Your Favorite Allen Play from T-day?

whatdrought

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

While we bask in the glow of Allen's professional Bat Mitzvah, dreaming of what is to come for our franchise QB, what was your favorite play made by Josh yesterday? 

P.s.: It's okay to answer with the 4th down play, as that was universally accepted as a miracle of determination and amazing. 

Mine might honestly be this 3rd and 4:

tell me again how inaccurate our boy is...

This was an amazing throw.  If I am being honest, I would have preferred him to run for the sure first down there rather than thread the needle in future situations.  He had a 100% first down had he run vs a difficult throw with a lower success percentage.  

But again, was amazing throw for sure and loved it.    

It’s definitely a contender for his best throw of the day.  However, I think the Beasley pass out of the end zone was his best throw of the day.  Stepping up to avoid the pressure and threaded the needle on a bullet while throwing on the move to hit Cole in perfect stride.  That right there was an Elite play and throw that a lot of QBs can’t make that Josh makes look routine.

11 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am with everyone who said that Foster scramble. Perfection. What’s great is that easily could have run for that too, but made the right “QB play.”

how money was he on 3rd down too? Just a great game!! 

Loved the play.  However I think the correct QB play in future incidents there is to take the 100% success play of running for the first down.  It was 3rd down, getting the first was 100% assured had he run vs a difficult throw he had to thread the needle perfect on while on the run.  

Again, amazing throw and loved it.  Just saying that running was a guarantee there, and I would take the 100% success rate there in a key part of the game if this was to happen again.  

But also not mad at him for throwing it either, I mean I loved the play.  Just strictly talking success percentages here as the FD was a gimme on the run there.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

Too many plays to pick one, but my favorite part of his game yesterday was his command of the game in the second half. The Cowboy fans were done cheering. On virtually every 3rd down play...especially in the long 7-minute drive to start nailing the coffin shut...he was walking the line, back and forth, changing the play, motioning players, taking his time to see how Dallas responded, and then executing one great third-down conversion after another.

At one point he literally walked all the way over to a receiver to the extent I thought they were going to direct snap it to the back.

This was Allen at his best ever. There was no McKay in his ear telling him what to do until the headset was turned off. This was a second-year quarterback picking apart one of the best Ds in the game today.

• Like (+1) 3

Many good throws, but the ez one to Beasley did it for me.

That was a critical throw to get done, and although we didn't get any points from that drive, iirc, Romo actually said it was important (the drive), because it managed to change the field position into our favour, after we had been completely backed up.

Kudos to Bojorquez there for a monster punt at the end of it, also.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This was an amazing throw.  If I am being honest, I would have preferred him to run for the sure first down there rather than thread the needle in future situations.  He had a 100% first down had he run vs a difficult throw with a lower success percentage.  

It’s definitely a contender for his best throw of the day.  However, I think the Beasley pass out of the end zone was his best throw of the day.  Stepping up to avoid the pressure and threaded the needle on a bullet while throwing on the move to hit Cole in perfect stride.  That right there was an Elite play and throw that a lot of QBs can’t make that Josh makes look routine.

Loved the play.  However I think the correct QB play in future incidents there is to take the 100% success play of running for the first down.  It was 3rd down, getting the first was 100% assured had he run vs a difficult throw he had to thread the needle perfect on while on the run.  

Again, amazing throw and loved it.  Just saying that running was a guarantee there, and I would take the 100% success rate there in a key part of the game if this was to happen again.  

But also not mad at him for throwing it either, I mean I loved the play.  Just strictly talking success percentages here as the FD was a gimme on the run there.  

I understand your thought process here, but I think there's a zone QB's can get in where they know exactly how a throw like that is going to go, and it's a 100% play for them. That's what yesterday felt like for josh. 

Also, he's a QB. If he's thinking pass first, I'm happy. 

1 minute ago, Buddo said:

Many good throws, but the ez one to Beasley did it for me.

That was a critical throw to get done, and although we didn't get any points from that drive, iirc, Romo actually said it was important (the drive), because it managed to change the field position into our favour, after we had been completely backed up.

Kudos to Bojorquez there for a monster punt at the end of it, also.

Yep. That was a game changing throw for sure. Probably a throw only 10% of professional QB's can make? 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3

Every one of his 19 passes were special due to the fact he only threw 24 times. With that said The 4th down "Superman keeper" was my favorite Josh Allen moment. That play epitomizes the HEART and determination of JA and the entire team, and set the tone for every play in the game going forward. 

Hard to pick one but if I had to the pickup of the botched snap and fighting for the first down. Nothing says I want to win more than that. The kid is growing every week and wants to the best he can be. 

i also believe Dorsey is really making a difference with him- good chance he becomes an OC in the not so distant future.

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agree on both points. The smart decision on that 3rd and 4 is to run it there, and I hope (with a caveat) that he does that in the future. It would have been super easy for him to miss that pass or for Foster to drop it. The caveat is that I kind of love a QB who doesn't think that way. It's part of not playing scared and having confidence. Sometimes that confidence will burn you, but I'd rather watch "Josh Thinks-He-Can-Do-Anything" than "Josh Always-Takes-The-Safe-Play" (who doesn't actually seem to exist, thank the gods).

And your second point about that Beasley pass out of the end zone - for me that pass is up there with the sluggo TD pass to Brown against the Dolphins for Josh's most Holy S*** throw of the season. Phenomenal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Hard to pick one but if I had to the pickup of the botched snap and fighting for the first down. Nothing says I want to win more than that. The kid is growing every week and wants to the best he can be. 

i also believe Dorsey is really making a difference with him- good chance he becomes an OC in the not so distant future.

If things continue at this rate, he might need to be OC in place of Daboll who may get a HC position somewhere. If not this year, maybe next.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Great point- Maybe Daboll would want to see this thing through for another year. 

A good thought, but I can't see him turning down a HC position. We might get lucky though- with McVey coming down, and the other "wonderkins" not showing out that well, the rage for a offensive guru might not be as hot this year.