Turning point in the game

Big Blitz

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No I know I get it.  

I'm trying to say how significant this team turning the tide after that series was.  I was pretty fired up in my living after we did force the punt.  I said at the time watch this team is going to rally around that call.  

100 percent sure they got just a tad bit extra motivation having Dallas go for it like that.  That's disrespect more than it is believing in your guys.  

Your own 19.  Up 7. 

It was like 4th and 3 inches. 

52 minutes ago, Fires said:

Loved the video..... I'm sure Jimbo has spent some time with Josh helping him out...

I love Josh’s growth in diagnosing plays and making changes at the line. Such a good feeling when he makes an adjustment and then follows that with converting for a first down to a wide open receiver. Uncle Jim has gotta be ecstatic. 

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I was nervous when we were 3rd and long, Josh drops back into the end zone and hits Beasley for a critical first down.

Shudder to think what happens if he misses or Beas drops. Massive play for mine.

As the game moves along, you can point to lots of other moments, many of which have already been mentioned. This one for me, was both my favourite throw, and maybe the initial turning point in the game.

We managed a few more plays on that drive, but didn't get any points. However, with the help of a monster punt, (Kudos Bojorquez), we switched field position. Up until then, the Cowgirls had had the upper hand. After that, the game evened out for a little while, and then the Bills took them apart. Without that drive though, things might have been a lot different.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mannc said:

I seem to recall that the Cowboys converted on that play.  So how was is a turning point for us?

some people really hate analytics 

The OP seemed to recall they converted too. The OP also tried to explain how it was a turning point. I'll try for him: "But you went for it at your own 19.  You can't measure what impact that decision may have had on the other sides manhood and how it could flip a switch....wake them up.  I think this happened tonight. " They got the 1st and didn't score. Any momentum from that 1st down was squashed when they didn't score. After that we took control of the game.

I like analytics, but 4th and 1 at your own 19 in the 1st qtr and up by 7 already? Maybe our guys were asking " did they really just go for it on 4th at their own 19?! It's the 1st qtr and they're up, WTF!?!? " Analytics aside, I think this was a desperate and dumb move caused by Jerry Jones' comments the week before.

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

What that play by Dallas, going for it on fourth and one at their own 19, showed me, was that Dallas was worried about us.  If they think their defense can handle us, they play it the normal way, punt away, and expect to stop us.  

I agree with the people saying the turning point was the Oliver strip-sack.  That guy seems to have figured things out.

I agree. That call seemed more like Garrett telling his owner he has balls.

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the turning point was Ed's strip sack. We had already had one short field from Star's pick and not made it count. The very next time Dallas get the ball there we are again - turnover. That time we turned it into the lead. A lead we never relinquished. 

Yup.  The game changed when the D locked down Prescott for the rest of the first half while Josh & Co dealt with bad field position early on.  The strip sack was the defining play as it lead to the go ahead for good TD.

29 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The OP seemed to recall they converted too. The OP also tried to explain how it was a turning point. I'll try for him: "But you went for it at your own 19.  You can't measure what impact that decision may have had on the other sides manhood and how it could flip a switch....wake them up.  I think this happened tonight. " They got the 1st and didn't score. Any momentum from that 1st down was squashed when they didn't score. After that we took control of the game.

I like analytics, but 4th and 1 at your own 19 in the 1st qtr and up by 7 already? Maybe our guys were asking " did they really just go for it on 4th at their own 19?! It's the 1st qtr and they're up, WTF!?!? " Analytics aside, I think this was a desperate and dumb move caused by Jerry Jones' comments the week before.

That’s what’s called a stretch.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the turning point was Ed's strip sack. We had already had one short field from Star's pick and not made it count. The very next time Dallas get the ball there we are again - turnover. That time we turned it into the lead. A lead we never relinquished. 

My thoughts exactly!  I replayed it and if that strip sack didn't happen the pass would have been a big completion to at least our 30 yard line probably a gain of 30+ yards.  The WR was breaking wide open.  Crazy how much a game can change with one play.  Ed Oliver looks like he is figuring out the NFL.  Lovin it!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because that was the turning point.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:34 AM, Process said:

You realize it's a huge stretch to try and make the case that the other team converting a fourth down was the turning point for us?

I get what your saying, I'm mostly just messing with you. 

I think the big thing was not the fourth down conversion but rather the fact that they ended up not allowing points on that drive. Allowing a fourth down conversion in that area of the field could demoralize some teams and they'd give up a touchdown. It was a turning point for the Bills because they didn't allow a turning point for Dallas.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:41 AM, Big Blitz said:

No I know I get it.  

I'm trying to say how significant this team turning the tide after that series was.  I was pretty fired up in my living after we did force the punt.  I said at the time watch this team is going to rally around that call.  

100 percent sure they got just a tad bit extra motivation having Dallas go for it like that.  That's disrespect more than it is believing in your guys.  

Your own 19.  Up 7. 

I’m not sure this team took it that way.... 

The consensus at my turkey watch party was “Damn. They’re desperate and coaching scared.”

• Like (+1) 1

I almost feel like the real turning point was when we got a stop when we were down 7-0 already and they had the ball at midfield. If we had went down 14-0 that could have been crushing. 

Then we had bad field position but managed to flip the field, and we settled in and imposed our will after that.

I think the turning point was when we were down 7-0, and were facing a 3rd and 10 backed up inside our own 5 yard line. Punt the ball there, and you’re probably down at least 10-0. Instead Josh threw a dime to Beasley. The drive stalled out close to midfield, but it flipped the field.