Do the "look at me" actions of Shaq and Oliver bother you?

PUNT750

1 minute ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

And look at how that ended up 

4 straight SB and HOF jackets. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Thats like, your opinion man. And you're welcome to have it. Doesn't mean it's right, or a barometer for how "most others" feel. 

There is a fine line between being classless and being competitive. Good spirited competitive celebration should be applauded and supported. Acting like trash and cocky/arrogant isn't exactly what the bills were going for when they rebuilt this team as stated time and time again so I don't really understand your position in trying to defend "any and all actions" outside of the game as "Totally fine".  

I'm not saying explicitly that they have done anything wrong at this point, but I bet the coaching staff is mindful of it.

and it Continues. Hmmm seems McD is fine with it too

Just now, MAJBobby said:

seems those thinking these are classless are in the minority 

I certainly have no problems with it. They haven’t crossed over to trash talking in the media during the week or dancing during a blowout loss. ?‍♂️  They should have fun. They’re getting paid to play a game.... I hope they enjoy it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

seems those thinking these are classless are in the minority 

I'm pretty sure that almost everyone agrees with the phrase "It's not about winning or losing, it's about how you play the game."  Nobody likes a showboating ass clown, a cheater, or a sore loser. 

Things matter. To suggest "none of it matters" is really just out there... 

I'm not saying the bills players the OP referenced are any of those things, I am saying it's crazy to think people arn't "mindful of it".

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

I'm pretty sure that almost everyone agrees with the phrase "It's not about winning or losing, it's about how you play the game."  Nobody likes a showboating ass clown, a cheater, or a sore loser. 

Things matter. To suggest "none of it matters" is really just out there... 

I'm not saying the bills players the OP referenced are any of those things, I am saying it's crazy to think people arn't "mindful of it".

If it matters why are they 9-3?  Ooo yeah It doesn’t matter as long as their play backs it up. And it is

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4 straight SB and HOF jackets. 

and it Continues. Hmmm seems McD is fine with it too

I've just noticed this trend developing recently with our team, so I don't think you can say "yet it continues, guess McD is fine with it", it's a developing situation that I am sure at some point McD will have to handle.

Edited by BillsFan692

4 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I've just noticed this trend developing recently with our team, so I don't think you can say "yet it continues, guess McD is fine with it", it's a developing situation that I am sure at some point McD will have to handle.

these celebrations and mocking has been going on all season. Why are you just now noticing it???  Ooo because they are finally showing Bills on Sidelines. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

these celebrations and mocking has been going on all season. Why are you just now noticing it???  Ooo because they are finally showing Bills on Sidelines. 

There is nothing wrong with celebrating after a big play, there isn't any reason the players can't celebrate.  I haven't seen anything wrong with any of Ed Oliver's celebrations. 

Just in case you forgot your position in this argument is that "NONE OF IT MATTERS": Taking shots at the fans/or personal shots at other players on the opposing team... well that's just trashy *****, sure some players do that around the league, doesn't mean everyone has to be okay with it, or that everyone is okay with it. Certainly doesn't mean "NONE OF IT MATTERS". To some, it matters quite a lot.  Our coaching staff and GM in particular put a great value on how the players conduct themselves both on the field and off.

Again, there are famous quotes like "It's not about winning or losing, but how you play the game" for a reason. But this is probably the most pertinent one, since obviously this stuff does matter: "Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." Wise words that echo through the decades because apparently this stuff matters after all. 

I just chalk it up like everything else: The Bills are learning how to win. There will be growing pains!

Edited by BillsFan692

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

There is nothing wrong with celebrating after a big play, there isn't any reason the players can't celebrate.  I haven't seen anything wrong with any of Ed Oliver's celebrations. 

Just in case you forgot your position in this argument is that "NONE OF IT MATTERS": Taking shots at the fans/or personal shots at other players on the opposing team... well that's just trashy *****, sure some players do that around the league, doesn't mean everyone has to be okay with it, or that everyone is okay with it. Certainly doesn't mean "NONE OF IT MATTERS". To some, it matters quite a lot. 

Again, there are famous quotes like "It's not about winning or losing, but how you play the game" for a reason. But this is probably the most pertinent one, since obviously this stuff does matter: "Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." Wise words that echo through the decades because apparently this stuff matters after all. 

does any of those quotes change a scoreboard?  A win or loss column?  A trophy case?  

once you can show me it does I will agree it matters. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

does any of those quotes change a scoreboard?  A win or loss column?  A trophy case?  

once you can show me it does I will agree it matters. 

and the meek shall inherit the Earth....after the bold whip every one else's behind and make it safe for the meek to poke their heads outside.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

main question. Are these celebrations hurting the team with penalties?  If the answer is NO you have nothing to complain about 

Call me old (again) or crazy to want my athletes to act in a way I’d want my kid to act on the field.  You can celebrate, have fun, get hyped, and whatever else passionately without being disrespectful.  

But again, I’m old and frail so...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Call me old (again) or crazy to want my athletes to act in a way I’d want my kid to act on the field.  You can celebrate, have fun, get hyped, and whatever else passionately without being disrespectful.  

At least this time you didn't post a novel -- Just joshin' ya;)

Edited by BillsFan692

36 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I disagree... ***** the Cowboys. 

You do make a compelling argument ?

If it were against the Pats, I’d probably support them dragging Brady around the stadium Achilles style 

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

At least this time you didn't post a novel -- Just joshin' ya;)

Are you challenging me?!

I’ll add chapters to the next thoughts.  It’ll get real.  ?

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

what is disrespectful about waiving to a fan base that declared themselves America’s Team?  What is disrespectful waiving bye to a fan base that called you frauds all week?

all this from a fan base that loves throwing Dildos on the field?  Loves throwing people thru tables?  Gets so drunk they don’t remember the game

Edited by MAJBobby

2 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

It's great these 2 defensive lineman are making big  plays and helping the TEAM win.  Personally, I don't feel the look-at-me celebrations flatter either of them. 

go home. You’re still drunk from last night 

Just now, Virgil said:

These aren’t kids though. These are grown men; this is their job. This isn’t a game to them. This is their livelihood. This is how they feed their family. They put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into it. I have no issue with the emotion. 

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

and the meek shall inherit the Earth....after the bold whip every one else's behind and make it safe for the meek to poke their heads outside.

what is funny to me is this disrespect talk coming from fans that love that we toss people thru tables and toss dildos on the field.