Under the radar star for the Bills vs. Cowboys

Stallions

13 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

On the flip side, Daboll called a great game.  His place is clearly in the box, not on the sideline.

He was helped by the good execution, that don't let him call some of the craziness usual in him

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Star was a Star.....gets a pick and a FG tip??? Sorry but those are huge momentum plays. I rip that guy all the time but today showed up in a big way. Hats off to his effort today!!!?

Yep, I knocked him for effort, but a tip of the cap and recognition is due when the effort is there. I think adding Coery Liguet was the most under the radar move all season. Buffalo needed another clogger at DT and managed to get a former 1st round pick with some gas left in the tank. Star, Oliver and Phillips have all improved with Corey added to the rotation.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

On the flip side, Daboll called a great game.  His place is clearly in the box, not on the sideline.

Honestly, not every X's and O's guy is a good sideline game analyst, motivator, or leader.

Daboll has a really creative offensive mind, but from the box he balances that with what he is able to see on the field - where we are getting push, where we are struggling, what defenders are playing too far off or too aggressive. It is more of a sanctum where he can do what he does best, analyse the game and find the mismatches, and relay that to Allen.

It's working for both of them.

• Like (+1) 1

I really liked how Shaq played today. Especially early in the game when they were getting gashed, i thought he made a few solid tackles, helped force 3rd and more than 1 or 2 and helped get the Bills stabilized when it wasn't going well

3 hours ago, nrenegar said:

Step 1. Beane and McDermott get a young guy with a huge leg, and trust him to improve his skills.

Step 2. We all complain that he's not a consistent and not an amazing punter off the bat.

Step 3. He comes good, and we retract all our statements.

It's almost like we should trust them to lead us in the right direction (although obviously hard to do given past administrations).

We are after all fans and arm chair QBs...Again for every success that Beane and McDermott have had, they have had a few failures early on,  especially when it comes to getting WRs and OL from the market. 

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Hauschka must not like it in domes.

He needed that ricochet big time. I believe he looked up and said ‘thank God’. I hope he can get out of his own head, glad he made a couple clean kicks later.

The entire oline. Allen has days to stand back their a couple times. The oline also opened huge holes in the second half when the Cowboys knew the Bills were running down the clock.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1