Every Cole Beasley catch vs. the Cowboys

Real McClappy

On 11/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, Shaw66 said:

He threw just like that last season.   He didn't just learn how to do it.   He just didn't throw those passes very often.  What the coaches did was get him to focus on getting the high percentage shorter throw.   

I agree with this. He was solid on "stick throws" as a rookie. They didn't go to these plays nearly enough nor did they have the right personnel. 

Where there has been improvement is ball placement on the very short throws. He's not where he needs to be, but it's getting better.

An NFL player whose around my height and weight will automatically get love from me unless they are a serial rapist/killer or just a bad individual.

When I heard the Bills got Cole in the off-season I kinda thought aaah maybe a nice complementary player?   But this guy has been awesome this year 

On 11/29/2019 at 2:01 PM, Real McCoy said:

Figured I share, mods delete if already out there.

The first throw from our EZ by Allen was simply amazing.  I must have watched it like 10 times in a row now. 

Is it possible we finish the year with TWO 1000 yard WR's? It's going to be close. 

4 games remain:

Brown - 882 yards

Cole - 635 yards

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fplayer-highlights%2F0ap3000001081659%2FEvery-Cole-Beasley-catch-vs-former-team-Week-13

Beasley is quietly having a very good year in Buffalo and is approaching career highs both for receptions and yards. I don’t think he’ll top 1,000 yards but man it would be awesome.

Don’t quote me on this, but I believe if it happens  this would be the first time 2 Bills WR’s have topped 1,000 since Peerless Price and Eric Moulds in 2002. 

Edited by Phil The Thrill

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I agree with this. He was solid on "stick throws" as a rookie. They didn't go to these plays nearly enough nor did they have the right personnel. 

Where there has been improvement is ball placement on the very short throws. He's not where he needs to be, but it's getting better.

Agreed.  

All of those phrases applied to young QBs apply to Allen.   The game is slowing down for him.   He understands better what's happening, so he decides to go to the outlet guy more a split second quicker, so he doesn't rush the throw and therefore he throws accurately.  One or two of those plays where he stood completely flat-footed in the pocket, looking downfield, amazed me.  He knew he had time, so he just relaxed and watch the pattern unfold.  When the time came to move, he moved.  When the time came to throw, he threw.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Agreed.  

All of those phrases applied to young QBs apply to Allen.   The game is slowing down for him.   He understands better what's happening, so he decides to go to the outlet guy more a split second quicker, so he doesn't rush the throw and therefore he throws accurately.  One or two of those plays where he stood completely flat-footed in the pocket, looking downfield, amazed me.  He knew he had time, so he just relaxed and watch the pattern unfold.  When the time came to move, he moved.  When the time came to throw, he threw.  

Just looked like a QB who was super poised and didn't fear any pressure 

I thought it was very impressive how calm he was