CBS: maybe we were wrong about the Bills

dtgolder

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The Bills beating Dallas on thanksgiving doesn’t fit into the national media’s narrative.  We totally ruined their day.  They were all ready to start crowing Dallas again and their huge bounce back win.  

the media has been so fast to embrace us so many times. They loved the hot start with fitz. Trent got MVP chatter. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

They’ve been burned as much as we have.

and frankly, this team doesn’t look like an 11 win team on paper but the thing in the wild card race is a lot of teams look like 7 to 9 win teams and then 1 stays healthy, lucky with opponents and gets some favorable calls and balls dropped in their hands

The bounce of the oddly shaped ball is definitely going our way this year. But in the process they are getting to grow a bit too. I’ve long said this could be like the Ravens team that got hot late and won it. i do wish we put more chips on the table though.

some weeks this makes me a hater, some weeks a kool aid drinker 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, vincec said:

Simms has been on the Josh Allen bandwagon from day 1.

He was one of the few. Even before the draft. I remember him being on WGR once Buffalo selected Allen......and saying that he should sit a year IIRC, but the sky's the limit with this kid "when he's ready".

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 2

All I know is in the past especially on prime time.....if calls started going against us early (and man.....that was happening on Thursday) the bills would fall apart quick.

This team is Seabiscuit

"Georgie close the door"

"Georgie....you gotta give up the lead on the back stretch"

"Let Seabiscuit have a good long look at War Admiral and I promise you there is no way you lose that race"

"He fights for it Georgie"

On 11/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, NoSaint said:

The bounce of the oddly shaped ball is definitely going our way this year. But in the process they are getting to grow a bit too. I’ve long said this could be like the Ravens team that got hot late and won it. i do wish we put more chips on the table though.

some weeks this makes me a hater, some weeks a kool aid drinker 

I disagree. I dont see where a blown call, a lucky ball spot or a favorable bounce has allowed us to steal a victory. The close wins were decidedly good plays at he right time by the Bills such as the Tre White goal line interception. 

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

All I know is in the past especially on prime time.....if calls started going against us early (and man.....that was happening on Thursday) the bills would fall apart quick.

This team is Seabiscuit

"Georgie close the door"

"Georgie....you gotta give up the lead on the back stretch"

"Let Seabiscuit have a good long look at War Admiral and I promise you there is no way you lose that race"

"He fights for it Georgie"

Great movie. Much better book, which was fantastic. 

It's awesome the Bills are getting national credit but how many of us were surprised at how well they played? 95%? How many worried after the first drive? And the media mostly overrated us just before the Pats game even this year with collective high power rankings. 

Plus this offense just started clicking two weeks before the Cowboys game, against MIA and DEN. 

There was reason for skepticism. 

The one thing that shouldn't have taken this long is the Josh mea culpas. But even he had a surprisingly great game, and I'm as big a Josh fan as anyone.