The National Media, TV Personality Narrative

H2o

Outside of Nate Burleson, everything I have watched this morning has been how the Cowboys lost and not how the Bills won. The Cowboys' coaching, the Cowboys' play calling, Dak playing for his contract and what he deserves, the Cowboys' kicker missing kicks(not noting how Hauschka missed an XP and FG as well), endless drabble about Dem Boyz, with a little congrats to the Bills thrown in at the end with a 5 second shout out. Personally, I love it. Keep slighting these guys, keep sleeping on them, keep feeding that fire burning within them to prove the naysayers wrong. Like Jerry said yesterday, "You don't like us, but we're winning!!!" :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Outside of Nate Burleson, everything I have watched this morning has been how the Cowboys lost and not how the Bills won. The Cowboys' coaching, the Cowboys' play calling, Dak playing for his contract and what he deserves, the Cowboys' kicker missing kicks(not noting how Hauschka missed an XP and FG as well), endless drabble about Dem Boyz, with a little congrats to the Bills thrown in at the end with a 5 second shout out. Personally, I love it. Keep slighting these guys, keep sleeping on them, keep feeding that fire burning within them to prove the naysayers wrong. Like Jerry said yesterday, "They don't like us, but we're winning!!!" :thumbsup:

Currently 38 minutes into First Take, so far 100% Cowboy coverage.  Literally there has been one line before a commercial break where Molly said “Want to give Bills some love here too for winning the game”.  THATS IT.  

WTF???  I don’t even care that they aren’t talking about the Bills...40 min on one 6-6 team????  This show is a joke as usual.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Currently 38 minutes into First Take, so far 100% Cowboy coverage.  Literally there has been one line before a commercial break where Molly said “Want to give Bills some love here too for winning the game”.  THATS IT.  

WTF???  I don’t even care that they aren’t talking about the Bills...40 min on one 6-6 team????  This show is a joke as usual.

I love it. Can you imagine the fire they are stoking in our guys right now? :thumbsup:

Can I get two claps and a Ric Flair?!?!?!?!

634783c510e2564240db54ee141213e3--fighting-memes-ric-flair.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn't care what the talking heads were saying when the Bills played like bums, I don't care what they are saying now that the Bills are winning. I know that the team I have been a fan of for the last 30+ yrs is 

1. Fun to watch

2. Competitive

3. Talented

4. Unpredictable

5. successful

6. young

7.learning to win

8. Coached well

9.Focused on winning a championship

10. representative of the fanbase

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cowboys 4 days a week.  LeBron 4 days a week.  Steelers 3 days a week.  Nba stars not named Lebron 3 days a week.  New York teams twice a week.  Patriots 2 days a week.  Hockey never.  Baseball 6 times a year.  Combat sports 10 times a year.  College hoops 15 times a year. College football 15 times a year.  Racism and social issues 20 times a year.  Miscellaneous once a week.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Used to say this a lot on previous message boards.

to sum it up...

If you have any friends who are hardcore San Antonio Spur fans...best to get their advice OR just not worrying about National Respect.

Perfect analogy. Spurs just won but never got respect. Just win!

• Like (+1) 1

GMFB started out by focusing on how Dallas is not living up to expectations. Later in the show they started talking up the Bills. Probably pretty even, but the Dallas story angle will get more national interest.  I feel as though the Bills have to beat the Ravens before they truly get respect, which might be fair. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

GMFB started out by focusing on how Dallas is not living up to expectations. Later in the show they started talking up the Bills. Probably pretty even, but the Dallas story angle will get more national interest.  I feel as though the Bills have to beat the Ravens before they truly get respect, which might be fair. 

Nope, if we beat the Ravens it’ll be about how they just had a bad day. Nothing changes until we dethrone the Pats. Clear and simple. Not a single game of any magnitude in the regular season will give the Bills respect.

this plays right into our hand, folks!

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

GMFB was even on the coverage of both teams. 

Kyle Brandt said Burleson can slam him through a table if they beat the Ravens. 

Burleson did talk up Josh on how he has more rushing TDs than Lamar. 

They always give bills love. 

As far as the rest of them, who cares? But if you do, beating the Ravens should take care of it. 

No matter what happens with the cowboys, the talk will always be about them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Louis Riddick with some really cool insight into McDermott and our defense on First Take.  He’s been around Sean and talked about how disciplined and nuanced he is. 

They also called Josh a “poor mans Cam Newton” right now, but acknowledged the sky high potential.  

Also mentioned the need for better accuracy, which is always a give away that they barely watch us.   The only accuracy Josh needs to work on is his deep ball.   Once that comes, he’s going to be elite. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Nope, if we beat the Ravens it’ll be about how they just had a bad day. Nothing changes until we dethrone the Pats. Clear and simple. Not a single game of any magnitude in the regular season will give the Bills respect.

this plays right into our hand, folks!

The narrative is already about the Pats decline, so if we beat them that will be the story. But everyone thinks the Ravens are a power house and Lamar Jackson is an MVP candidate, so if we beat them we'll get a lot of respect.

• Like (+1) 4