Turning point in the game

Big Blitz

4 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I felt like it was when Josh fumbled then muscled forward for the 1st. When he unleashed that emotion I knew this was something different. 

The cameras showed him on Dak’s first drive, did anyone else get the vibe that he was distancing himself from the game in an attempt to keep his nerve? His face looked relaxed and focused.

When Josh got that first down I knew we weren’t in Kansas anymore. Freakin awesome!

• Like (+1) 2

Here is the thing you go for it there and you are likely to get it, no question.  But  what is the payoff?   You are no where near fg range.  All they did is delay before punting.   If buffalo got the stop it could have been a turning point and huge momentum swing.   I don’t think it was the right decision.  

the turning point was the fourth and one imo

Edited by mattynh

That decision by Garrett was a direct result of the criticism of kicking the field goal instead of trying to tie it against New England.  I agree with most that the turning point was Allen's fumbling 4th down disaster turned masterpiece. 

5 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I felt like it was when Josh fumbled then muscled forward for the 1st. When he unleashed that emotion I knew this was something different. 

The cameras showed him on Dak’s first drive, did anyone else get the vibe that he was distancing himself from the game in an attempt to keep his nerve? His face looked relaxed and focused.

He was sizing up whether he could throw the football out of Jerryworld through the roof.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think I remember this right.  I had a special cookie and a few Weihenstephaner beers.  I couldn’t figure how to untie my shoe so I did the the big toe in the heel and kick it off.  My show went flying and knocked over one of the empty beer bottles shattering it.  It’s going to suck in the morning having to clean it up.

Will you be starting a follow-up thread about how to put your shoes on, like the "How do you put your pants on" one? Waiting...........

6 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I think this team and Josh in particular have done a great job of withstanding the initial push when playing on the road. The first drive is scripted and played with alot of adrenaline. The bullets start flying after that, IMO, and Josh and our defense has a nack for keeping his cool and settling in.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the turning point was Oliver’s strip sack.  Dallas sort of had the momentum after Stars INT with us going backwards on offense and then the missed FG.

Oliver put some stank on Frederick and gave  us the ball back...then scored a TD.

I think I remember this right.  I had a special cookie and a few Weihenstephaner beers.  I couldn’t figure how to untie my shoe so I did the the big toe in the heel and kick it off.  My show went flying and knocked over one of the empty beer bottles shattering it.  It’s going to suck in the morning having to clean it up.

This! As mentioned above, Dallas still had some momentum after we wasted the Star INT and our kicking woes. 

Absolutely game-changing play by our #1 pick which gave us the momentum and confidence for the rest of the game. Dallas never recovered...suddenly their O-line didn't seem so impossible to beat and our defense played lights out after that. 

Had to remind myself this wasn't all a dream this morning...go Bills!

Josh Allen recovering his fumble on 4 and 1 to somehow make a first down was the play of the game.   It was an incredible play, but the motivational value to the rest of the team screamed --- they can't stop us if we play our game.

Edited by grog
  • Like (+1) 3

That was mine too, I think that is when the 'Boys all collectively knew they were in for a dogfight they weren't prepared for

This.

That 4th down super-conversion by Allen was undoubtedly the turning point 

I don't know that I would necessarily call it the turning point of the game, but I get the importance of it:

It showed just how desperate Garrett and the Cowboys were to win this game: a reminder of what happened when the Bills faced other talented teams with their backs to the wall (namely the Eagles and Browns)  The Bills did not falter after allowing the 4th down conversion. Instead, the forced a punt afterwards and went on to score 26 unanswered points.

7 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Yes, I noticed that look on the sideline.   Getting his head right imho.  Good for him, THAT is how its done folks!!

For me it wasn't after the drive that put them up 13-7 i felt like they had it figured out on defense- unless Dallas scored on defense or special teams pretty confident at that point. I'm not "give us respect" guy, I like flying under the radar. I enjoy the season I see every snap either there road or home or on television I don't need a bunch of guys who don't watch them offering misguided guesses about the Buffalo Bills. The object is collect as many wins as you can while building a team that can compete year in and year out. The national media is about ratings and clicks NFL.com top story is how Michael Bennett gave an emotional speech AFTER the Bills game. What?  that's the top story ?   Because it's Dallas its the huge population base its america's team its clicks its ratings we should know this. Buffalo has a large emotional fan base, writers-bloggers include them in misinformed articles here and there because they know not only will Bills fans read it but will also react to it. 

Great win, building something big, enjoying the process, love the togetherness I know this I watch this I live this  I dont need ESPN or Colin Cowherd trying to pretend they know what's up. Or WGR telling me culture doesn't matter from 3 (Howie Jeremy Schopp) guys (I dont Bulldog is on board) who haven't been on anything resembling a sports team including darts. 

Edited by CardinalScotts

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dallas going for it on their own 19.  

You might be on to something.   I was thinking "that's a lot of disrespect for the Bills" right there.   I'm sure fiery guys like Hughes and Lawson felt the same way and it woke up that D...

4th and inches when you have one of the best Oline in football just makes sense to go for it. It would have been a turning point if the Bills had stopped it.

To me, the super early first down pass on 3rd down with Josh standing in his own endzone was key. It looked like an early rout by the Cowboys. Instead it turned into a game thanks to that play and the great punt by Bojorquez.

After that, the Josh 4th and one muscled 1st down, the strip sack by Oliver, etc. are major. Of course, the super bogus call that negated the Hyde INT saved the Cowboys from a rout too! They got a constant slow death instead :)

• Like (+1) 1