Cowboys starting lineman Connor Williams suffers season-ending torn ACL

HOUSE

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

63% to 93% is enough accuracy to not put a player back in the game. 

but end of day it sucks for him hate injuries to players 

You don’t know what you’re talking about and should stop.

63% sensitivity means that the test is positive in 63% of cases. That means that 37% of the time, the test is normal in a tear. So how is that enough accuracy?

Spoiler - it’s not.

Edited by BringBackOrton

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

63% sensitivity means that the test is positive in 63% of cases. That means that 37% of the time, the test is normal in a tear. So how is that enough accuracy?

Spoiler - it’s not.

No but if there is even thought of a tear or the fact that its a possibility you shouldnt put the player back in the game... that put his career in jeopardy. The correct course of action  is tonremove him from the game and wait on MRI. Playing one half of football isnt worth ruining a career

Edited by Kmart128

8 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Spoiler - it’s not.

it is enough for a guy limping around to not get put back in the football game 

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

No but if there is even thought of a tear or the fact that its a possibility you shouldnt put the player back in the game... that put his career in jeopardy. The correct course of action  is tonremove him from the game and wait on MRI. Playing one half of football isnt worth ruining a career

I mean, guys go back into games after getting looked at by trainers all the time. And with a negative test, he might not have even had a tear at first.

There may have been a thought that Cooper might have had a ligament problem, but he went back into the game and was fine. The players want to go back in.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

it is enough for a guy limping around to not get put back in the football game 

I’m sure Connor went in against his will, and didn’t beg the team medical staff to let him go back in, and DEFINITELY didn’t tell them that he’s fine.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I mean, guys go back into games after getting looked at by trainers all the time. And with a negative test, he might not have even had a tear at first.

There may have been a thought that Cooper might have had a ligament problem, but he went back into the game and was fine. The players want to go back in.

but he went back in the game. After an extended halftime. So can’t tell me that knee didn’t start to swell. It wasn’t like a couple plays (like Amari). It was after what more than 30 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I’m sure Connor went in against his will, and didn’t beg the team medical staff to let him go back in, and DEFINITELY didn’t tell them that he’s fine.

yes it is well known players want to play. Sometime the team Drs need to protect the player from themselves. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

but he went back in the game. After an extended halftime. So can’t tell me that knee didn’t start to swell. It wasn’t like a couple plays (like Amari). It was after what more than 30 minutes. 

Sure I can. He may have had a sprain that tore after he went back in. It may have not been swollen all that much.

There’s a reason doctors do MRI’s and don’t just eyeball ligament damage. As I’ve said over and over and over. You just can’t seem to understand that.

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Sure I can. He may have had a sprain that tore after he went back in. It may have not been swollen all that much.

There’s a reason doctors do MRI’s and don’t just eyeball ligament damage. As I’ve said over and over and over. You just can’t seem to understand that.

I can understand it. As I have torn mine a couple times. You know what happened with me when I sprained my knee and tried to go again team Drs would only clear me to go back in with a brace. 

so Williams Had a sprained knee. During a 30 plus minute halftime the Drs should have braced his knee at a minimum. 

it is Likely is was already torn because he went back in for one or two plays then came out again. Either way I don’t care just not a good look for Dallas Team Drs. Specially when players starting to come out and talk about the “care” by team Drs. 

Also Jerry’s Billion Dollar world likely has an internal MRI Machine. ***Edit***. Wow I am surprised that they don’t. And really surprised Bengals are only team that does.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2019/07/08/medical-marvels-bengals-are-lone-nfl-team-with-an-mri-at-their-stadium/amp/

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I can understand it. As I have torn mine a couple times. You know what happened with me when I sprained my knee and tried to go again team Drs would only clear me to go back in with a brace. 

so Williams Had a sprained knee. During a 30 plus minute halftime the Drs should have braced his knee at a minimum. 

it is Likely is was already torn because he went back in for one or two plays then came out again. Either way I don’t care just not a good look for Dallas Team Drs. Specially when players starting to come out and talk about the “care” by team Drs. 

Also Jerry’s Billion Dollar world likely has an internal MRI Machine. 

Like I said, the player needs to take personal responsibility for wanting to go back into the game. That’s 100% on them and no one else.

They almost certainly don’t have radiology tech’s working at Jerry Workd on thanksgiving. This is just more inanity.

Edited by BringBackOrton

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Like I said, the player needs to take personal responsibility for wanting to go back into the game. That’s 100% on them and no one else.

I don’t agree. Warriors are Warriors. 

Players get hurt they feel they are letting their Brothers down. Just like when Soldiers get hurt. They will put their body on the line for their Brothers. Just like Soldiers. 

at some point the Medical Staff employed by team also has to look out for players and protect them from themselves just as much as they have to ensure “deployability” (military) or availability for the team.