Freddie Kitchens wore a "Pittsburgh Started It" t-shirt

StHustle

If you're dumb enough to play Garrett up 14 with 13 seconds left then you're dumb enough to wear a t-shirt in public that adds fuel to the fire.  Maybe elevating a RB coach to head coach wasn't the greatest move for the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're dumb enough to play Garrett up 14 with 13 seconds left then you're dumb enough to wear a t-shirt in public that adds fuel to the fire.  Maybe elevating a RB coach to head coach wasn't the greatest move for the Browns.

It was however,  the perfect "Browns" move.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Well, he was an understudy for Hugh Jackson, so he’s got that going for him.

What really happens was that Myles Garrett tried to bash an opposing player in the head with a helmet.  Everything that happened prior to that is immaterial. Not hard for most people to understand.

Where did I say what he did was right? I didn’t. So stop assuming that. 

The point is...if Rudolph didn’t react the way HE did, it would have never happened. Most people understand that. I guess you’re not one of them. 

2 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Yes he is wrong.   

What started it was a late hit and then Garrett pulling Rudolph to the ground when the ball is already 20 yards downfield. 

No one with an ounce of common sense can watch that play and think anyone other than Garrett started it by slamming Rudolph (and his head)  to the ground long after the ball was gone.

It's not even close to being considered any other way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

No one with an ounce of common sense can watch that play and think anyone other than Garrett started it by slamming Rudolph (and his head)  to the ground long after the ball was gone.

Have you met @Wayne Arnold & @Doc?

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's not wrong.

Nope

The idiot that decided that it was both necessary and appropriate to take the QB to the ground 4 seconds after he released the ball with 8 seconds left in a 14-point game is the guy that "started it".

Beyond all shadow of a doubt 

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It takes two to escalate a situation but being slammed to the ground about a second after you throw it on a garbage time screen pass would piss me off too.  Was Rudolph just supposed to lay on the ground and take it?  

Even if Rudolph started it (which he didn't), there's no reason in hell to swing a helmet at another man's head.  In a bar fight you're getting jail time if you hit a guy with a broken bottle.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Should be fired at seasons end for this stunt alone.

Unprofessional as hell.

However, for selfish reasons, I hope the Browns hand on to him for another year or two.

They are going to dump him after the season, so why not do it now and send a message! We know they won't cause they're the dysfunctional Browns.

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

They are going to dump him after the season, so why not do it now and send a message! We know they won't cause they're the dysfunctional Browns.

That's why I don't want them to. I'd rather have an idiot coaching them for the next season or two.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have to imagine they just didn't watch the play close enough.

Amazing that you can read Garrett's mind and know for a fact that he knew Rudolph had gotten rid of the football.

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Against people from India?  That's where the word comes from.

giphy.gif