Do the "look at me" actions of Shaq and Oliver bother you?

PUNT750

Shaq loves to talk *****, been known for a while, he talks constantly during training camp.  Him and Cam would go back and forth during the joint practices.  As long as he backs it up with his effort and his play I got no problems with a little bit of vocality on that DL especially.  Phillips and Shaq bring that dog energy

I don't think Oliver is much like that, he just gets pumped when he makes a play. 

It’s just preferences here.  Some like the celebration stuff, some like me don’t.  It’s like arguing about the Anchor Bar vs. Duff’s.   We all realize our opinions aren’t going to change what happens on the field.

Edited by oldmanfan

I would never feel too strongly about it, but I'd rather they celebrate with their teammates than individual stuff like that. These guys are schemed into a lot of these sacks, it's a full team effort. Oliver in particular will combine this stuff with instagram stories about how he actually should have been credited with more sacks than he was, and it's kind of a bad look. 

But out of 10, I care about this stuff at a level of, say, 2. Not very much as long as they don't take penalties

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I know we haven’t been here before, but act like it. 

I totally get this and normally would totally agree with this take. Howevah...they needed a dress rehearsal for the postgame festivities in Foxboro where I hope they ratchet up the obnoxious celebrations to defcon 4 on the we’ve-never-been-here-before scale:flirt:. Also, I’m still bitter about SBs XXVII, XXVIII, so I can’t muster too much pity for the Cowboys or their fans at the moment. :D

5 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

Meh.. Doesn't bug me 

Now the unsportsmanlike penalties that we see from time to time, that bothers me..

I’m okay with the celebrations, though I’m old school and prefer if they celebrate with their teammates. I wasn’t a huge fan of the mocking of Daks warmup moves or Zekes silly “ feed me” crap. Just makes  me think of Marv’s old chestnut “ when you win say little and when you lose say less. “  I know they’re young but it wasn’t the Super Bowl. 

They have struggled so its nice to seem them get excited, hopefully as they get better they wont act like its a big deal every time.

tell ya what i really hate is when someone makes a big play and half the team runs down to the Endzone for a photoshoot. Hey dummies the game isnt over get ready for the next play.

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, yes.  I didn’t like waiving goodbye to the Cowboys fans.  I didn’t like Tre dance-mocking Dak. I didn’t like the comments about saying Dak shouldn’t get paid. 

We’ve accomplished nothing yet and are coming off 20 years where we were always on the other side of things. 

I understand celebrating and having fun, but you can do it without disrespecting the other team and their fans. 

I agree 100%, the worst part is that this team is seeking respect by the media and the NFL throughout and when they win an important game they go and disrespect their peers. That's a no no. Win and go cheer with your family, friends and fans but never make fun of the guys you just defeated.

Leave that behaviour to the fans, the players should be more gratious in victory.

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

Here is the GIF for anyone who wants it:

yoAJn6.gif

not cool

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

You love participation trophies.

12 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

why are all your threads clumsy attempts to provoke fans? That’s the better question. The fact you’re still around is a little surprising.