Cole Beasley Vindicated

mramefa

When Cole Beasley signed for the Bills, one of the things we loved was that he was very outspoken. He said that he felt appreciated at the Bills and felt underappreciated before at the Cowboys. He said that the Bills had a better culture and atmosphere.

I'm sure a lot of you remember, but his social media was overrun by angry cowboy fans saying he made a huge mistake, and was a trash player never worthy of the cowboy uniforms. They said he would regret his decision to move.

Well I think he showed them. 6 catches for 110 yard and 1 TD today. The best WR performance on the field, and he outplayed every player on the Cowboys.

Let's hear it for Cole. We're glad to have you.

• Like (+1) 21
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Cowboys hardly ever had Beasley run a route further than five yards from the line of scrimmage. And, he always had other egos in the WR corp that had to be assuaged. His talents were greatly underutilized in Dallas. I was skeptical myself when he arrived here that he would be anything other than a gadget player for our offense. But, this guy is talented. Everything he said about the Cowboys, and the way he was (under)used in their offense looks like it was true. So glad he wears a Bills uniform now. 

I think a player that is small and an UFA will always struggle to be appreciated as a great player.  Slot wrs and slot corners will always be lower on the food chain although the best of them have big impacts on the game.  The Cowboys did not seem to make him much of a priority to resign and he got the message loud and clear.

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Cowboys hardly ever had Beasley run a route further than five yards from the line of scrimmage. And, he always had other egos in the WR corp that had to be assuaged. His talents were greatly underutilized in Dallas. I was skeptical myself when he arrived here that he would be anything other than a gadget player for our offense. But, this guy is talented. Everything he said about the Cowboys, and the way he was (under)used in their offense looks like it was true. So glad he wears a Bills uniform now. 

I won't lie and say that I saw a lot of Cowboys games, but I maybe say 5-10 while he was there.

Every damn time it was 3rd and long, and the other players all failed, they would pass to him, and almost never before. And on those third and longs he usually brought it in. He was absolutely ignored there.

Even in the Bills offense, I think he has the capability to do a lot more. His work put in today could be his production every game.

Edited by nrenegar
  • Like (+1) 2

I think he has the talent to be the best slot WR in the league.  We need a big athletic WR in the draft, then we may have one of the best WR lineuos in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

What's up with their safety, Woods, btw? I wonder if there was some bad blood there, as he ripped Cole's helmet off his head after he was down. Pretty awful move.

not sure how he didn't get ejected for that.  He better get a fine.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, nrenegar said:

I won't lie and say that I saw a lot of Cowboys games, but I maybe say 5-10 while he was there.

Every damn time it was 3rd and long, and the other players all failed, they would pass to him, and almost never before. And on those third and longs he usually brought it in. He was absolutely ignored there.

Even in the Bills offense, I think he has the capability to do a lot more. His work put in today could be his production every game.

Teams have done a lot to take Brown away figuring Allen was mostly one-read QB and by taking away Brown (his usual first read) Allen would get rattled.

I thought Beasley, Knox, and our other receivers would have to pick up their games and the slack. They have certainly risen to the occasion, and Allen is more than a one-read QB.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Teams have done a lot to take Brown away figuring Allen was mostly one-read QB and by taking away Brown (his usual first read) Allen would get rattled.

I thought Beasley, Knox, and our other receivers would have to pick up their games and the slack. They have certainly risen to the occasion, and Allen is more than a one-read QB.

Somewhat disagree with your point as Brown was leading the AFC in receiving yards entering the game. This game may bump him down a few spots, but J Brown has been very good for JA. I do want to see Basley, Knox, Foster, Singletary etc get more involved and a top 3 round investment or two in the offense at WR.

It's happening before our eyes. We are seeing a franchise QB develop, and it's for our team....

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think he has the talent to be the best slot WR in the league.  We need a big athletic WR in the draft, then we may have one of the best WR lineuos in the league. 

