Impressed by the 4th Quarter Game Defining Drive

ganesh

I was super impressed by the drive in the 4th quarter that ate the clock for 7:02 minutes...It basically put the game out of reach for Dallas.   The Bills have never had such a game defining drive in several years and usually they are all against the Bills when they were desperate to have the ball back.  Here is the play by play on the drive..

The drive started at the Bills OWN 6 yard line (after Dallas had turned it over downs). and they marched to Dallas 8.....It was a 14 Play drive and had ONE Incomplete PASS and 3 runs for 0 or negative yards.   Allen converted 3  First  Downs including the sweet pass to Foster.   My Goodness!  This was gut wrenching for Dallas.  

1st and 10 at BUF   6, 16 Yard Run,     D.Singletary right end to BUF 22 for 16 yards (J.Smith).

1st and 10 at BUF 22,  -2 Yard Run      D.Singletary right tackle to BUF 20 for -2 yards

2nd and 12 at BUF 20, 6 Yard Pass,    J. Allen pass shor left to J. Brown

3rd and 6 at BUF 26,   14 Yard Pass,   J. Allen short left to D. Singletary pushed OB at BUF 40

1st and 10 at BUF 40,  7 Yard Run,      R. Foster left end to BUF 47

2nd and 3  at BUF 47,   -1 Yard Run,    D. Singletary right guard to BUF 46

3rd and 4 at BUF 46,   20 Yard Pass,   J. Allen pass short right to R. Foster ran OB at DAL 34

1st and 10 at DAL 34,  6 Yard Run       J. Allen up the middle to DAL 28

2nd and 4  at DAL 28,   0 Yards            D. Singletary left tackle to DAL 28

3rd and 4  at DAL 28,   18 Yard PENALTY,  J. Allen pass incomplete deep left to D. Knox.  PI

1st and Goal at DAL 10, -4 Yard SACK,    J. Allen sacked at DAL 14

2nd and Goal at DAL 14,  6 Yard Run,   D. Singletary up the middle to DAL 8

3rd and Goal  at DAL 8,    Incomplete    J.  Allen pass incomplete short middle to D. Singletary

4th and Goal at DAL 8,    FIELD GOAL,   S. Hauschka 26 yard field goal is GOOD

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“Game Defining” Drive? It was manly, to be sure, but it would have taken an other-worldly effort by the ‘pokes to come back as they had already felt the game had gotten away from them, imo. But 4th Quarter Game Winning Drives -or at a minimum, forging a lead- are fast becoming a Josh Allen specialty. Yes, one man. Josh Allen. He’s the best explanation of ‘IT FACTOR’ we’ve ever seen. Kelly had numerous games early in his Bills career where we fell short late. 

One thing we can all agree on, we’re a Tough Out! 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

“Game Defining” Drive? It was manly, to be sure, but it would have taken an other-worldly effort by the ‘pokes to come back as they had already felt the game had gotten away from them, imo. But 4th Quarter Game Winning Drives -or at a minimum, forging a lead- are fast becoming a Josh Allen specialty. Yes, one man. Josh Allen. He’s the best explanation of ‘IT FACTOR’ we’ve ever seen. Kelly had numerous games early in his Bills career where we fell short late. 

Think about it.  We were on our 6 yard line. If we had a 3-and-out, there is still 14 minutes in the quarter and a bad punt would land in mid-field.  The Cowboys with their quick strike offense could have easily scored right there to make up for the 4th down loss.  Then it is only a 10 point game...We literally knocked them out of the game!

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I remember a great one by Reich at home against the Chris Everett lead Rams on a Monday night in the last 2 minutes.

My buddy is a Rams fan and when they got the lead and time was left he turned to me and said "its not over"

I immediately stood up and starting yelling Lets Go Bills and soon the whole section was up cheering during the TV time out.

Reich  then took the Team down on a game winning drive.

I am wrong….it was Frank Reich

Edited by JMF2006
It was Frank Reich

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Think about it.  We were on our 6 yard line. If we had a 3-and-out, there is still 14 minutes in the quarter and a bad punt would land in mid-field.  The Cowboys with their quick strike offense could have easily scored right there to make up for the 4th down loss.  Then it is only a 10 point game...We literally knocked them out of the game!

eh, ‘If/Then, If/Then.. IF we convert two 1st downs there -and starting from our goal line didn’t stop us at any time previously in the game- then we punt to inside their 20 with less than 9 minutes to play.

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I remember a great one by Kelly at home against the Chris Everett lead Rams on a Monday night in the last 2 minutes.

My buddy is a Rams fan and when they got the lead and time was left he turned to me and said "its not over"

I immediately stood up and starting yelling Lets Go Bills and soon the whole section was up cheering during the TV time out.

Kelly then took the Team down on a game winning drive.

That was Reich. 1989

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I remember a great one by Kelly at home against the Chris Everett lead Rams on a Monday night in the last 2 minutes.

Kelly then took the Team down on a game winning drive.

I remember that too, though it was Reich. There were also numerous games vs Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Buccaneers, etc. in his 1st few years where losses were snatched from the jaws of victory via interceptions or incompletions. And he’d already had a couple years in the USFL.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Yes I just googled it

I was pretty drunk that night ;) 

Ha ha. Me too. I watched it at a bar in Baltimore. I was wearing my Bills boxers. When they won, I jumped up on a table and dropped my jeans and started dancing around in my underwear. Not a pretty sight, I'm sure. I will now take the opportunity to apologize to anyone who was there. But it was true love, and has stayed so to this day. What can you do?

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, TPS said:

Three 3rd down conversions. As has been documented here, Allen (and company) thrive on third downs, no matter the distance!

love this team.

yes its seems like over the last 20 years the two things that would always happen to the Bills is when the game was on the line they would 1) totally flub a third and long or  2) give up a third and long (even > 25yds) to allow the other team to score the winning TD or FG.

Hope this change is permanent

Edited by entropyrules

Our ability to sustain drives is impressive. A lot of that has to do with JA ability to convert on 3rd down, especially 3rd and long.

I truly believed the game was over when the Cowboys missed the FG just before halftime. That team is so mismanaged I would be losing my mind. Garrett reminds me of Marrone, who had his flunky running the offense. how does Zeke get less than a handful of carries in the 2nd half. But that is none of my business.