5. arm strength

and his immeasurables, those things that everyone has opinions on

1. Intelligence

2. work ethic

3. leadership

4. potential

5. competitiveness

6. and most important-ability to be an NFL QB

I was wondering how many and which nfl gms would trade their starting QB straight up for Josh today.  I'm convinced that the pats would do it in a heartbeat, but only once this season was over.  Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Given Josh's measurables, those things that are facts, not subject to opinion

1. age

2. contract

3. size

4. speed 

5. arm strength

1. Intelligence

2. work ethic

3. leadership

4. potential

5. competitiveness

I was wondering how many and which nfl gms would trade their starting QB straight up for Josh today.  I'm convinced that the pats would do it in a heartbeat, but only once this season was over.  Thoughts?

they can't have him. he's ours! :D

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Given Josh's measurables, those things that are facts, not subject to opinion

1. age

2. contract

3. size

4. speed 

5. arm strength

1. Intelligence

2. work ethic

3. leadership

4. potential

5. competitiveness

A lot of teams couldn’t due to cap accelerations. But Josh is looking really good. The Browns and Eagles games feel like distant memories.

Legitimately believe that Baltimore, Seattle, Green Bay, Dallas, and Kansas City are the only teams that wouldn't make that trade (considering that the Pats, Saints, etc. who have great QBs that are older would make this trade for the future).

Potential counts for a lot in this league and now that he has improved his accuracy so much, he's matching his insane physical traits and intangibles with production. 

? 

AFC

Would not Trade - Jets, Ravens, Browns, Texans, Broncos, Chiefs.

Would Trade - Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers.

Not Sure - Bengals, Dolphins, Raiders.

NFC

Would Not Trade - Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks.

Would Trade - Washington, Bears, Buccaneers, Falcons, Panthers, 

Not Sure - Lions, Rams

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think this is right.   Id throw him in at 12 but top 15 without having to think about it.

I'd say if you project this play throughout the year then yeah, top 12-8 easy. That being said, overall with early season struggles he's still probably peaking at top 15. (there's some bad QB play this year, which helps). That's a slightly different question over what OP asked... That one is harder to tangibilize cause you gotta think about vision and current QB situation. Would the Vikings trade Kirk (whose having a big season) and his huge salary for Josh? Maybe, if they could see how to use him and they could dedicate that cash to other aspects. I think he would have more overall value than even Lamar, as I think he has more system flexibility, even if he isn't playing as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Maybe a better question is "How many other NFL teams would Brandon Beane trade Josh Allen to, for their QB straight up"?

For me right now- none. JA might be best QB in league for next decade, he is in mix with about 5 other guys right now.

• Like (+1) 1