13-3 wildcard?

billvernsays

Even if we win out and tie with a 13 - 3 record along with the Patriots we’re still going to be at best a 5th seed. Unless the Pats’ other loss is to Cinn or the Dolphins due to win % of common opponents. 

13-3 5th seed seems wrong and It’s very possible it could happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know it is crazy , we have to beat the Pats and hope the Pats drop a game in order to secure the division . I do not think we are going to win the division but I think we win a playoff game and we might even beat the Pats . That Browns game is gonna cost us the tiebreaker but that is OK . We are having such a good season and just get better and better 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

Even if we win out and tie with a 13 - 3 record along with the Patriots we’re still going to be at best a 5th seed. Unless the Pats’ other loss is to Cinn or the Dolphins due to win % of common opponents. 

13-3 5th seed seems wrong and It’s very possible it could happen. I would say it’s not very likely.   But it has happened  before.  It would be an anomaly just like when the pats missed the playoffs completely at 11-5. The format allows for these things.  The bills Could go into week 17 with nothing to gain and rest guys.  

50 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

I know it is crazy , we have to beat the Pats and hope the Pats drop a game in order to secure the division . I do not think we are going to win the division but I think we win a playoff game and we might even beat the Pats . That Browns game is gonna cost us the tiebreaker but that is OK . We are having such a good season and just get better and better 

We would have to Beat the Pats by 9 points I think

14 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I'm just so happy right now... our team look so good ?????

that was my biggest concern about the game, how they show up. wait, what, I was concerned? really though to look like they did on the national stage made me proud to be a bills fan. real proud.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Let’s hope Houston can help us out on Sunday night and hand NE their 2nd loss. If that happens, some interesting scenarios open up.

And the Chiefs the following week as well.  Then if we beat the Ravens which is a long shot, when we face the Patriots in Foxborough another unlikely, then in this rare scenario we would have the better record.  All of these things are TBD, so as several others said, let’s focus on the Ravens at home.  I’m glad at least we’ll be a home with 75,000 crazy Bills fans.  

Lamar better start practicing now the silent count as he’ll never be able to yell out the calls.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, billvernsays said:

13-3 5th seed seems wrong and It’s very possible it could happen. 

It sucks, but the Titans went into the Music City Miracle game as a 13-3 wildcard team, I believe.  For the record, I think we finish 12-4, though.

Edited by mannc

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

And the Chiefs the following week as well.  Then if we beat the Ravens which is a long shot, when we face the Patriots in Foxborough another unlikely, then in this rare scenario we would have the better record.  All of these things are TBD, so as several others said, let’s focus on the Ravens at home.  I’m glad at least we’ll be a home with 75,000 crazy Bills fans.  

Lamar better start practicing now the silent count as he’ll never be able to yell out the calls.

How can you say it’s a “long shot” that we beat the Ravens at home?  Let’s see how they handle SF first.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Patriots need to finish 12-4 for Buffalo to have a chance.. No way they will lose to Cincy or Miami so we can best them in a 13-3 tie breaker.  Fans need to focus on the wildcard race.  

• Like (+1) 1