Roll call for officiating conspiracy believers

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong and that I drone on about a few topics - turnovers, replay challenges for all plays, and how bad Murphy is come to mind.  

I would like folks on this board to admit if they really believe the officiating of games is fixed or even influenced by certain owners and teams.  Complaints about the officiating is one of the most annoying things about this board and in particular the in-game thread. 

My hunch is most of it is just frustration but I'm also a bit scared to see how many people actually think the fix is in.

I think better teams and better players will get the benefit of the doubt a few times a game. But I also think that is no different in any sport. I also think the officials make amazing spots and calls in full speed real time the vast majority of the time. They also miss things, but not to the benefit or detriment to any specific teams. 

I think in a way you believe that there is inherent bias ... the ref has teams they like.. or the ref gives the benefit of the doubt to certain teams or certain players. If it happens just 2 plays in a game when the other team is on offense  if they ran 50 plays that means 4% of the possible plays on offense were slides to the favored team .. that is significant 

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

If you can't see a Pats bias at least then you are a %#$@!/& Moron...

Whenever a team is having its way on O or D on them then out comes a flag for some phantom call and you get labeled a conspiracy nut. Why does it happen every game if not every drive with them?

You didn't see the refs trying to keep the Girls in the game last night??

Even Romo was like nah I'm not seeing none of this nonsense....

Opposite also applies... why is Hughes getting curb stomped every play by the entire O-line of every team on every play NEVER called since he spoke his mind to that b!+(# @$$ ref? 

Why is Josh Allen getting his head smashed in with his own helmet and having tag team wrestling finishers performed after every play not called but Brady gets his pocket collapsed and it's an automatic 15 yards?

You’re dumb. What possible reason could

they have to have a Patriots bias. They aren’t a massive media market. If they’d want big name teams to do well then why do the Jets And Giants suck so bad. Why have the Cowboys not won a championship since the 90s. Why is Kansas City in the lead of the AFC West when you have the number 2 media market Chargers from LA sucking. Why’d they let the Rams lose to the Patriots last year.  It could possibly be because you know the Patriots have the best coach and best quarterback of all time. Refs screw up just like regular people do at their jobs. But it’s not some damn conspiracy. The Patriots were dog ***** till the last 20 years. I wonder why maybe it ya something to do with the players and the coach. Not some government nfl conspiracy. Get off the bottle and get into reality. 

But you’re right so much conspiracy. That’s why the Dodgers and the Yankees met in the World Series this year and not the Astros and Nationals. Give me a break. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I ever convinced myself it was widespread, I'd stop watching football.  It's why I stopped watching boxing.  And I LOVED boxing.  I hope it never gets to that point.

Strong call. Boxing was must see TV for me - up until it became blatantly obvious it was fixed.

The fact that we have an ex-ref as part of every broadcast team is a sad indictment of the current state.

I think the biggest problem with NFL officiating is inconsistency. Which could be either incompetence or the 'fix is in'.

Either way, it's made the sport tougher to watch.

------

But games like yesterday and 9-3 starts make NFL officiating much more palatable!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

they have to have a Patriots bias. They aren’t a massive media market. If they’d want big name teams to do well then why do the Jets And Giants suck so bad. Why have the Cowboys not won a championship since the 90s. Why is Kansas City in the lead of the AFC West when you have the number 2 media market Chargers from LA sucking. Why’d they let the Rams lose to the Patriots last year.  It could possibly be because you know the Patriots have the best coach and best quarterback of all time. Refs screw up just like regular people do at their jobs. But it’s not some damn conspiracy. The Patriots were dog ***** till the last 20 years. I wonder why maybe it ya something to do with the players and the coach. Not some government nfl conspiracy. Get off the bottle and get into reality. 

But you’re right so much conspiracy. That’s why the Dodgers and the Yankees met in the World Series this year and not the Astros and Nationals. Give me a break. 

Calling someone dumb isn't nice.

