearly 1) asinine and 2) inappropriate for the HC to wear.

Hap...Maybe you can explain to me why so many people think this was such an egregious "late hit" by Garrett. The point where the ball comes out is on the side of Garrets helmet where he cant see the ball. He gets there probably 1/10 of a second (IF THAT LONG!) after the ball comes out.  The way he had Rudolph wrapped up he could have picked him up and power drived him into the turf if he wanted to. Instead he simply pulls him down on top of him. Literally the softest way you can tackle a QB. Video clearly shows exactly what Im describing below:

giphy.gif

My only conclusion is that because this ends with Garrett whopping him with his own helmet, these people see his initial hit waaaay worse than what happened in reality. In my estimation, Rudolph only acted like he did out of pure frustration of his poor play. Things get chippy at the end of games all the time if guys feel like the winning team is still playing too hard. Regardless, what we see above from Garrett is not him starting a fight. What a ridiculous assessment. 

Edited by StHustle

16 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

As is Garrett's response in a winning game with 7 secs left.

Bye bye... You just lost your career and livelihood in a league that is a PRIVILEGE to play.  He should be banned for life.  

Next, a more deserving player!

THAT'S, ridiculous!

Good to know that we agree that your post was ridiculous. 

I also agree with you that Garrett's reponse to Rudolph kicking him in the nuts ans trying to rip his helmet off was ridiculous.   Banned for life? Probably not, but he deserves a nice long suspension.   

As for Rudolph, I think he deserved a game as well, but there are different rules for QBs in this league.   

Are we really discussing whether Pittsburgh/Mason or Cleveland/Garrett started it?

I thought the point was none of that matters in regards to a head coach of a team perpetuating discussion about an incident that was wrong across everyone involved.

It's one thing to blame the coach for players getting heated on the field. That can happen.

But the actions of the coach and team afterward - they can and should be held accountable. 

That's why they're the COACH.

As we debate "who really started it"  - it's moot. Even if you 100% agree that "Pittsburgh started it", there is NO WAY a senior team rep (i.e. non-player) should ever be initiating that discussion in public. Ever. 

The fact it's the head coach...wow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1