Do the "look at me" actions of Shaq and Oliver bother you?

PUNT750

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Anyone who said yes better not have said one bad thing about the Cowboys after the game.  No how bout them Cowboys, nothing.  Shouldnt be holding people to higher standards than you do yourself.

I see nothing wrong with holding a professional to a higher standard in public than you hold yourself around family and friends. 

With that said, I'm all for trash talk AS LONG AS YOU CAN BACK IT UP.

The thing about trash talk is it writes a check you have to keep cashing. After all that trash talk our team did, we HAVE to show up for every game. Do we necessarily have to beat the Ravens? No, but we BETTER be competitive and make a game of it. 

I'm hoping this makes every player go even harder in every aspect including preparation and especially on the field. If we are gonna talk it we have to be it. Not just against the .500 and worse teams which at the end of the day, the Cowboys are.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I know we haven’t been here before, but act like it. 

You’ve added things that the OP didn’t mention. I don’t mind the DL pounding their chest and walking down field 10 yards after a big play (which is what I think the OP was referencing) but waving goodbye and the Tre mocking Dak’s dance step over the line from having fun to rubbing it in. I agree with you there.

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I know we haven’t been here before, but act like it. 

apologies if this has already been addressed but i didn't read the whole thread.

to be fair here, i don't know that the heckling on the sidelines from the fans didn't contribute to what we saw. if we were to use the recent past as a guide, we really haven't seen this type of thing from our guys. which would then tend to tell me and i suspect it is the case, that perhaps their fans were being somewhat obnoxious towards our team. if you dish it out, you had better be ready to take it.

Edited by Foxx

17 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

I think you need to turn down the suck and turn up the good.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most players on even winning teams celebrate plays ,sacks and wins

They take endzone pictures at away stadiums after scoring defensive touchdowns and wave goodbye to losing crowds all the time

It's still entertainment...

If Shaq dances because of a sack and we are down 35-3 I'd say what the hell you dancing about... Not winning at Jerry's world on national television

i know this was 10 pages ago but.. i think Virgil was referencing sideline antics and not specifically those of after play celebrations.

Such reactions are so commonplace in football that I don't pay much attention.  Overall, the players on the Bills have an overwhelmingly "team first" perspective.  I can live with a little "look at me" behavior. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll add my "grumpy old man" point of view. I prefer that players simply walk back to their teammates after a good/great play. My favorite is when someone acts like they've been there before. However, does it "bother me?" No, it wasn't out of line or obscene and I do not demand that others think like me. 

Dear Lawson and Philips, kick butt next week and have fun after the play next week.

• Like (+1) 4

My simple rules for When Not to Celebrate.

1. Don't do it when you're team is way behind. You have to be winning, or it has to be one of those potential turning point sacks.

2. Don't do it when YOU didn't do anything special. Shaq going unblocked against Denver and picking up a sack was one of those instances. He celebrated as if he had just beaten a double team with an amazing spin move, but he really just ran in a straight line into the QB who didn't even have a chance.

3. Other than that, as long as it's not taunting (as in "mocking the other team" rather than celebrating your team's accomplishment): have fun out there!

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s amazing to me how much that part of the game has changed. Yes, I’m an old-timer and love watching videos of games from the AFL onwards. Even the biggest game-changing plays didn’t have exuberant celebrations. Maybe a hand slap as they left the field.. Today, a tackle for a loss of 1 yard for the team trailing by 40 points will spur numerous chest bumps, dances & antics. 

I’m guessing fans like that. I don’t. But I’m old..

I'm old too...I remember the AFL games...players went to huddle after a play. It's ridiculous now

• Thank you (+1) 1

Quite frankly, it's about time the Bills started playing with a little swagger.

When you break it down further, you're singling out PASS RUSHERS. I want my pass rushers getting excited, doing whatever it takes to keep the energy flowing.

Zero issues whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1