If Foster Starts Rolling This Team Is Beyond Dangerous

H2o

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Singeltary and Foster DO have some after burners.....work Knox and Sweeney underneath in the seam as well......throw in a bit of Brown & Beasley......hmmmm......

Singeltary isn’t fast at all. Like, at all. He’s fantastic in many areas (vision, change of direction, contact balance) but speed isn’t a strength of his. He’s not going to bust off many 50-60 yard runs but he’ll have a ton of 10-15 yarders.

1 hour ago, die hard bills fan said:

All a part of Daboll's master plan.  Hide your teams offensive "identity" until mid season and then slowly add in key elements and  unleash your full potential on unsuspecting defensive coordinators for then end of the season and playoffs.  ?

Great observation and it does seem that way. The offense continues to evolve and be more efficient.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He has more “football speed” than smoke- not sure what each 40 times are.

I agree, when he turned the corner last week I was like “damn.” He outran the angle. There may be a big play or 2 left for him this year. If he busts one of those in a 3 point game or something...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MDH said:

Singeltary isn’t fast at all. Like, at all. He’s fantastic in many areas (vision, change of direction, contact balance) but speed isn’t a strength of his. He’s not going to bust off many 50-60 yard runs but he’ll have a ton of 10-15 yarders.

I'm not sure. A comparable: CJ Anderson? He has a short stocky RB without much straight line speed, but he managed to peel off some long runs in the 40+ range.

6 minutes ago, MDH said:

...combine 4.66 and his elusiveness counts for SOMETHING, right?.....

..."Singletary’s game tape shows a player with shiftiness and short-area quickness to excel at the combine events tailored for those skills, such as the 3-cone drill and the short shuttles..".....

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree, when he turned the corner last week I was like “damn.” He outran the angle. There may be a big play or 2 left for him this year. If he busts one of those in a 3 point game or something...

I was like holy cow it looked like it had afterburners!

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I really like how Daboll uses both Foster and McKenzie. It took a season and a half but McDermott and Daboll finally figured out that speed is the most dangerous ability in the modern NFL. Really the whole offense has opened up ever since we got rid of Zay Jones. Every receiver on the field puts stress on the defense and it shows.

I don’t think it took them that long, they scratched Duke the moment Foster started getting healthy. I think that the problem was Foster’s health. He looks like flash now. 

1 hour ago, JinxedBill said:

Forster needs to come on strong he’s the element of this offense we are missing.

Also need to get the ball to Knox more. Kid is like gronk out there running ppl over. 

he has great YAC skills but the kid needs to work on his catching. I think he leads the team in drops? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t think it took them that long, they scratched Duke the moment Foster started getting healthy. I think that the problem was Foster’s health. He looks like flash now. 

Last year our top 2 receivers were Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. Every time I think about it my mind is blown. No QB would have been successful in that offense. Luckily they figured it out this year.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

if Foster is able to run the entire route tree... my gosh, defenses are in trouble. Foster and Brown on the outside, Beasley in the slot and either Knox or Kroft lining up at TE and Singletary in the backfield... that is a scarey lineup to defend. not to mention, you would also have to account for Josh's run ability.

I recall reading last season that he is a good route runner.  There's no reason for him not to be comfortable with a full route tree.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Last year our top 2 receivers were Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. Every time I think about it my mind is blown. No QB would have been successful in that offense. Luckily they figured it out this year.

After the Zay experiment I don’t see them taking a WR high for awhile. They are getting good value from role players and the offense looks much healthier now. 

Any team is dangerous.  It's about the coaches reading the plays of other teams.

Romo's comment just before Half when McD took a time out was pure gold.  McD took that time out as a "knowledge" time out.  He got Dallas to show it's hand, uncovered the Cowboys offense.  It was like finding the "Rosetta Stone" for that game.

I agree... Foster, speed helps... It keeps the Bills "Rosetta Stone" hidden from the other team.

Don't fool yourself... This is all what the modern game is about.  It's so dialed in as a chess match... Why Belicheat ups his game... Even cheats to get those winning results.

Yeah, get Foster into the fold... Gives McD more time to figure out other team first.

Any coincidence Dallas only scores on first drive and during mop up?  McD figured out Garrett first.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

For Foster to really play to his potential, and be anything like the threat he was in '18, Allen will have to get his long ball back.

...is it him or is it the infrequency of the call has hampered his timing?.....no smart azz here...just a quick question.....could it be a rhythm thing?....

22 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

he has great YAC skills but the kid needs to work on his catching. I think he leads the team in drops? 

I knew I couldn't be the only one. I like Knox's potential but I really hope he can improve his hands. He seems a bit stiff to me when reaching for a ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I have no idea why they gave Kroft such a large contract. 

At the time, the Bills had nothing at TE.  Croft was the best available FA and was being sought by multiple teams.  Beane did what was necessary to fill the hole.  Later, the draft of Knox and Sweeney has made him expendable to save money.

• Like (+1) 1