The 4th and 1 Fumble play was going to be a wide pitch to Motor?

Just read this quote from Josh in Chris Brown's column:

“It was a big first down and how it happened on fourth and short,” said Allen. “Fumbling the snap, I’ve got to do a better job of that and get the ball to our running back, but I wanted it really bad.”

I thought for sure that it was a called QB sneak all the way. Now when you watch the play you can see Motor moving to Josh's right on a wide pitch and that's the way that Josh leans as he bobbles the snap.

All's well that ends well, but I'm not sure that I am a fan of a wide pitch call on a 4th and inches play.

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Watching the defense though, I think motor would have ran that all the way with how they were stacking the box and the blocking by the offense on the right side. 

Looked like it was blocked up nicely.  Great moment for the Bills offense in any case. 

Shows how much the game has slowed down for Josh 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Just read this quote from Josh in Chris Brown's column:

“It was a big first down and how it happened on fourth and short,” said Allen. “Fumbling the snap, I’ve got to do a better job of that and get the ball to our running back, but I wanted it really bad.”

I thought for sure that it was a called QB sneak all the way. Now when you watch the play you can see Motor moving to Josh's right on a wide pitch and that's the way that Josh leans as he bobbles the snap.

All's well that ends well, but I'm not sure that I am a fan of a wide pitch call on a 4th and inches play.

Wide Pitch is a great play call there.  We have QB sneaked it like 98% of the time there and the D was geared to stop it.  Motor gets a huge gain there if executed IMO

• Like (+1) 2

That makes me feel better, actually. I hate when Daboll calls the same play twice in a row. Everyone in the nation thought that was going to be another sneak, so it would have caught the defense off guard.

58 minutes ago, TPS said:

Motor is lucky he didn't get flagged for a penalty for the late hit on 31.  It's nice to see him stick up for Josh, but that was a penalty. 

I thought the same when I watched it live.....dodged a bit of a bullet there for sure.

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

When you spend an entire season running the sneak and the pound the A gap with Gore, the wide sweep could be a good, unexpected play. Let Motor be on the edge with one man to beat.... It may have worked. Didn't need it though.

Bledsoe to McGahee in 2004.  Huge gain.  We can run it once for a huge gain. 

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wide Pitch is a great play call there.  We have QB sneaked it like 98% of the time there and the D was geared to stop it.  Motor gets a huge gain there if executed IMO

Looks like as long as Knox got at least half a block on his guy, then there is no one between Singeltary and the end zone.