Bills vs Cowboys most watched Thanksgiving game in 27 Years

BigDingus

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

And most watched non-Super Bowl game on any network period the past 3 years.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/buffalo-bills-dallas-cowboys-thanksgiving-day-game-most-watched-27-years-cbs-sports-1202797442/

32.538 million viewers on average, with a peak of 35.453 million viewers. It was also the most watched TV program, sports or otherwise, since the Super Bowl in February. That's pretty incredible.

Makes me curious as to why THIS specific game had such huge interest. Maybe a lot of closet Bills fans decided to check in & see if we were legit? Is the bandwagon about to get going again? Time will tell!

You dont realize how many Bills fans there actually are. Also I know a lot of my friends were so excited to watch the Bills b/c they know what me as a fan has been through so you get friends of Bills fans rooting against the Boys also.

Now I also think that without a new Stadium. The NFL will not be giving Bills a lot of Primetime. With the Stadium issue being held over the Pegulas and Bills heads. 

also I think the perception of the Bills Fan Antics hurts them and their ability to secure Primetime Games as wel

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now I also think that without a new Stadium. The NFL will not be giving Bills a lot of Primetime. With the Stadium issue being held over the Pegulas and Bills heads. 

also I think the perception of the Bills Fan Antics hurts them and their ability to secure Primetime Games as wel

Who gives a ***** about prime time, just give me wins.

Just FYI Bills antics are no worse than fans at most stadiums so your ***** logic there didnt work.

Edited by Boca BIlls

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hope 'ol Leon Lett was watchin'.........payback time....:thumbsup:

He is the assistant defensive line coach for Dallass Cowpokes.

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

It spiked at over 35m between 7pm and 7 :30pm

Never mind fat old Leon....how about that cheerleader they invited into the booth?

Emmitt Smith cheering House Moneys miss.  Looked good on him that the Girls missed 2 FG's later :)

Karma ;)

He visited the team before game in case you did not know.

I think he gave acting lessons on how do milk an injury when team needed a break.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I think Buffalo being several games above .500 (with no real household names on its roster) after being the source of ridicule for so long made them a curiosity to people, couple that with the fact that they were going up against America's Team, and that may explain the high ratings.

So what are you saying, people love public executions....But this time the condemned turned the tables on the executioner?

Most people tuned in right before game ended.  From 7pm and beyond.  That is awesome from Bills standpoint.  "QUICK! David's kicking Goliath's azzz! Tune in... Watch David pummel Goliath!"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He is the assistant defensive line coach for Dallass Cowpokes.

He visited the team before game in case you did not know.

I think he gave acting lessons on how do milk an injury when team needed a break.

....good....first hand pain payback...........

15 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

Entertaining for us. Everyone in that game knew the Bills were beating the crap out of the Cowboys. The Bills controlled the game and dictated what they wanted to do. They wanted it more. 

Good post. The funny thing is, is that for a game that many picked the Bills to lose, it was one of the more dominating Bills wins this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

I remember a couple years back the Bills v Seahawks was on MNF.

it drew horrible ratings. Anyone remember that one? 

a good prime time games takes more than just the Bills

If the Bills turn into a dynamic winning team and Josh Allen is the real deal, they will be a significant draw. The Bills of a few years back were not that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:28 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

It's one of the main reasons contrary to many Bills fans' paranoia, the NFL loves Buffalo and we were never in danger of losing the Bills. Bills fans are fans for life and when they move, they are the ones that buy the Season Ticket and merch and filll sports bars that sell Budweiser. The NFL loves that.

Guilty. Mmmm. Budweiser.

I just saw a story on Total Access Live talking about the high rating for our game and gave 100% of the credit to the Cowboys. They talked about the Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett drama being the reason everyone tuned in.  

I am convinced the Bills drew everyone’s attention, especially once we started winning.