Mel Kiper knew about Josh Allen

cage

This is one of my favorite clips and this exchange happened back in April.  I'm sure Kiper was doing plenty of smirking last night!  He also is one of the only analysts that thought Allen should be taken #1 overall

• Like (+1) 23
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Please dont take this the wrong way, I'm a JA supporter but

Lets not give him a gold jacket yet.....hasn't played a playoff game or beaten the Pats.

Lamar Jackson was pathetic in the playoffs

21 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Remember that like it was yesterday.

Contrary to rumours and speculation, Kiper is a good judge of college talent and footballers in general.

yes ! 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, frogger said:

Mel got one right!

Mel get a ton right...more than anyone else

What i like is the passion and confidence in his words while McShay ?? (who are you Mel Jr.- actually ESPN tried to make you a cheaper Mel  but couldn't) sits there giggling like he has a clue. Obviously Mr. MCShay not a clue

• Like (+1) 2

Great point about liking one player does not mean you have to not like another.  A real football fan knows this.  He is correct.  

1983 draft first round -  Elway, Marino, Kelly were all great HoF.  Blackledge, O’Brien and Eason were all average or below.   I don’t recall the media hating the other three.  They had years to play and prove themselves without ridicule.  

Today the expectations on QBs are unrealistic.  The media coverage is over the top.  The media has lowered their standards to the same thing that fans tweet about or spout out on forums.   They should be better than that.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Great point about liking one player does not mean you have to not like another.  A real football fan knows this.  He is correct.  

1983 draft first round -  Elway, Marino, Kelly were all great HoF.  Blackledge, O’Brien and Eason were all average or below.   I don’t recall the media hating the other three.  They had years to play and prove themselves without ridicule.  

Today the expectations on QBs are unrealistic.  The media coverage is over the top.  The media has lowered their standards to the same thing that fans tweet out about or out out on forums.   They should be better than that.  

Yeah I agree, that is a popular thing these days that I find annoying. 

• Like (+1) 2

So many people are impatient and impulsive today. Technology has given us access to more information than ever. We also are able to share our instant thoughts and emotions with the world. Those of us old enough to remember watching games before cell phones, Twitter, message boards etc can recall we just shared our thoughts with those unfortunate enough to be in the same room as us.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Today the expectations on QBs are unrealistic.  The media coverage is over the top.  The media has lowered their standards to the same thing that fans tweet out about or out out on forums.   They should be better than that.  

Agreed. I think Darnold is good and will get better. If both were available to us on draft night, my first choice would have been Darnold. Glad we have Josh, but I think Darnold is going to work out for the Jets.

Edited by Dopey