Eagles sign RT Lane Johnson to record 4yr $72M deal

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

That’s a whole lot of money for a RT.

A whole lot.

More than I would ever pay.

That's a whole lot of money for any player, the contracts are getting a bit ridiculous ...

That's about $800k per game not bad,  or $13k per minute in a 60 minute game .  ?

22 minutes ago, T master said:

That's a whole lot of money for any player, the contracts are getting a bit ridiculous ...

That's about $800k per game not bad,  or $13k per minute in a 60 minute game .  ?

You can’t just count the game itself. These guys train year round and suffer ACL tears, broken bones, torn ligaments, concussions and CTE. Never forget Aaron Williams and Kevin Everett whose every day life will never be the same. I’ve seen Anthony Hargrove fold Johnny Knox in half like a lawn chair. How do you think Ryan Shazier’s life will be from here on out? The players sell the jerseys and fill the seats. They make these owners billionaires.

6 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

You can’t just count the game itself. These guys train year round and suffer ACL tears, broken bones, torn ligaments, concussions and CTE. Never forget Aaron Williams and Kevin Everett whose every day life will never be the same. I’ve seen Anthony Hargrove fold Johnny Knox in half like a lawn chair. How do you think Ryan Shazier’s life will be from here on out? The players sell the jerseys and fill the seats. They make these owners billionaires.

The owners were billionaires before buying the teams.  Players for sure earn what they make.  But you are teetering on playing the Keapernick here.  But maybe that is what you want.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

That’s a whole lot of money for a RT.

A whole lot.

More than I would ever pay.

Both tackles are super important in today's game. It's not the old cliche of a blindside blocker and a Mauler on the right

The best pass rushers line up over the RT and LT and swap all game

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Both tackles are super important in today's game. It's not the old cliche of a blindside blocker and a Mauler on the right

The best pass rushers line up over the RT and LT and swap all game

My point still stands.