If Foster Starts Rolling This Team Is Beyond Dangerous

H2o

On 11/30/2019 at 11:19 AM, billsfan_34 said:

I'm sure RB will be high on the list. I cant believe Yeldon hasn’t seen the field. Shows what they think of him!

Don't sleep on Christian Wade, stashed away as the 11th man on the practice squad through the International Player Program. Wade made a couple of mind-bogglingly electrifying plays in pre-season, and you had better believe he's been soaking in everything, like a sponge, while riding the pine. 

So, for next year we have Singletary: a Barry Sanders type (without the breakaway speed); Christian Wade: an untapped talent with moves and quickness that have translated to the NFL, albeit in limited snaps; and T.J. Yeldon: a very good pass-catching back, with a smidge of fumbleitis.

Gore is most likely not returning--although I wouldn't bet against Frank, if he wants to come back; many have, and he's made a career of proving doubters wrong--so what we may want to consider in the draft is a A/B gap pounder with great blocking skills. These are the kind of backs you can find in the 4th through 7th rounds. They aren't sexy, and they tend to drop because of it. Knowing McBeane's penchant for picking players who play multiple positions, you have to believe this type of player will have to be able to log some special teams snaps, as well. 

So, that's my theory: we pick up a bruiser-type back who is solid in pass protection, and can play or is willing to play special teams, on the 3rd day of the draft. 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He actually ran tons of crossers last season

He first career TD was on a long long deep crossing route

Yep - and in reality - I prefer him running some type of crossing or post routes because he seems to pick up and track the ball better when he can be more turned toward the ball. 

The deep sideline go routes and the deep corner routes where he is trying to track the ball with only a head turn and he has to adjust speed to the depth of the pass seems difficult for him.  There is almost no way he makes the TD catch that Brown made against Denver.  The wind was swirling and Brown had to adjust his speed multiple times in route to running through the ball to make the diving catch.

I like Foster on the post, deep in cuts, and deep crossing routes like his catch against Dallas.  He was coming across on JA’s roll and he could see the ball all the way into his hands without tracking.  He is really good at those.

McKenzie (McKittrick for those having fun) seems able to track a bit better and made a catch against Dallas similar to Duke Williams catch on the touch pass over the LBs heading toward the sidelines and I think that is a route Foster struggles with.  Unfortunately McKenzie got tripped up by the turf monster or that could have been a huge gain with his speed and moves.

6 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Don't sleep on Christian Wade, stashed away as the 11th man on the practice squad through the International Player Program. Wade made a couple of mind-bogglingly electrifying plays in pre-season, and you had better believe he's been soaking in everything, like a sponge, while riding the pine. 

So, for next year we have Singletary: a Barry Sanders type (without the breakaway speed); Christian Wade: an untapped talent with moves and quickness that have translated to the NFL, albeit in limited snaps; and T.J. Yeldon: a very good pass-catching back, with a smidge of fumbleitis.

Gore is most likely not returning--although I wouldn't bet against Frank, if he wants to come back; many have, and he's made a career of proving doubters wrong--so what we may want to consider in the draft is a A/B gap pounder with great blocking skills. These are the kind of backs you can find in the 4th through 7th rounds. They aren't sexy, and they tend to drop because of it. Knowing McBeane's penchant for picking players who play multiple positions, you have to believe this type of player will have to be able to log some special teams snaps, as well. 

So, that's my theory: we pick up a bruiser-type back who is solid in pass protection, and can play or is willing to play special teams, on the 3rd day of the draft. 

Wade is raw but shows promise- I certainly do not want to hitch our wagons to him. Gore, as much as I love the guy should not be back- he doesn’t have anything left in the tank. We must get stronger and faster at the RB position to complement Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, T master said:

He's also a bit bigger than the ("Smurph's) at 6' 2" his size would be welcome not only as a vertical threat but in the red zone too !

I wish they could find a place for Duke too ?

He is a big fast WR

Former 5* recruit and top WR prospect

7 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I am 100% sleeping on Christian Wade.   I would honestly be shocked if he made the team next year.

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

You must be either:

1) A Buffalo Bills coach

2) Stealing Belichick's tapes illegally filmed Bills practices

3) Crazy

Haha, I just think he's a good story, but not a realistic option.   Singletary looks like he is capable of being the lead RB, so i'd draft another guy in the 3rd Round to go with him.  Seems to be the sweet spot for running backs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Haha, I just think he's a good story, but not a realistic option.   Singletary looks like he is capable of being the lead RB, so i'd draft another guy in the 3rd Round to go with him.  Seems to be the sweet spot for running backs.

Word. I can agree with that.

(But I still saw some magic, on the few runs he had. We can always hope, right?)

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever