A Few Thoughts about the Cowboys Game, in no particular order

Virgil

man,  what a game. how 'bout those Buffalo Bills babay!

as usual, nice write up, Virgil

these guys play as a team, they play for one another. you can just see the camaraderie they have on display each and every week. a great reflection on McD. he knew what he was wanting to build and today, we are seeing the byproduct of that desire. man! 

i don't know that we will beat the Ravens, as they are playing pretty well themselves right now but i do know that we should not fear them, or anybody including the Patriots they way we are playing. 

cracked me up at the end of the broadcast where they showed Phillips and Lawson(?) making fun of Elliot's signature spoon feeding thing, too funny.

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

TLDR;  but hey nice set of turnovers and nice throws by Josh to keep it close early.   This is how the process manifests itself; no splashy shiny toy signings, just drafting extremely well, getting the right FA talent and personality types in the locker room and coaching them up.   Eventually, and barring a rash of injuries (being very healthy this year is a big deal no one talks about) , the wins will come.   Looks like they coming earlier than we thought.   Good.   Trust the Process.   Its just win number 9, as Allen says.  That's the process talking.   go bills

Nice stuff again, Virgil.  Your summaries are always a good read whether or night I agree with all your points.  I'm with you on all of them today.  Love the way you can express what we are all feeling after a good game.  The fact that you had so many positive things to write about for so many different players and parts of the game I think is testament to how much of an actual TEAM this group has become.  TRUST THE PROCESS!

I haven't seen much mention about Josh's mastery of play calling and audibles on a few drives.  That drive near the end where the basically put the game away by eating up a ton of clock was really special.  He was calling audibles on nearly every play.  He'd see the D line up, then pick another play.  There were a few runs that went nowhere but they still ate of up a lot of clock time.  I'd be interested in your take on that part. I mean yeah, he showed amazing accuracy and all that, but his play changing was just beauty over and over again.  I was kind of enjoying seeing 3rd downs because it was like we were going to see him do something really nice again. I can really get used to that.  (knock on wood).  Cowboys fans must have been pissed every time he started changing  play and throwing their hands up on the nice 3rd down conversions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Distorted One said:

Nice stuff again, Virgil.  Your summaries are always a good read whether or night I agree with all your points.  I'm with you on all of them today.  Love the way you can express what we are all feeling after a good game.  The fact that you had so many positive things to write about for so many different players and parts of the game I think is testament to how much of an actual TEAM this group has become.  TRUST THE PROCESS!

I haven't seen much mention about Josh's mastery of play calling and audibles on a few drives.  That drive near the end where the basically put the game away by eating up a ton of clock was really special.  He was calling audibles on nearly every play.  He'd see the D line up, then pick another play.  There were a few runs that went nowhere but they still ate of up a lot of clock time.  I'd be interested in your take on that part. I mean yeah, he showed amazing accuracy and all that, but his play changing was just beauty over and over again.  I was kind of enjoying seeing 3rd downs because it was like we were going to see him do something really nice again. I can really get used to that.  (knock on wood).  Cowboys fans must have been pissed every time he started changing  play and throwing their hands up on the nice 3rd down conversions. 

I think all of those audibles on the last drive were just window dressing honestly.  We were just running down the clock.  I’m sure if he saw a specific blocking assignment, he’d call it out.  But they were running regardless. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

A few other comments:

It is amazing how this offense has turned around with the introduction of Singletary to this offense three weeks ago.  He has made a HUGE difference. 

And the most impressive thing they did today was that  7 1/2 minute drive in the 4th quarter to get the FG.  That was HUGE....They dominated the Cowboys defense and methodically marched forward.  Usually,  we would be at the receiving end of such drives...But NOT Today....That drive effectively put the game away for good.   

That drive was when I truly felt this team had potential for greatness. Dallas has a good D and to be able to do that to them in crunch time was impressive 

It was a great game and win BUT Had to watch a lot with the sound off because the announcers were so biased against us.  I get it with Romo but way too much;  "well Dallas only needs 16 points to win," etc. made it really hard to listen to.  Hope they both choked on their giblets!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Milano was fantastic today. I personally think he gets a little too much hype because he makes so many highlight reel plays and is often pedestrian. But some games he dominates and this was one. 

During the McDermott/Beane tenure Milano represents the many high value mid-round and even lower draft picks that are contributing. It's an amazing percentage of hits on their selections. By getting those draft hits and filling a roster with cheaper first year contracts that gives the organization more flexibility in the free agent market. The success on the field is a reflection of the quality of the operation in the front office and organization. Attacked below is a link to our last draft. There is an impressive number of hits from this one draft. And it should be noted our two third round picks were stellar picks. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/draft/

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

It was a great game and win BUT Had to watch a lot with the sound off because the announcers were so biased against us.  I get it with Romo but way too much;  "well Dallas only needs 16 points to win," etc. made it really hard to listen to.  Hope they both choked on their giblets!

I watched Good Morning Football on the NFL Network today expecting to see some accolades for the Bills.  There were some, but the dominant theme was that the Cowboys laid an egg. 

8 hours ago, DQW87 said:

The thing that seemed really different this game was every time they had a "here we go again moment", when you expected them to collapse to begin because of a bad play or a bad call, it never happened.  As a matter of fact, it not only didn't happen, they just kept overcoming whatever it was and playing better and better.  After we didn't score on the first turnover because of a missed field goal, I totally expected the Cowboys to drive down the field and score and take over the momentum.  I just couldn't believe the number of times the offense and the defense rose to the occasion and made huge plays.  It shows you how good a team this team can be when both units are playing at a high level.  It was so enjoyable knowing the country was finally seeing what we all get to see.  That this is a real contender and a team that may just be peaking at the right time!

Yes, your comment reminds me of the Bills "no quit" ethic of the Super Bowl Years in the 90's.  Kelly, Bruce and company NEVER gave up.....that is how its done if you are a winner!

• Like (+1) 1

Great overall read which summarized the game very well.  

One thing that I love about this team is that they learn from their mistakes.  

Patriots loss-Allen was making too many turnovers from playing hero ball, his play calling was adjusted and they dialed his offense down until he got more comfortable.  Minimal turnovers since

Eagles loss-Gashed on the run defense and dominated all day y the Eagles offense.   Cut Peko, Added Taylor and Liujet in order to improve depth,  made adjustments on their defense.  Since then, the run defense has improved an the defense had gone back to their top form.

Browns Loss-Coaching cost them, terrible play calling.   Daboll moved to the booth, Allen was allowed to open things up again.  The result is that Allen has has by far his most complete three games since.

Baltimore will be a tough one, mainly because they are the best team currently and have been dominating playoff caliber teams.  Even with that game, I like their chances to get 11 or maybe even 12 wins.  This should be a fun end to the season.

• Like (+1) 3