Josh Allen - The X Factor

mramefa

One thing people here have debated is Josh Allen's 'it' factor. Last season he seemed to step it up in big moments, but people still questioned whether he could be a winner in the really big games and in the playoffs.

From my perspective he's done everything possible to answer those questions this year.

First in fourth quarter comebacks in the NFL, first in third and long completions in the NFL, and in his first game on the national stage (he missed MNF v pats last year), he absolutely outplayed a solid and desperate cowboys team.

I can't wait to see what he's got in the playoffs, and in that first playoff game I expect him to step up and show us the best QB play we've seen since Kelly.

Edited by nrenegar
  • Like (+1) 4

I watch a lot of NFL football.  I watch a lot of Bills football.  We have had terrible QBs for years, because of no IT>  Multiple teams this year have played backups due to injury, etc...I've seen no IT. in those players..Josh Allen has all of IT!!  Stuff that is un-coachable.  Today's example is something that cannot be taught.  A player has IT, or he doesn't.  Josh has IT and I'm real happy to be a Bills fan right now!

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Allen is seperating himself from the other QBs in his class.  Buckle up Bills fans this is about to get real interesting

I wouldn't go that far.  People in Baltimore & NY/NJ are saying the same thing.  This is starting to look like the class of 1983 which produced 3 HOF QBs.  Denver, Buffalo & Miami were all satisfied with their QBs and each fit his team the best.  Right now Allen, Jackson, and Darnold are playing at a high level, getting better as the season goes on.  The Ravens, Jets & Bills wouldn't trade their QB for anyone else in the class.  Even Mayfield may be added to this group.  The only 1st round QB looking like a bust is Rosen who Arizona dumped after 1 season and now he can't get on the field with 2 win Miami.  It could also be compared with 2004 where E. Manning, Rivers & Roethlisberger were chosen & the Rosen of that class was our own JP Losman.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I wouldn't go that far.  People in Baltimore & NY/NJ are saying the same thing.  This is starting to look like the class of 1983 which produced 3 HOF QBs.  Denver, Buffalo & Miami were all satisfied with their QBs and each fit his team the best.  Right now Allen, Jackson, and Darnold are playing at a high level, getting better as the season goes on.  The Ravens, Jets & Bills wouldn't trade their QB for anyone else in the class.  Even Mayfield may be added to this group.  The only 1st round QB looking like a bust is Rosen who Arizona dumped after 1 season and now he can't get on the field with 2 win Miami.  It could also be compared with 2004 where E. Manning, Rivers & Roethlisberger were chosen & the Rosen of that class was our own JP Losman.  

These QB clusters appear to come every 20-Years - 1983, 2004, and 2018 (looking good).

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Allen is seperating himself from the other QBs in his class.  Buckle up Bills fans this is about to get real interesting

how so.  Allen, Mayfield, Darnold and Jackson are winning football games decisively for their teams.  It is a great QB class.  If Rosen can get his feet set somewhere in this league, it will be an amazing class....

Mayfield has won their last 3 and have a showdown in Pittsburgh this week.

Darnold has won 3 straight and scoring 34 points in each game....

Lamar has been stellar of all of them.

And Josh just shone under the bright lights of National TV....   A great season for the class of 2018. 

Edited by ganesh