If Foster Starts Rolling This Team Is Beyond Dangerous

H2o

Singletary is starting to come on, but the Bills are still lacking "playmakers." Brown and Beasley have greatly improved the overall quality of the receiving core, but they haven't had many improvisation type big plays.

The reason Foster "could" be so important is that he has the elite athleticism to be that guy. I'm talking about a guy turning a 10 yard gain into a 40 yard gain. It would be ideal if both Singletary and Foster turn it on because the offense will need those plays against elite competition.

Knox is certainly a guy capable of making things happen after the catch and is getting better every week. Still. Want to see more "streaking." Wait.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

If Allen keeps spreading the love around and we get one or two Knox stiff arms, a Mackenzie sweep & catch / some Mackenzie wildcat, a Kroft seam catch, a Foster deep shot, and overall great checkdowns to the backs, I’m all for complimentary players easing the pressure off Beasley & Brown to produce. To me the growth of the offense is in incorporating the other guys in a timely and effective way.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He is averaging 1 catch and 1 run per game over the past 4 games or so.

I just can’t get excited about that or even begin to think he is about to take on a larger role in this offense. 

His snaps are going up again though. Last week he was in on 41% of the snaps getting 28. He seems to be gaining the trust of the staff again. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

His snaps are going up again though. Last week he was in on 41% of the snaps getting 28. He seems to be gaining the trust of the staff again. 

Is it that or nobody has distinguished themself after Brown and Beasley and every rock is being turned over?

I’ll be the first to say I like Foster’s speed and what he did the last half of last season....but there has to be a reason for the decline.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Is it that or nobody has distinguished themself after Brown and Beasley and every rock is being turned over?

I’ll be the first to say I like Foster’s speed and what he did the last half of last season....but there has to be a reason for the decline.

I mean he has battled some injuries going all the way back to training camp. Maybe he's finally getting healthy now? I'm not saying he is our savior or anything, but if we get the Foster of the last 4 games of 2018 then it completely changes the dynamic of the offense. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I mean he has battled some injuries going all the way back to training camp. Maybe he's finally getting healthy now? I'm not saying he is our savior or anything, but if we get the Foster of the last 4 games of 2018 then it completely changes the dynamic of the offense. :thumbsup:

I hope.

That could really be a lot for a defense to handle.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

We can hope it’s just that it was continuous nagging injuries. If that’s the case and he’s finally healthy he might make a big difference. Honestly, if he can make a chunk play or two happen every game he could free Brown up for some single coverage deep or just force teams into 2-deep coverage and free up Knox and Beasley. ?? 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

NFL made it harder taking away game PDFs.  Some marketing wheenie probably said it increases chance of player paying for replays but all it has done with me along with removing ability to listen to games is have me stop buying NFL gear.  Each year I have spent $200-300 a year on gear but since changes I have spent nothing.

I have noticed replays seem to be less and when the do it is very quick. In the stadium I still have a hard time deciphering our offensive packages due to all the movement. Defense I can pick out much easier- base 4-3, nickel, dime etc...

If Foster is worked back in to the O and if he performs, it will be a great thing for the offense, on every level. 

It will also be a bad thing for opposing Ds, they will have all the more to be, shall we say, “concerned” with.....

Go Bills!!!

While I like Foster’s and McKenzie’s speed, I think they are just gadget/situational players at the moment. It’s not to say that they can’t improve and do more, but up until this point of the season, both have had a minimal impact on the offense. I’m still hoping in the offseason that the Bills get another WR that can either be a true #1 WR or at least complement John Brown and a #1 TE. If they do that, then Allen will be throwing for 300+ yards in almost every game.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:46 AM, billsfan_34 said:

I have noticed the same thing. Foster has some serious speed and can cause fits opposite Brown if used right. Off topic some- where in the heck is Croft? A lot of money for such little production.

It was a poor signing when there were better options still on the market...

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

We were also in salary cap hell remember? 

I do remember...and I also remember most people thought the bills overpaid for a guy that was often injured...oh well, can’t win them all...at least we hit with a Knox.

Foster and Kroft are two guys I can see having big games down the stretch. 
Foster seems to be working the crossing routes finally. Something I think he can excel at, In particular deep crossing where DB’s think he is going on a fly and he cuts across. Allen can flick his wrist and the ball travels 20 yards in a flash. 
This offense has the makings to be deadly. 

11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Foster and Kroft are two guys I can see having big games down the stretch. 
Foster seems to be working the crossing routes finally. Something I think he can excel at, In particular deep crossing where DB’s think he is going on a fly and he cuts across. Allen can flick his wrist and the ball travels 20 yards in a flash. 
This offense has the makings to be deadly. 

Allen's deep ball to Foster the past couple games seems like either a catch or DPI every time. Adds a dimension to the offense.