HBO's Watchmen. Who's watching?

PromoTheRobot

Just now, Max Fischer said:

Wasn't going to watch since I found the graphic novel and movie underwhelming. However, after a few trustworthy recommendations I'm glad I did.  It's very well written, complex and thought provoking.  I liked everything about it.  

As a friend explained to me last night, the ending is virtually exactly the same as the plot denouement as GoT. I’ll avoid spoilers here (see below), but it’s kinda mind-blowing.

[Spoiler alert]

lady triu is a megalomaniac just like daenerys, and a trusted family member formerly in exile takes it upon himself to kill her. He is then exiled again. Cyclops — just like the white walkers —  are what we’re led to believe is the true enemy, but they’re a headfake (and both are eliminated in one quick blow). There is more. It is a profoundly great show. 

17 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As a friend explained to me last night, the ending is virtually exactly the same as the plot denouement as GoT. I’ll avoid spoilers here (see below), but it’s kinda mind-blowing.

[Spoiler alert]

lady triu is a megalomaniac just like daenerys, and a trusted family member formerly in exile takes it upon himself to kill her. He is then exiled again. Cyclops — just like the white walkers —  are what we’re led to believe is the true enemy, but they’re a headfake (and both are eliminated in one quick blow). There is more. It is a profoundly great show. 

I can see the similarities, but never would have come up with analogy, especially since I thought GOT's last few episodes seemed awfully rushed for all the plot points to come together.  On the other hand, to me, WM was perfectly paced to a very satisfying conclusion. I hope there is a 2nd season but would understand if they decide against. 

19 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I can see the similarities, but never would have come up with analogy, especially since I thought GOT's last few episodes seemed awfully rushed for all the plot points to come together.  On the other hand, to me, WM was perfectly paced to a very satisfying conclusion. I hope there is a 2nd season but would understand if they decide against. 

I can't see them NOT doing a second season. (See: $$$$) But I read somewhere that if they do, they won't extend the same story but explore another thread of the Watchman universe.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:58 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

I can't see them NOT doing a second season. (See: $$$$) But I read somewhere that if they do, they won't extend the same story but explore another thread of the Watchman universe.

I suppose they left a few threads out there which they could explore if they wanted to, but I really hope this is it.  The story feels finished for every character who did appear in this one.  I don't want to see the story continued without anyone from the original book, so that really only leaves one more person they can follow.  I'll avoid the spoiler just in case, but if you read and watched, you know why I'm talking about.

31 minutes ago, shrader said:

I suppose they left a few threads out there which they could explore if they wanted to, but I really hope this is it.  The story feels finished for every character who did appear in this one.  I don't want to see the story continued without anyone from the original book, so that really only leaves one more person they can follow.  I'll avoid the spoiler just in case, but if you read and watched, you know why I'm talking about.

I think there are several possibilities. Don't forget they can go back and forth in time for any storyline.