The National Media, TV Personality Narrative

H2o

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I disagree with the tv aspect. I watched a bunch of stuff this morning and 3/4 of the shows were dominated by “cowboys loss” talk and the clips you are seeing come out online are the line 3 minutes they decided to finally admit the bills might be a solid team. 

I was actually laughing at one point at how lopsided the coverage and talk was towards cowboys on every single show I flipped to. Heck, even GMFB, a show notorious for bills love, finally admitted to and scolded themselves for dwelling on the losing team for way too much air time. 

Admittedly I haven't watched much TV coverage, haven't really been home much to watch. Just watching online coverage from Twitter/Facebook/YouTube which is showing clips from TV shows praising us. But in regards to internet articles, there's a TON of stuff out there hyping up the Bills. But perhaps the big shows are spending more time talking about the Cowboys, probably because Jerry Jones said he's sticking with Garrett, which of course is going to fuel outrage for another week.

18 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Admittedly I haven't watched much TV coverage, haven't really been home much to watch. Just watching online coverage from Twitter/Facebook/YouTube which is showing clips from TV shows praising us. But in regards to internet articles, there's a TON of stuff out there hyping up the Bills. But perhaps the big shows are spending more time talking about the Cowboys, probably because Jerry Jones said he's sticking with Garrett, which of course is going to fuel outrage for another week.

The clips you are seeing are literally the only 3 minutes they addressed the bills out of hour to 2 hour shows. 

First take on ESPN is a 2 hour show. That 3 minute clip people have seen with Smith and riddick praising the bills was literally all they touched on the team. There was about a 5-10 min segment on the niners ravens game coming up and they literally talked Cowboys the rest of the show. I just laughed it off. I honestly quit watching that show when it started getting racially and politically charged. No biggie.... but it’s still ridiculous to watch nearly 2 hours of coverage on a team that got killed by a young exciting up and coming team that you feel no need to speak on. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I've been trying to soak this one in all day and enjoy it.  So glad you started this thread H2o.  Still, outside of Nate, nothing from anyone but very brief mentions about how good the Bills were last night.  EVERYONE else is blabbing on and on about how bad the 'boys were.  WTF? 

But you know what?  I really don't care now.  Our Bills beat down the Cowboys in front of 35 MILLION people and that speaks for itself.  Let them keep sleeping on the Bills.  Let them keep talking about whoever the Bills beat down next.  The more that happens, the more games the Bills are going to win. 

This team could be coming into its own right now and the future is starting to look awfully bright.  Just enjoy that my fellow Bills brothers and sister.  Josh Allen has arrived and the whole country got to see it.  I think we're finally in for a nice ride my friends.

282211407_UndisputedBuffaloBeatdown.thumb.JPG.3a2713dbbab1633fe37b0866e86f1251.JPGThey were certainly over-doing the "Are the Cowboys done?" and "Should Jason Garrett be fired right now?" narratives but at least the some of the graphics at the bottom of the screens were like "Buffalo Beat Down" and similar.  That was nice to see.  And they aren't saying the Cowboys just lost.  They're all saying the Cowboys got hammered, beat down, dominated, etc.  That's also very nice to see.  I can get used to that.

Edited by Distorted One

On 11/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, H2o said:

I love it. Can you imagine the fire they are stoking in our guys right now? :thumbsup:

Can I get two claps and a Ric Flair?!?!?!?!

634783c510e2564240db54ee141213e3--fighting-memes-ric-flair.jpg

I can't imagine these guys care what the "national media" does our doesn't say about them.  

Does anybody really think they play harder based on what's on TV shows?

Sounds silly right?  This stuff is only important for posters who are incredible thirsty for validation.  Just enjoy what's happening.  Why do you need someone else to tell you what you're clearly seeing?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:58 AM, Iron Maiden said:

Rodney Harrison went from " The Bills are a one and done team" in the playoffs to " no one wants to face the Bills " .....that's quite the turn around....we'll convince them one by one if needed...??

He's pretty high on my list of intolerable talking heads.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I can't imagine these guys care what the "national media" does our doesn't say about them.  

Does anybody really think they play harder based on what's on TV shows?

Sounds silly right?  This stuff is only important for posters who are incredible thirsty for validation.  Just enjoy what's happening.  Why do you need someone else to tell you what you're clearly seeing?

Did you see Jerry Hughes walking back to the locker room the other day? He was screaming, "You don't like us, but we're winning!!!" They definitely hear it and I do believe it is a form of motivation for some of the guys. Neither the thread nor any other post has anything to do with any kind of validation. What is silly though is your plethora of asinine comments over the years. Stay simple my friend. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

15 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He doesn't hide his NE roots...that's for sure....Bruschi is the same....It was nice to see Harrison changing his tune.....we now know he's not completely blinded by his NE allegiance....

19 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I remember in the offseason they asked that crew who had a better shot to make the playoffs this year, bills or jets. somebody picked the bills and he literally laughed right at them. 

dude is a complete tool 

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Did you see Jerry Hughes walking back to the locker room the other day? He was screaming, "You don't like us, but we're winning!!!" They definitely hear it and I do believe it is a form of motivation for some of the guys. Neither the thread nor any other post has anything to do with any kind of validation. What is silly though is your plethora of asinine comments over the years. Stay simple my friend. :thumbsup:

This is one in a steady stream of "why doesn't the national media say nice things about us??" threads .. Congrats on adding another sheet of the paper too the pile of inferiority complex.

Sure Jerry was fired up---after the win.  As he should be.  The Friday talk shows aren't firing him up.  As they shouldn't really...

Isn't time you started a "trap game" thread? Fits right in, no?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is one in a steady stream of "why doesn't the national media say nice things about us??" threads .. Congrats on adding another sheet of the paper too the pile of inferiority complex.

Sure Jerry was fired up---after the win.  As he should be.  The Friday talk shows aren't firing him up.  As they shouldn't really...

Isn't time you started a "trap game" thread? Fits right in, no?

That's not my style, don't really get into the "trap game" thing. May be yours though? Thanks for your wonderful insight into the mind of our players though. Let me guess, you have sources deep within right? You can go back to taking selfies with your Tom Brady fathead now. :thumbsup:

Just now, H2o said:

That's not my style, don't really get into the "trap game" thing. May be yours though? Thanks for your wonderful insight into the mind of our players though. Let me guess, you have sources deep within right? You can go back to taking selfies with your Tom Brady fathead now. :thumbsup:

There's the white flag I was waiting for.  It took 2 replies.  You're slowing down.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, StHustle said:

Bro do you need me to inbox you some links? I live in Charlotte and see every Bills game from the comfort of my own home with no buffering ?

Thanks for the offer!  Please do!

On 11/29/2019 at 11:22 AM, RockpileSurvivor said:

Just posted...

2F5D4E2A-8069-4F96-A857-C8F906972092.jpeg

Any time Skippy is upset is a is a good time, don’t y’all think so? ?

Go Bills!!!