The National Media, TV Personality Narrative

H2o

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Louis Riddick with some really cool insight into McDermott and our defense on First Take.  He’s been around Sean and talked about how disciplined and nuanced he is. 

They also called Josh a “poor mans Cam Newton” right now, but acknowledged the sky high potential. 

He has the potential to be much better than cam. He's already 100x the leader 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

He has the potential to be much better than cam. He's already 100x the leader 

Completely agree. They hedged on it by acknowledging Josh’s potential, but this is now 3 games in a row where Josh has been a stud.  It’s starting to click for him. 

Edited by SCBills

The Dallas love-fest scripted by CBS was derailed. I would have hoped for something better than Emmett cheering a missed field goal on the broadcast. Too much rambling by announcers on Dallas drama while the game was going on. Seemed more like an audition for TMZ than two guys who actually liked football. The sideline reporter added nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, H2o said:

Outside of Nate Burleson, everything I have watched this morning has been how the Cowboys lost and not how the Bills won. The Cowboys' coaching, the Cowboys' play calling, Dak playing for his contract and what he deserves, the Cowboys' kicker missing kicks(not noting how Hauschka missed an XP and FG as well), endless drabble about Dem Boyz, with a little congrats to the Bills thrown in at the end with a 5 second shout out. Personally, I love it. Keep slighting these guys, keep sleeping on them, keep feeding that fire burning within them to prove the naysayers wrong. Like Jerry said yesterday, "You don't like us, but we're winning!!!" :thumbsup:

GMFB wasn't too bad. Opening with "what's wrong with Dallas" but quickly seguing to "don't sleep on the Bills."  However, First Take with Stephan A. Smith on ESPn spent a solid 45 minutes licking Cowboys boo-boos.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I dont watch ESPN or nfl network since i dont have cable. I do watch the pregame shows on NBC, CBS, and Fox and they talk about the bills alot throughout the year. National writers were talking about the bills quite a bit on twitter yesterday, especially Stephen A Smith!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

Outside of Nate Burleson, everything I have watched this morning has been how the Cowboys lost and not how the Bills won. The Cowboys' coaching, the Cowboys' play calling, Dak playing for his contract and what he deserves, the Cowboys' kicker missing kicks(not noting how Hauschka missed an XP and FG as well), endless drabble about Dem Boyz, with a little congrats to the Bills thrown in at the end with a 5 second shout out. Personally, I love it. Keep slighting these guys, keep sleeping on them, keep feeding that fire burning within them to prove the naysayers wrong. Like Jerry said yesterday, "You don't like us, but we're winning!!!" :thumbsup:

Last week when Gore hit his milestone, the announcers during the afternoon Pats game were all prosing on about Gronk - GRONK!  as the "player of the week"

Only one of them manned up and said "how about some love for Frank Gore?" and mentioned his milestone game, and it was kind of rushed through with a quick flash of a graphic before the got back to Gronk.

I'm sorry, but when it becomes all about a guy on the announcing crew who is no longer playing, over a genuine milestone for a HOF player, that's just WRONG.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last week when Gore hit his milestone, the announcers during the afternoon Pats game were all prosing on about Gronk - GRONK!  as the "player of the week"

Only one of them manned up and said "how about some love for Frank Gore?" and mentioned his milestone game, and it was kind of rushed through with a quick flash of a graphic before the got back to Gronk.

I'm sorry, but when it becomes all about a guy on the announcing crew who is no longer playing, over a genuine milestone for a HOF player, that's just WRONG.

The story is always more interesting when you don't know the ending. 

But yea, to hell with that gronk *****. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

GMFB was even on the coverage of both teams. 

Kyle Brandt said Burleson can slam him through a table if they beat the Ravens. 

Burleson did talk up Josh on how he has more rushing TDs than Lamar. 

The GMFB crew loves the Bills. I have a theory on it. The Bills are the trendiest fan base because of social media. We come across as “cool.” Our fans, players, quirks, etc... all make us connect with that generation. I’m 38 and kind of on the edge of that age but I think if you are between like 16-40 you kind of love us. You love our passion and energy. If you are Bill Cowher or Boomer you just don’t “get it.” If you notice the people that love us they are all in that sort of age bracket (Schein, GMFB, Michael Robinson, etc). 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The GMFB crew loves the Bills. I have a theory on it. The Bills are the trendiest fan base because of social media. We come across as “cool.” Our fans, players, quirks, etc... all make us connect with that generation. I’m 38 and kind of on the edge of that age but I think if you are between like 16-40 you kind of love us. You love our passion and energy. If you are Bill Cowher or Boomer you just don’t “get it.” If you notice the people that love us they are all in that sort of age bracket (Schein, GMFB, Michael Robinson, etc). 

That I'm sure is a part of it.  The other part is I think all the pre/post game shows are more focused on what is the "big market" game/team that we need to talk about.

The GMFB show go through each game one way or the other and yea, they do love the bills (well, the guys love the bills because Kay does).

• Like (+1) 1

Yesterday was the first game of the season that I was able to watch, although I did get to see them in Charlotte during the pre-season.  I'm glad that they had such a great showing and that the announcers (Romo and Nantz) were off-put by the Cowboys' loss and the national media had to eat a bit of crow.  

It's always about Dallas and/or New England, so of course the overhyped Cowboys would be the lede for today's news.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Stephen A Smith gave credit to the bills as well as one of his co hosts. The other co-host was a little wishy-washy he blamed dallas deficiencies but also recognized bills. 

So that's both NFL Network and ESPN giving us some love. 

If you're surprised that they'd all still rather talk about dallas and whats going on in dallas -- don't be, they have a lot more viewers from dallas and texas then they do from Buffalo and no amount of winning will ever change that.

Plus, who ISNT talking about the Jerry Jones spectacle anyways? Guy was crying in the booth rubbing his hands on his face, holding locker room meetings threatening to fire his coaches.... the circus is in town in Dallas. 

We don't need the circus. JUST WIN!

Edited by BillsFan692

Steven A 

loves to find things to trash the Cowboys and he’s had Buffalo as the 5th best  team

I has this in the 2019 playoff thread. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33963/bills-take-control-of-afc-wild-card-race-with-win-over-cowboys

Bills take control of AFC wild-card race with win over Cowboys

Describe the game in two words: 

Respect earned. Critics might argue that the Cowboys are not as good as their season stats suggest -- but beating this team on Thanksgiving, at Dallas, on a short week, while controlling every facet of the game after both teams' opening drives? Put some respect on the Bills' name

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1