And the rest of your post makes no sense.  You think Boston isn't a massive media market?  How about number 9 out of 210.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't remember the last time the refs called a hold against the tackle blocking Hughes. They have something against him.

Dak made along throw yesterday with Huges barreling in off the right edge right into the camera on Dak with the tackle clearly having straight arm all over his neck holding him.

not one mention of it by anyone.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Calling someone dumb isn't nice.

And the rest of your post makes no sense.  You think Boston isn't a massive media market?  How about number 9 out of 210.

Cool so they’re 9 and why have the jets been a dumpster fire in a bigger market. Why has Dallas not been good in 3 decades. LA has two teams yet they’re not in the playoff race. Dumb dumb dumb. Fanatics with their idiotic takes. Because something bad happened in a game with human officials. Stop blaming refs. The bills are 9-3 is it because the refs were paid or is it cause they’re good. Get over yourself. 

Not trying to claim conspiracy, fixing, or the like - but you have to admit something is wrong with the “they just warned us” line. I get if they missed it in real time (giving them all the benefit of the doubt there) and realized later they should’ve called it, but to me this falls right in line with what was said to Newton. Again, not conspiratorial, but it raises some flags that they didn’t throw theirs on that play...

Watch The Last Boy Scout. The whole movie was about Jerry Jones paying off the senators to allow for legalized gambling... He may have been crying after the game but I bet it was tears of joy because he won a bunch of money betting against his own team.

Edited by TuelTime

1 hour ago, kbarrettb said:

I didn't say there was a conspiracy Mr. Kraft....just that you and Tom Brady suck the refs off

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

In yesterday's game, I wondered how many times a bad call would negate a positive play for the Bills. I can't remember the play exactly, but it went for positive yards and Nance said there was a flag, and immediately I couldn't help but think really? Turns out there wasn't one. If winning teams get calls in their favor, then maybe the Bills are due for some here soon. Given the upcoming tough schedule, it'd sure be the right time for it

How about the PI call on the throw to Knox?

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Take a look at the Patriots’ record against the spread since 2003. It’s so far beyond the standard deviation as to be ridiculous.

The NFL generates about $15B in revenue. The sports betting industry in the US has a $75B market cap. You can literally beat Vegas by betting Patriots to cover every game since 2003.

Why woudl Vegas make it easier to win?  They don't want to make it easier to win a bet.  Not sure what your point is?

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How about the PI call on the throw to Knox?

Why woudl Vegas make it easier to win?  They don't want to make it easier to win a bet.  Not sure what your point is?

Vegas wants the juice, it’s the sharps making the market. They’re the ones who stand to gain. The books don’t have incentive, they make their money regardless.

I don't think they are fixing games, but I think they are "shaping" games.

Teams like the Cowboys and Patriots get some shaping, in my opinion, but I think it's more like "hey guys, look for headhunting on Tom Brady. We want to discourage that" than "try to give the Patriots a lot of crucial calls".

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I didn't say there was a conspiracy Mr. Kraft....just that you and Tom Brady suck the refs off

Yes I’m Mr Kraft. I can’t stand the Patriots. I’ve been a Bills fan in California since I was 8. But this nonsensical conspiracy theory the refs are rigging it has got to stop. There is no conspiracy. There is no Buffalo is a small market so let’s treat them ***** stuff going on. Green Bay’s in the middle of no where Wisconsin and they get play everywhere. If the Bills weren’t a laughing stock for 18 years they’d get more play simple as that. Kansas City is in no where town and Maholmes is talked about as the second coming. If your talented the media will find you. Mike Trout plays in Anaheim and he’s won 3 MVPs. If the Angels were better he’d have even more but they’ve sucked since he’s been there. Be better. The Bills are better now. Hopefully it continues. Stop having a baby mentality and stop blaming it on the refs. Let’s go Bills end of rant. 

There are entire too many blatantly wrong calls made every week.  Either the refs are being told to or allowed to influence games OR the league is completely inept and unable to solve the problem.   But you cannot repeatedly make absolutely wrong calls like tripping when it clearly was not happening without some sort of intent.