10 days to prepare for Lamar and Ravens

DJB

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Ummm...I was responding to someone saying stop the run and force Lamar to throw as if that's been a weakness. That's lats years logic. You need to lay a hat on Lamar...bottom line. Must apply consistent pressure and get to him. Outside of that you are leaning on him having a bad game as your only hope. 

If throwing was his strong suit they’d have him do it more. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Chargers last year, they slowed him using 7 DBs

MCD loves DB's.  

I'm also worried about Ingram.  I'd do something similar to whatever we did to Dallas.  Zeek still got yards, but we contained him and their offense.  

I like the matchup of the bills D vs Baltimore’s O. 

I think the zone defense can limit a good portion of the trickeration Jackson runs. 
Baltimore really only runs 3-4 plays they just have 1000 variations to them and multiple options based on the read. Man coverage is impossible against them there’s no way to cover all those guys between the motions and rpo stuff. Baltimore has started hot most of their games, and just pounded defenses to submission by the 4th quarter. 
Love to see buffalo score 1st and put Baltimore behind and see if Jackson is a legit MVP candidate or just a fad of Romans offense. I find what they do to be similar to the wildcat but with some passes mixed in. Wildcat lasted what 2 years maybe before it fizzled out and didn’t work really anymore? 
Probably the biggest game for the bills since the “playoff” game. Win this one and buffalo becomes a media sensation and hottest team in the league  for a little bit 

• Like (+1) 1

Ravens are a different beast altogether. If I were McDermott I'd look at the tape from last year's playoff game where Jackson looked lost and ineffective. There might be a couple insights there in how to stop them.

The Ravens have been hot lately, but earlier in the year they lost a few games, some of them against inferior teams. So they can be beaten.

18 minutes ago, jeffalb3 said:

Its probably good bills are playing the ravens cause if bills can win a playoff game, they will have film on how they can adjust if need be if they met in playoffs. 

I see the point. This could be a 'good loss' by getting to play against that very unique offense.

The Giants did the same playing against the Bills in 1990, and the Giants lost the game, but Parcells and Belichik got to play against them and figured out how to beat them later in Super Bowl 25.

How to beat the Ravens.

We need to keep running our up-tempo offense and similar play calling. If we slow down and run all the time we are toast against their defense.

I was going to say we need to run 8-9 in the box and we may on occasion but doing so frequently will compromise our defense. We still need to crowd the box and crush the pocket around Jackson but i think we should run a 7 man front instead of our usual 6 man front consisting of  4-2-5.

However instead of a 4-3, to which the LBs outside of Milano and Edmunds are so-so, we should run a 5-2-4.

By putting an extra lineman on the line this will clog up their lanes more and put bigger and more importantly better players on the field and keep lineman off our LBs to flow freely to the ball and pass defend like they normally do.

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If throwing was his strong suit they’d have him do it more. 

He leads the league in QBR which has ZERO to do with rushing stats. I'm only making that point that he is not some one dimensional QB and to say "shut down the run" like that's all you have to worry about is irresponsible. 

I really think we can best the Ravens. I'm excited to see what the D has drawn up

***EDIT: When I say QBR I mean Quarter Back Rating...not the ESPN QBR thingy. I was pretty intoxicated when I posted this.

Edited by StHustle

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He leads the league in QBR which has ZERO to do with rushing stats. I'm only making that point that he is not some one dimensional QB and to say "shut down the run" like that's all you have to worry about is irresponsible. 

I really think we can best the Ravens. I'm excited to see what the D has drawn up

Wrong.

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123701/how-is-total-qbr-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, StHustle said:

QBR has a lot to do with rushing stats. 

• Like (+1) 1