I agree. I think Brown and Beasley are so underrated...  (also Brown's touchdown throw was just perfect. Did I see a stat that he's the first Bills WR to throw a TD? I thought one of the other gadget WRs in the last decade had done that but I guess not)

They do need a bigger target, I dunno why Duke isn't used more but whattayagonnado. But I'm very high on Brown and Beasley, and Knox too, I think they just need time to gel with Allen in terms of timing and so forth... and lately it looks like they are finding each other's rhythms more. It all starts with Allen, and his improved control over his accuracy and the game slowing down for him. 

I think Brown and Beasley are just getting started.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Somewhat disagree with your point as Brown was leading the AFC in receiving yards entering the game. This game may bump him down a few spots, but J Brown has been very good for JA. I do want to see Basley, Knox, Foster, Singletary etc get more involved and a top 3 round investment or two in the offense at WR.

It's happening before our eyes. We are seeing a franchise QB develop, and it's for our team....

Was not knocking Smoke at all and I know what he has done this season, but you realize that he only had 26 yards this game because of the attention Dallas was giving him?

My point was that teams are focusing on taking Brown out by putting their best DB on him and double-covering him, but that just opens things up for all our other receivers. If Brown were one of those stat-craving prima donnas some were saying the Bills needed to sign, he would be pouting in the locker room. I can guaranty Brown was enjoying the team celebration and just happy he contributed to the "W". 

Allen is coming into his own... I expect some ups and downs still, but he is putting in the work to change the narrative many had of him coming out of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Was not knocking Smoke at all and I know what he has done this season, but you realize that he only had 26 yards this game because of the attention Dallas was giving him?

My point was that teams are focusing on taking Brown out by putting their best DB on him and double-covering him, but that just opens things up for all our other receivers. If Brown were one of those stat-craving prima donnas some were saying the Bills needed to sign, he would be pouting in the locker room. I can guaranty Brown was enjoying the team celebration and just happy he contributed to the "W". 

Allen is coming into his own... I expect some ups and downs still, but he is putting in the work to change the narrative many had of him coming out of the draft.

Didn't fully appreciate your post. Fair enough, Smoke has had some lower numbers the past two weeks.

Hoping Cole, McKenzie, Foster, Knox and Singletary can step it up.

Go Bills!

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Didn't fully appreciate your post. Fair enough, Smoke has had some lower numbers the past two weeks.

Hoping Cole, McKenzie, Foster, Knox and Singletary can step it up.

Go Bills!

If somehow the "Foster" we remember from last year is unleashed, watch out playoffs 

16 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

If somehow the "Foster" we remember from last year is unleashed, watch out playoffs 

That would be awesome...This also would mean that John Brown is not going to be double-teamed all the time.   Let's go FOSTER!

5 hours ago, nrenegar said:

When Cole Beasley signed for the Bills, one of the things we loved was that he was very outspoken. He said that he felt appreciated at the Bills and felt underappreciated before at the Cowboys. He said that the Bills had a better culture and atmosphere.

I'm sure a lot of you remember, but his social media was overrun by angry cowboy fans saying he made a huge mistake, and was a trash player never worthy of the cowboy uniforms. They said he would regret his decision to move.

Well I think he showed them. 6 catches for 110 yard and 1 TD today. The best WR performance on the field, and he outplayed every player on the Cowboys.

Let's hear it for Cole. We're glad to have you.

Cole is the kind of player every team needs.  He is that go to guy that will get open when you need that first down.  He is a great option for getting the momentum started early in games.

I love me some Beasley.

Congratulations Cole on a great game.  It is well deserved. 

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

Cole is the kind of player every team needs.  He is that go to guy that will get open when you need that first down.  He is a great option for getting the momentum started early in games.

I love me some Beasley.

Congratulations Cole on a great game.  It is well deserved. 

Daboll learned that with the Patriots use of  Wes Welker and now  Edelman.  He needed a QB who could execute that quick slant passes.  Josh has become better at it.