Impressed by the 4th Quarter Game Defining Drive

ganesh

That’s a drive the patriots have done to us countless times.  Bone crushing, back breaking drive that just eats the clock and kills the other teams hopes.

That my boys is how you football.  Our other coaches should have punted it after a three run in a row three and out with the same old mantra that “our d is playing well”.  

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

I was super impressed by the drive in the 4th quarter that ate the clock for 7:02 minutes...It basically put the game out of reach for Dallas.   The Bills have never had such a game defining drive in several years and usually they are all against the Bills when they were desperate to have the ball back.  Here is the play by play on the drive..

The drive started at the Bills OWN 6 yard line (after Dallas had turned it over downs). and they marched to Dallas 8.....It was a 14 Play drive and had ONE Incomplete PASS and 3 runs for 0 or negative yards.   Allen converted 3  First  Downs including the sweet pass to Foster.   My Goodness!  This was gut wrenching for Dallas.  

1st and 10 at BUF   6, 16 Yard Run,     D.Singletary right end to BUF 22 for 16 yards (J.Smith).

1st and 10 at BUF 22,  -2 Yard Run      D.Singletary right tackle to BUF 20 for -2 yards

2nd and 12 at BUF 20, 6 Yard Pass,    J. Allen pass shor left to J. Brown

3rd and 6 at BUF 26,   14 Yard Pass,   J. Allen short left to D. Singletary pushed OB at BUF 40

1st and 10 at BUF 40,  7 Yard Run,      R. Foster left end to BUF 47

2nd and 3  at BUF 47,   -1 Yard Run,    D. Singletary right guard to BUF 46

3rd and 4 at BUF 46,   20 Yard Pass,   J. Allen pass short right to R. Foster ran OB at DAL 34

1st and 10 at DAL 34,  6 Yard Run       J. Allen up the middle to DAL 28

2nd and 4  at DAL 28,   0 Yards            D. Singletary left tackle to DAL 28

3rd and 4  at DAL 28,   18 Yard PENALTY,  J. Allen pass incomplete deep left to D. Knox.  PI

1st and Goal at DAL 10, -4 Yard SACK,    J. Allen sacked at DAL 14

2nd and Goal at DAL 14,  6 Yard Run,   D. Singletary up the middle to DAL 8

3rd and Goal  at DAL 8,    Incomplete    J.  Allen pass incomplete short middle to D. Singletary

4th and Goal at DAL 8,    FIELD GOAL,   S. Hauschka 26 yard field goal is GOOD

Wife commented on it mid drive too.  It was a thing of beauty!

That drive was simply beautiful. They essentially ripped the heart out of the Cowboys and sealed the win.   

We've seen so many 80-90 yard drives this season... I can't be the only one that no longer dreads the poor field position to start a drive?  

• Like (+1) 2