Am I right about this: one more Pat’s AFC loss besides our game and the Bills control their own destiny?

If the Bills don't win the division I want the Pats to get the 1 seed. As its likely the 3 seed beats the 6 seed (and plays the 2 seed in the division round) I want the Bills’ 2nd round matchup to be at NE. I’d love for us to be the team that ends the Pats dominance.

Not to mention, the Pats are a much better matchup for the Bills than the Ravens.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ok, let’s not talk crazy...they could lose to both Texans and Chiefs and we could leap frog them record wise, 13-3 to 12-4.

This is right. Tiebreakers won’t work. Bills need to win out. Patsies need to lose to KC and Houston.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MDH said:

If the Bills don't win the division I want the Pats to get the 1 seed. As its likely the 3 seed beats the 6 seed (and plays the 2 seed in the division round) I want the Bills’ 2nd round matchup to be at NE. I’d love for us to be the team that ends the Pats dominance.

Not to mention, the Pats are a much better matchup for the Bills than the Ravens.

This is the more likely scenario - talk of Bills winning the division is post Cowboys stomping fantasy (barring something unforeseen like a Brady injury).  I do think we'll beat whoever we play in the wild card game.  Then who would we rather play next - Patriots or Ravens?  I'm with you, I'd rather go to NE for that 2nd round game.  

This is why I think they should seed teams based off record like the (NBA). If you win your division than yes that is an automatic playoff berth. But your seeding should depend on your record . If the Bills & Pat's both ended up 13-3 than they should be the seeded 1 & 2 (let all the calculations determine who is seeded where).  This makes the things so much easier.

Edited by BBills88

It is at the very least great motivation to have this team play their best football in December.You never know what can happen.Even the 5th seed playing K.C won’t seem so scary if the Bills are peaking right about playoff time.It would be a cinderella story to see the Bills as a wildcard playoff team go in and beat K.C and maybe even knock off the Pats to go to the superbowl.

In reality I would be happy with one playoff win.That would leave this team very hungry next season to take the next step with 10 draft picks,80 million in cap space and a 3rd year quarterback ready for his big leap forward...GO BILLS!!

On 11/29/2019 at 9:42 AM, ProeBills said:

Best possible Bills record is 13-3. Bills need to win-out to take the division unless the Pats have a meltdown (or TB blows knee). Tie-breaker at 13-3 goes to the Pats. (#3 Common Opponents due to Bills losses to PHI and CLE. NE hopeful losses to HOU, KC are not common opponents and they are not plausibly losing to CIN or MIA)

Pats would need to finish no better than 12-4. Best way to those 3 additional losses are against HOU, KC, and BUF.

Hey, fitz beat NE when he was a Bill. He maybe could do it.