Good Stuff! Riddick and Stephen A. Giving Props

billsbackto81

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

This gets me fired up, but I'm nervous about Ravens and their unique style of play. You can't emulate that in practice and you just hope that you get out to early lead & force Jackson to pass more. He is much better at passing when there is the threat of running. He is a real weapon.

Make them abandon the Run. Our weakness is their strength.  HAVE to get that early lead...

My $0.02

you can't emulate that in practice?? hello... we have Josh mutha *****in' Allen. of course we can emulate that *****.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Nice to hear some love coming Buffalo's way at the national level.

As an aside: I love how people seem to be unable to talk about Josh Allen without a reference to his accuracy - even after a game where he completed almost 80% of his passes.

The funny part is how Max says "he's not as accurate as Lamar". Now Lamar Jackson is Dan Marino? I'm the biggest Lamar Jackson fan on this forum, but come on. The reason the "experts" claimed LJ couldn't be a NFL QB was because of his accuracy. I questioned their assessments then because of his collegiate stats, but Max needs to start watching Bills games before he makes such ridiculous statements.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Anyone catch anything from Shannon Sharpe today? As I know he was forecasting us to get killed by the Cowboys and really made some comments not having any faith because it was the Buffalo Bills etc. I'd seek it out more but at work and most social media sites are on lockdown.

Yes, he admitted he was wrong!! Skip was crying the whole show?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

What is funny is the Max still thinks Lamar is more accurate than Josh. He doesn’t realize that Lamar is all Greg Roman’s scheme whereas Josh created half of those good plays by audible and great reading of the defense. Lamar has had wide open receivers due to the scheme and 8 in the box. He is not more accurate than Josh. He is an exceptional running QB. However Josh is the better pocket passer and cerebral QB. 

More cerebral??? Lamar Jackson played in one of THE MOST COMPLEX PASSING SCHEME in Louisville. The guy knows how to read defenses!! Roman's scheme didn't produce "wide open receivers" when he was in Buffalo. Cut out the coding and gives both QBs their due based on their play

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Anyone catch anything from Shannon Sharpe today?

It's too hard to figure out what that moron is saying.  Frustrates me.  I wait for others to translate and put it into written form.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, the skycap said:

More cerebral??? Lamar Jackson played in one of THE MOST COMPLEX PASSING SCHEME in Louisville. The guy knows how to read defenses!! Roman's scheme didn't produce "wide open receivers" when he was in Buffalo. Cut out the coding and gives both QBs their due based on their play

I never said Lamar isn’t playing lights out. He is, his play has been unprecedented. I just don’t think it is solely based on what he is doing I think it is very similar to Kaepernick success in San Fran under Roman.

I see many similarities in terms of skill set and offensive system. This is also why I don’t think what he is doing is sustainable long term. 

2014-15 Niners = 2019-2020 Ravens offensive system

2000’s Pats = 2019-2020 Bills offensive system

Daboll>Roman long term

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Riddick and his interpretation of what the Bills are is spot on and the most honest evaluation I've heard all year. Don't sleep on this team!!  

Who's the white dude who keeps saying that Josh Allen is "not as accurate" as Lamar Jackson?

'Cuz you know, I'm not so sure he's watching what I'm watching.

LJax completion percentage is higher at present - not quite the same thing as accuracy.   They are, for the most part, completing somewhat different set of NFL throws.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It's because this is probably the first Bills game they watched all season.  Typical of the national media.  They all saw yesterday what we all knew already.

Riddick has picked against us every time I’ve seen him pick games this year. So I give him NO credit for finally recognizing the obvious. He’s just jumping on the train because of yesterday. He’s irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It's nice of them to say.  Nice backpedal by Riddick.  He's been talking ***** about them all year.  Screw him

He's been talking crap about them for years. I'm actually surprised he's giving them props. Waiting for Burleson to jump on the wagon now.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Anyone catch anything from Shannon Sharpe today? As I know he was forecasting us to get killed by the Cowboys and really made some comments not having any faith because it was the Buffalo Bills etc. I'd seek it out more but at work and most social media sites are on lockdown.

Sharpe’s mouth is still full of marbles.  Always has been. How he has a job speaking the English language on national tv is one of life’s great mysteries.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who's the white dude who keeps saying that Josh Allen is "not as accurate" as Lamar Jackson?

LJax completion percentage is higher at present - not quite the same thing as accuracy.   They are, for the most part, completing somewhat different set of NFL throws.

Max Kellerman. Made his so called mark as a boxing analyst. He, along with others bashed Allen and the Bills organization when he was drafted and now have to back pedal or grudgingly accept the fact that Josh is actually an NFL quality QB.

I understand that many may feel that the praise from Riddick, Prisco, Brandt, McShay and Burleson is hollow but as I mentioned earlier what got me were the comments Riddick spoke on McD and his coaching. Detail, Discipline, Culture, Accountability, Family.

That's what I want from my HC for years to come. We got a good one guys!

Edited by billsbackto81

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Every time I tune into the ravens games my mind is blown by how wide open his targets are. His degree of difficulty on the majority of his throws hasn’t been nearly as high as Allen’s. 

These guys aren’t tuning in to these games to see it for themselves all year though. Shannon sharpe, a man with routinely awful takes on buffalo this year, straight up said this morning he‘s not getting up on any Sunday at 10Am on the west coast to watch a bills games.... which means he’s basically admitting he has no clue what he’s talking about when he just completely roasts them 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

He's been talking crap about them for years. I'm actually surprised he's giving them props. Waiting for Burleson to jump on the wagon now.

He's on it now! We all good here at GMFB!

If BillsMafia is compiling their social media hit list, here are a few recommendations from yours truly:

1. Max Kellerman - generally doesn't bother following the Bills, so knows very little about the team. Not a big Josh Allen fan.

2. Skip Bayless - Cole Beasley hater...calls him "Measly Beasley." Dresses like a mafia don for some reason.

3. Colin Cowherd - big Josh Allen skeptic. Thinks the NFL would be better off with Buffalo relocated to a bigger market. Whiny douche.

4. Shannon Sharpe - has an IQ slightly higher than my border collie. Also slightly more articulate than my border collie. Has never had any respect for Buffalo as an NFL city, no matter what the team does.

5. Nick Wright - has a face too ugly even for radio. Former power bottom for Cris Carter. Has been an unrelenting Josh Allen hater since day one.

Go get 'em, BillsMafia!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1