10 days to prepare for Lamar and Ravens

DJB

If Bills top Baltimore and New England loses to say Houston or KC, Buffalo beats NEw England and we tie at 13-3... we beat Baltimore...Does Buffalo take the AFC East? And home field advantage through out the playoffs?

Edited by CEN-CAL17

I am actually starting to believe we may be able to slow down Lamar and the Ravens freight train.

The defense is looking solid against everyone.

The offense is starting to develop an attitude.  Allen and company don't seem intimidated when they face a high ranking defense.

The Ravens may over look this game after coming off a huge game vs the 49er's.

I am anxious to see what the line is on the Bills/Ravens game.

Go Bills!

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If Bills top Baltimore and New England loses to say Houston or KC, Buffalo beats NEw England and we tie at 13-3... we beat Baltimore...Does Buffalo take the AFC East? And home field advantage through out the playoffs?

No.  In that case, expect the commissioner to use his “emergency powers” to revise the tie-breaker rules to ensure “fairness to the league’s corporate partners.”.

“In case two teams in the same division finish with the same record, the first tie-breaker goes to the team that won the first game of the season between the two teams.”

Play Lamar like you were preparing for an option QB in college. Hit him hard every play he runs even if he pitches. Milano, Hyde, Poyer its time to lay him out. If he beats us throwing, that’s fine. This guy is only throwing 20-24 times a game so you have to be a run first focus. I fully expect them to have Edmunds spy him all game and bring plenty of run blitzes. 

This will be a playoff crowd and I hope we are again 6 point underdogs and McD Posts that fact all over our facility all week. 

10 hours ago, StHustle said:

He is a top 5 rated passer right now and the most accurate 22 year old in NFL history.

See if he can do this against this defense.  The running game is setting up his passing.  Watch the game versus Cleveland.  

19 minutes ago, Nitro said:

See if he can do this against this defense.  The running game is setting up his passing.  Watch the game versus Cleveland.  

Sunday will tell us a lot. That Browns game means little at this point. I believe they would crush the Browns right now. This 9ers game is HUGE for the Bills match up vs the Ravens and could determine a lot of what we do or dont do

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Sunday will tell us a lot. That Browns game means little at this point. I believe they would crush the Browns right now. This 9ers game is HUGE for the Bills match up vs the Ravens and could determine a lot of what we do or dont do

I am referring to how they played defense against him

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

QBR has a lot to do with rushing stats. 

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

This is what I was referring to. Jackson in #3 in the league. Point im making is it doesnt make sense to say "Let's force him to pass" like its a weakness. Have you guys seen his pin point accuracy and ball placement? Decision making? 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, StHustle said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

This is what I was referring to. Jackson in #3 in the league. Point im making is it doesnt make sense to say "Let's force him to pass" like its a weakness. Have you guys seen his pin point accuracy and ball placement? Decision making? 

I was not arguing that. Just that QBR does definitely incorporate rushing. 

19 hours ago, Nitro said:

Stack the box.  Stop the run and make Lamar and the Ravens throw.

I'm more worried about Mark Ingram and RBs than I am Lamar. That running game is what makes Lamar effective. Stop that running game and make Lamar throw to the sidelines, although I've seen video where the Ravens have been working on those sideline routes with Lamar.

• Thank you (+1) 1