Jerry Hughes “You don’t like us but we are winning “

wppete

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, I’m with you along with Phillips, Milano, White, and I know some disagree, but Lawson.  We need to keep this unit together.  Part of me if he keeps playing well, I’m cool with Lorax coming back for one more year.  If we really make a run in the playoffs, I could see it.

I agree on them all, although with Lawson it depends on price and how much they think this season is a product of being a contract year.  As for Lorax, I think he said this is his last season, but I could be wrong.

And part of me hopes the Bills bring in a true MLB and move Edmunds outside. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Hughes looked rejuvenated tonight, I don't know if he has been dealing with injuries or what but tonight he had that burst and aggressiveness that I have been waiting to see all season. 

He was on fire against the Cowboys. I think playing next to Ed Oliver and Jordan Philips is going to help Jerry Hughes. Love it!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, I’m with you along with Phillips, Milano, White, and I know some disagree, but Lawson.  We need to keep this unit together.  Part of me if he keeps playing well, I’m cool with Lorax coming back for one more year.  If we really make a run in the playoffs, I could see it.

McBeane put a flame under Lawson's ass by not picking up option. Prove it year may turn into pay me year or I'm leaving.  I like Lawson too, finally playing up to potential because he is healthy and acclimated to NFL. 

Edited by BuffaloMatt
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m firmly in the camp of retaining everyone up for a contract this offseason.   We certainly have the money.  Of course that can change if Phillips and Lawson have absurd contract demands. 

Our pass rush has taken off with the emergence of the young guys - Oliver and Lawson.  

Our OL is legitimately talked about as a Top 10 OL and will only get better with continuity.  

I’d then go RD 1-WR, RD 2-EDGE, RD 3-RB in the Draft. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

McBeane put a flame under Lawson's ass by not picking up option. Prove it year may turn into pay me year or I'm leaving.  I like Lawson too, finally playing up to potential because he is healthy and acclimated to NFL. 

I'm not so sure it was just not picking up the option. Contract year helps, but iirc, they liked the way Lawson was trending from last season, but I feel they told him they needed him to continue to improve.

We tend to forget that he was 'damaged goods' when drafted, and last season was probably his first when fully fit. As one of the few holdovers from the Ryan debacle, trust in him from the coaches and GM, has had to be earned and maintained. I said elsewhere that I hope they make him a fair offer, as if he continues with performances like this, he certainly deserves it.

He made plays all over the field yesterday, and while his sacks the previous game were about as easy as they come in the NFL, nothing he did yesterday was unearned, and especially his 2 TFL were impressive.

• Like (+1) 1