How many nfl GMs would trade their starting QB for JA straight up

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wait, so you believe the Broncos wouldn't and you aren't sure about the Bengals and Dolphins, both clubs who benched their starters this year at various times in the season?

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the "would not" list is pretty good - although the Pack has to be thinking "where is the end of Aaron Rodgers and can we see it from here?"

Curious about the "Not Sure" category though - say more?

Lol.  Whoops.  Should have given more detail.

Not Trade:

Broncos - They have a complete unknown in Drew Lock whose College Scouting Report read like Josh Allen 2.0.  So no one (not even them) probably has any idea if he is good or bad.  I don’t think they would trade right now.

Not Sure:

Bengals/Dolphins - with both teams poised to draft top 3...with a few QB prospects to be had, couldn’t say for sure which way they would go.

Raiders - Gruden, Gruden, Gruden.  Lol.  He’s so picking no idea what he would do even if he hates Carr.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Not Trade:

Broncos - They have a complete unknown in Drew Lock whose College Scouting Report read like Josh Allen 2.0.  So no one (not even them) probably has any idea if he is good or bad.  I don’t think they would trade right now.

Not Sure:

Bengals/Dolphins - with both teams poised to draft top 3...with a few QB prospects to be had, couldn’t say for sure which way they would go.

Raiders - Gruden, Gruden, Gruden.  Lol.  He’s so picking no idea what he would do even if he hates Carr.

So Denver prefers a situation where they have no idea if their QB is going to be good to having Josh?    

If the Bengals traded Dalton for Josh they would still have the#1 pick which could be traded for an untold fortune or they could trade Josh if they wanted to draft a QB; but they wouldn't do either?  They prefer Dalton?

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe 15? I'd say he's probably just inside the top 15 of QB play right now. Maybe more when you consider teams like NO, SD, and even maybe NE that would want to do so to ensure their future. 

There was an article a couple weeks back ranking all the teams QB play with respect to the future and the Bills were in the top 10, think around 8th, ahead of NO, SD, & NE for the exact reason you mention.

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

How many wives in Buffalo would trade their husbands for JA? 

Better yet how many wives of posters on Two Bills Drive would trade their husbands for JA?

Be careful around here!

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

So Denver prefers a situation where they have no idea if their QB is going to be good to having Josh?    

If the Bengals traded Dalton for Josh they would still have the#1 pick which could be traded for an untold fortune or they could trade Josh if they wanted to draft a QB; but they wouldn't do either?  They prefer Dalton?

Denver just needs to give the situation more time and Lock the opportunity to show what he does or does not have.  Allen has had 24 games with his game only now starting to settle in.

In the Bengals scenario (and maybe all scenarios) I was looking at it as what would that team want going forward.  Allen as starter or option to pick a Rookie in 2020.  More of an either/or scenario.  Allen vs. 2020 Rookie and then going forward from there.

38 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Not Trade:

Not Sure:

The Bengals and Dolphins are curious cases.

The Broncos - Elway's MO suggests that if available he will always go for an established QB rather than draft a "pig in a poke" who may or may not be successful (Manning, Keenum, Flacco).  So I think they would trade for Josh in a minute

But he's ours, and they can't have him!

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

There was an article a couple weeks back ranking all the teams QB play with respect to the future and the Bills were in the top 10, think around 8th, ahead of NO, SD, & NE for the exact reason you mention.

Better yet how many wives of posters on Two Bills Drive would trade their husbands for JA?

Be careful around here!

Haha well we had Virgil in the Shoutbox during the game expressing his love ? for Josh Allen.  I think the phrase was something like "I want to wake up and gaze deep into his eyes".  So either Virgil is actually one of our low-key ladies or it's not just limited to the wives ?

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting question and a lot of different ways to look at it. Like even Green Bay, which anyone's immediate reaction would be no way they would. But which would you rather have, Aaron Rodgers for three years and then crap shoot, or Josh Allen for thirteen years if you want him. Not such an easy choice. 

A lot of people are coming a little late to the party on Josh Allen but that is okay. I’m just happy Allen is a Buffalo Bill and he keeps getting better as time goes on. Josh seems to be the perfect fit for our team and organization. Maybe he will never be considered the best quarterback in the NFL (although he certainly has the talent and mental makeup to become that) but he’s our qb and I truly believe he is more than capable of winning a Super Bowl with so that’s good enough for me. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bengals and Dolphins are curious cases.

The Broncos - Elway's MO suggests that if available he will always go for an established QB rather than draft a "pig in a poke" who may or may not be successful (Manning, Keenum, Flacco).  So I think they would trade for Josh in a minute

But he's ours, and they can't have him!

Haha well we had Virgil in the Shoutbox during the game expressing his love ? for Josh Allen.  I think the phrase was something like "I want to wake up and gaze deep into his eyes".  So either Virgil is actually one of our low-key ladies or it's not just limited to the wives ?

Looks like Denver wants to figure it out and get back to us.

Lock is activated for thsi week and MAY start.

Should we have Allen packed and ready to go to Denver on Monday should he flame out? ?????????

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

So I’d say the better question is, how many players in the nfl would WE trade josh Allen for straight up? All things considered.

This is the better question for sure. And honestly, when you factor in age and potential. The answer might only be two. Russel Wilson and Mahomes. 

As great as guys like Rodgers and Matt Ryan are, they are way too old even for QB standards. Brees and Brady? Forget about it? The oldest top five QB I would consider taking in a straight up trade is Wilson who turned 31 today oddly enough.

Then you have Lamar Jackson and DeShaun Watson. Both great talents. Both young. But long term I am far from convinced that they will either 1. Be better than Allen or 2. Not have their careers shortened.  Although Allen can run just as often as Jackson and Watson I think Allen's game in the long term might age better.

21 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I got 16  without hesitation.

Dolphins

Bengals

Steelers

Raiders

Broncos

Chargers

Titans

Colts

Jaguars

Bucs

Panthers

Bears

Lions

Vikings

Giants

Redskins

Add the Rams and Jets after some consideration and we are at 18. 

I might throw Atlanta into that list, too.  Not that Ryan is doing badly, but considering Atlanta's going nowhere this season, trading straight up for a younger QB with more upside seems a no-brainer.

• Like (+1) 1