Do the "look at me" actions of Shaq and Oliver bother you?

PUNT750

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If running off by yourself after a sack and beating your chest is not “look at me”. Behavior, what is it?

I guess to me, “look at me” behavior is drawing attention to yourself off of the field, like Antonio Brown and Jalen Ramsey, not celebrating after a good play on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Fans can do as they please, they can't be controlled, so to argue about what fans do would really be stupid. Almost as stupid as comparing the actions of fans to the actions of players -- almost, but not quite. 

A different era? Professionalism and class have nothing to do with the year you were born LOL. I am 34 years old, what are you trying to say that wanting the players to win with class and behave with professionalism is a boomer mentality? 

FFS your argument is going from dumb to dumber.

show me where they were not Professional.  Caveat that just about EVERY player does the same in this League. So is it Not Professional showing emotion and having fun?  Is it classless having fun?

13 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

it happens after every play...make a tackle....make a 1st down.....make a catch.... defend a pass....

Oliver was doing his thing last week after he touched the QB - but the sack was clearly Lotulelei's.   Thought that was odd.

I find myself being a little embarrassed for Shaq.  He needs a choreographer or at the least, a few trips to an Arthur Murray dance studio.

11 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I think what the poster is saying is that you TELL PEOPLE THEY SUCK by kicking their butt on the football field and leaving no doubt. Not talking personal smack about the individual players after the game is over and won.  

Being humble in victory is a sign of dominance and of true strength. It is not a sign of weakness as some other posters have suggested. Just like how the patriots are always praising their opponents both before and after the game. But our boys need to learn how to win, just like everything else. They are not used to it, there will be growing pains. 

I have no doubt if it gets out of hand McD will reign it in.

I guess that we just disagree. If you dominate and talk trash, as the Bills did, you were dominant. If the Bills were humble after that game they were no less dominant. When they were mocking Dak and Zeke it didn’t impact what happened on the field.  

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You’re not getting it then.  You want to make the the team feel bad, act like you can take them down anytime you want.  That’s what we were taught back in the day.

Again I understand things have changed to where it’s not making the other team feel bad but to draw attention to yourself by such actions.  Don’t care who does it, Bills players or not.  It doesn’t work for me.  And for those saying accept it and enjoy the game?  The game is called football, not acting.

It’s not drawing Attention to yourself, it’s drawing attention to us!! They were saying, “hey world, keep doubting us!!” They were running off the field talking *** to the cameras. This was their message to the world. You don’t win in football without an edge and swagger. The Bills have it now and McDermott embraces it. He knows how to get the most out of guys in 2019. We are forming an identity before our eyes. 

Yeah it bugs me - big issue with making a play then running AWAY from your teammates ..

There is a clip in the Belichick Football Life where he taunts his own players for not celebrating with their teammates - chastising them for thinking they were responsible for the whole play..

Shaq especially comes off as that selfish player.  Wish he'd just turn around and celebrate with the guys

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

it happens after every play...make a tackle....make a 1st down.....make a catch.... defend a pass....

It’s amazing to me how much that part of the game has changed. Yes, I’m an old-timer and love watching videos of games from the AFL onwards. Even the biggest game-changing plays didn’t have exuberant celebrations. Maybe a hand slap as they left the field.. Today, a tackle for a loss of 1 yard for the team trailing by 40 points will spur numerous chest bumps, dances & antics. 

I’m guessing fans like that. I don’t. But I’m old..

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s not drawing Attention to yourself, it’s drawing attention to us!! They were saying, “hey world, keep doubting us!!” They were running off the field talking *** to the cameras. This was their message to the world. You don’t win in football without an edge and swagger. The Bills have it now and McDermott embraces it. He knows how to get the most out of guys in 2019. We are forming an identity before our eyes. 

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.  You win football games by beating the guy in front of you.  Edge means having the edge physically, play calling, etc.  Swagger is knowing you can do it.  Running around after a play isn’t swagger; it’s just childish.  

Yes, I’m old fashioned.  Yes, you can get off my lawn.  Yes, I understand things have changed and this is what is acceptable these days.  And yes we can have a different opinion.  I respect yours, I hope you can return the favor.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It doesn’t matter how much the players are talking as long as the play on the field is also doing some talking.

• Like (+1) 1