Black Friday Death Count 2019

Just Jack

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

had to do it one year, found a spot to park and walked the half hour to the store, put on blinders and went only for the purchase and walked back and never again

My wife and he mom do it every year. Leave the house at 4am and dont return until sometime in the evening.  Complete lunacy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My wife and he mom do it every year. Leave the house at 4am and dont return until sometime in the evening.  Complete lunacy. 

you are fortunate you don’t have to sit there in the car or at the mall while they will only be “half an hour at the most”

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I’m not sure about the ethical lines people draw. If you are going to get into fights To get a deal on Black Friday, why not instead just steal the stuff on another day? Or is Shoplifting more immoral than Black Friday Assault 

I few times in sports I saw red and could have hurt another real bad

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

had to do it one year, found a spot to park and walked the half hour to the store, put on blinders and went only for the purchase and walked back and never again

Mine year I went just for one thing, got a spot close to one of the mall doors. Got my item and came out, saw the line of cars just trying to find a spot and decided since I didn’t have to work that day, and had no where I needed to be, to keep shopping. And that’s what I did. Go buy something, take it out to my truck, and go back in for the next item, while enjoying the angry looks from people that would follow me in their vehicle thinking I was leaving. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I missed the restaurant turn one day and took the next right to turn around

it was the street entrance to a CostCo and the gas station had at least 50 cars in the lineup to add to the chaos 

took me half an hour to get back to the street due to the traffic and mayhem

i never wanted to know this kind of misery exists in the world, hopefully never again

49 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Mine year I went just for one thing, got a spot close to one of the mall doors. Got my item and came out, saw the line of cars just trying to find a spot and decided since I didn’t have to work that day, and had no where I needed to be, to keep shopping. And that’s what I did. Go buy something, take it out to my truck, and go back in for the next item, while enjoying the angry looks from people that would follow me in their vehicle thinking I was leaving. 

You should have sold the spot to the highest bidder.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I'm surprised at the end of the day, your purchases were still in your truck.   Maybe the close spot made the difference.

One of the big problems is that the retailers actually promote this type of chaos.  I've worked retail on Black Friday.  You can control the line.  Let them in 50 at a time and space them out.  Ticket high demand items or let people shop areas in portions.  That first video, the employees are laughing as they open the door.  Everyone is so busy recording it instead of keeping things under control. 

On the flip side, and I know I'm going to take a beating for this, I wonder what the percentage of Trump voters were in those videos? 

The one woman said it best "All over some towels?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Climate protesters block stores, disrupt Black Friday shopping

By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Protesters around the world disrupted Black Friday shopping in order to draw attention to climate change days before the United Nations met to discuss the issue in Madrid.

The retail holiday saw protests in a long list of countries -- including France, Germany, the United States -- with some activists entering stores and others holding mock funerals. Near Paris, climate demonstrators blocked a shopping mall and gathered in from of Amazon’s headquarters to protest over-production they say is killing the planet.

To many activists, Black Friday is the epitome of this shift, a purely commercial event designed to boost U.S. retailers ahead of the Christmas holidays, the symbol of capitalism run amok.

"We are living in a system of endless consumerism," the group Extinction Rebellion NYC tweeted on Friday. "Earth cannot sustain that, especially as we accelerate towards climate and ecological catastrophe."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/climate-protesters-black-friday

Wonder what percentage of the protesters used fossil fuel powered vehicles to get to and from the protests. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Virgil said:

One of the big problems is that the retailers actually promote this type of chaos.  I've worked retail on Black Friday.  You can control the line.  Let them in 50 at a time and space them out.  Ticket high demand items or let people shop areas in portions.  That first video, the employees are laughing as they open the door.  Everyone is so busy recording it instead of keeping things under control. 

On the flip side, and I know I'm going to take a beating for this, I wonder what the percentage of Trump voters were in those videos? 

The one woman said it best "All over some towels?"

Trump voters?

They act more like antifa supporters. 

....well at least he wasn't in line at Popeye's to get a sammich........

Virginia man arrested on Black Friday after being found naked in Kohl’s parking lot, police say

By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

A Virginia man was arrested Friday after police say he was found sitting naked in a car in a North Carolina Kohl’s parking lot on America’s busiest shopping day of the year.

Tylik Shawdu Little, 28, was spotted after a patrolling officer smelled marijuana coming from a row of vehicles, the Knightdale Police Department said in a news release.

The officer ordered Little to put clothes on and exit the vehicle, but he instead tried to escape by driving behind and between nearby buildings, according to authorities. He was stopped a short distance away and taken into custody, wearing pants and a shirt.

“This sort of public behavior on the busiest shopping day of the year is particularly appalling,” said Police Chief Lawrence Capps. “We are glad no citizens were adversely impacted and pleased that our emphasis on proactive patrols paid off in this instance.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-man-arrested-black-friday-naked-kohls-police

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....well at least he wasn't in line at Popeye's to get a sammich........

Virginia man arrested on Black Friday after being found naked in Kohl’s parking lot, police say

By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

A Virginia man was arrested Friday after police say he was found sitting naked in a car in a North Carolina Kohl’s parking lot on America’s busiest shopping day of the year.

Tylik Shawdu Little, 28, was spotted after a patrolling officer smelled marijuana coming from a row of vehicles, the Knightdale Police Department said in a news release.

The officer ordered Little to put clothes on and exit the vehicle, but he instead tried to escape by driving behind and between nearby buildings, according to authorities. He was stopped a short distance away and taken into custody, wearing pants and a shirt.

“This sort of public behavior on the busiest shopping day of the year is particularly appalling,” said Police Chief Lawrence Capps. “We are glad no citizens were adversely impacted and pleased that our emphasis on proactive patrols paid off in this instance.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-man-arrested-black-friday-naked-kohls-police

These are only the reported cases...no one wants the embarrassment...bad for business!

• Like (+1) 1