the gamesmanship within the gamesmanship

Golden*Wheels

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, you know, that's B.S.

I'm with Micah Hyde.  I'm done apologizing for being 9-3. 

When you're 9-3 and you win on the road on a short week in Dallas, you've earned the right to be called a good team.  Not a great team, not a team on track to a championship, not one of the top 3 teams in the league, perhaps, but a Good Team.

Period.

maybe your definition of a good team and his are different. Maybe he’s meaning a contender and good-ish might be darn near the same thing you are arguing.

Edited by NoSaint

31 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

maybe your definition of a good team and his are different. Maybe he’s meaning a contender and good-ish might be darn near the same thing you are arguing.

You are what your record says you are

I could be wrong, but I believe he refers to the Cowboys and Eagles and Packers and Vikes as "good teams"

15 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

From Bart Scott:

"The gamesmanship within the gamesmanship was early on, you talked about at half time, when McDermott took the time out and he showed a cover 0 blitz to see how they would respond to it. So now go back to  the fourth down against Zeke, they anticipated the all out blitz but he knew how the Dallas Cowboys were gonna respond to it. What do they do? They drop back in a zone and Zeke, even if he catches the ball, has three defenders right there. So once again it goes to situational football, it goes back to coaching, which tells you that Jason Garrett is not a great football coach Sean McDermott is a great football coach."

I remember Romo making a point of the timeout before the half as well. I gotta admit I thought he was kind of overblowing it but...hey!

FIFY.

as is to be expected i guess, the main stream pundits are all about what is wrong with the 'boys instead of having the proper discussion of, what is right with the Bills.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

FIFY.

as is to be expected i guess, the main stream pundits are all about what is wrong with the 'boys instead of having the proper discussion of, what is right with the Bills.

Ha! I thought the inverse was obvious but I getcha!

I really must say, when Tony brought it up at halftime....I was like come on Romo, this ain't 4d chess. Maybe it was 5 Ds!

• Like (+1) 1

While many of McD's coaching decisions are heavy handed (I think of the fake 4th & less than 5 plays where they line up but then call time out) I see the merit in "testing" the other team's coaching decisions.  Some coaches get "fatigued" when you're constantly making them choose the best play, timeout call, or challenge.  I firmly believe that Freddie Kitchens would have imploded if we would have forced their hand on the field more, but they got the best of us in that game.

Just like a play call from scrimmage, McD has a set of coaching rules that he follows.  Sometimes it doesn't mesh with the average fan's view at home, but it is his obligation to the team to be consistent and dare I say it, boring.