Cowboys starting lineman Connor Williams suffers season-ending torn ACL

HOUSE

The Dallas Cowboys (6-6) suffered a 26-15 defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills Thanksgiving Day. The loss has gotten even bigger in the aftermath as starting left guard Connor Williams suffered a season-ending torn ACL, according to CBS Sports' Patrik Walker.  The second year lineman suffered the injury during the second quarter of Thursday's game. He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Xavier Su'a-Filo, who was the No. 33 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-starting-lineman-connor-williams-suffers-season-ending-torn-acl/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Damn, and he went back out there.   How do doctors not catch that and shut him down?

I don't know I will say the guy they put in for him was noticeably worse, so at best I'd say it was combination of everyone wanting him to go back in himself included.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Bummer. I was hoping it wasn't serious when he limped off the field.

Absolutely. As much as I am glad to see us beat them handedly, I don't want players to get hurt and possibly have their careers affected.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Dallas Cowboys (6-6) suffered a 26-15 defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills Thanksgiving Day. The loss has gotten even bigger in the aftermath as starting left guard Connor Williams suffered a season-ending torn ACL, according to CBS Sports' Patrik Walker.  The second year lineman suffered the injury during the second quarter of Thursday's game. He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Xavier Su'a-Filo, who was the No. 33 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-starting-lineman-connor-williams-suffers-season-ending-torn-acl/

yeah and to think they trotted him back out there at one point. 

I feel bad for the kid. I hope he has a full recovery.

I also know Cooper was limping on/off the field. I hope for Dallas's sake he is ok.

One thing about the game yesterday, I am glad we didn't suffer any major injuries.

That is always a concern when games are played so close together.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

That sucks. His replacement did not do very well. 

No he didn't. Sua-Filo who was drafted by the Texans out of UCLA in round 2 of 2014. It was my first year trying to evaluate draft prospects. I didn't know much then.... some might say I still don't..... but I knew he sucked. 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Found Dr Google!

Thanks.

For a game where trauma is inflected on each play, I’m sure these trainers can access an ACL in their sleep. Obviously, some slip by. It’s not a perfect maneuver. Besides, anyone relying solely on a Lachman should have any license they have stripped. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

For a game where trauma is inflected on each play, I’m sure these trainers can access an ACL in their sleep. Obviously, some slip by. It’s not a perfect maneuver. Besides, anyone relying solely on a Lachman should have any license they have stripped. 

There’s a reason they don’t do a Lachman and then just operate. 

Edited by BringBackOrton