How many nfl GMs would trade their starting QB for JA straight up

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

John Elway has to be thinking, " I could have drafted him and be set at QB for years, instead I took a DE"

That's not entirely true. If Elway doesn't hire the correct personnel to educate and help him get better than it would have been a wasted pick.

These topics are crazy to see now. A few weeks ago a few people on here said that Josh Allen isn’t a real Qb. I might need to go back into my notifications to find out who some of you are. Josh was awesome yesterday. Not trading him for anything right now. 

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

?

AFC

Would not Trade - Jets, Ravens, Browns, Texans, Broncos, Chiefs.

Would Trade - Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers.

Not Sure - Bengals, Dolphins, Raiders.

NFC

Would Not Trade - Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks.

Would Trade - Washington, Bears, Buccaneers, Falcons, Panthers, 

Not Sure - Lions, Rams

Wait, so you believe the Broncos wouldn't and you aren't sure about the Bengals and Dolphins, both clubs who benched their starters this year at various times in the season?

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

?

AFC

NFC

Would Not Trade - Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks.

Not Sure - Lions, Rams

I think the "would not" list is pretty good - although the Pack has to be thinking "where is the end of Aaron Rodgers and can we see it from here?"

Curious about the "Not Sure" category though - say more?

These are the ONLY teams that wouldn’t trade their QB straight up for Josh because they have a guy they love and winning with that will be there a long time.

Seattle

Baltimore

San Francisco (although I think Josh is better than Jimmy G)

Houston

Kansas Cit
Green Bay

Those 6 would 100% not do it right now.  There are other teams that probably wouldn’t either, like Jets and Cleveland for instance as they still are high on their own QB.  

I think it’s safe to say that 2/3’s the teams would either do it, or at least strongly consider it.  Teams with aging great QBs would do it IMO like Saints, Pats, NE.

I think 20 to 22 teams would be a good estimate that would likely do it.  Next year, could be even more teams that would if Josh keeps ascending like this.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

That's true. His big move of course was attracting Manning mind you, and that is a very rare occurrence to be able to sign a first ballot hall of fame QB in free agency

As I recall, there were 52 other players on the Roster.  Elway does not seem interested in building 9-7 one and done teams. He is swinging for the fences. Maybe he is awful. But I think he knows what he is doing. 

I don’t know who would trade for him or who wouldn’t trade for him, but for me, I wouldn’t trade Josh for 5 first round picks.

I’m happy with his progress, although I think Baltimore is going to destroy us, overall, long term, I believe we found ourselves a franchise QB. I’d put him in the top 10 with an absurd amount of growing room.

I think his 3rd year will show who he really is as a QB. 

I think a lot of GM’s would be interested and some would probably surprise us. 

I’ll flip it and say who would we trade Allen for?... factor in his age and potential.  

Let’s be honest about this offense:

Very good OL

Stud RB

Two very good WR’s

Its not an elite level talent offense, but he’s got some nice pieces around him.  The way this offense would elevate was if Allen was able to elevate them.... and now he’s starting to.  It’s all beginning to click for him at the time it usually does for stud young QBs that last in this league... About a year and a half in.  

Next year, more continuity in the OL, Singletary and Knox no longer rookies and another game changing WR to go with Brown, Beasley, Foster and McKenzie. 

Factoring in age, I’m not sure id trade Allen for anyone right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

As I recall, there were 52 other players on the Roster.  Elway does not seem interested in building 9-7 one and done teams. He is swinging for the fences. Maybe he is awful. But I think he knows what he is doing. 

He inherited I believe a 8-8 team with tons of talent. The thing holding them back was Tim Tebow. Missing piece was Manning, and of course a few other players.

Post Manning, he has done absolutely nothing to show that he is a competent GM in my opinion, especially finding a franchise QB. (Drafting Paxton lynch, Chad Kelly, trading for joe flacco, the list goes on)

20 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

?

AFC

NFC

Not Sure - Lions, Rams

Let's take another stab at this silliness....

AFC

Would NOT -- Ravens, Texans, Chiefs

Not Sure -- Jets, Browns

WOULD -- Broncos, Pats, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Bengals, Dolphins, Raiders

NFC

Would NOT -- Packers, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks

Not Sure -- Cowboys, Eagles

WOULD -- Giants, Vikings, Saints, Redskins, Bears, Bucs, Falcons, Panthers, Lions

Pats, Vikings and Saints would want to wait until after this year is complete

Edited by cage